Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, it is kind of frustrating hearing the bashing on Qbs here. Let me say this. Another mans trash could be another mans treasure. Lets look at Rich Gannon for example. He really sucked and was kicked around so many teams for years, but landed with Oakland and became a NFL MVP. AllPro. In Arizona, Kolb was behind the worst O Line in Football. On top of that, their LT goes down. Nobody would shine there. Nobody! We do not know the system that Marrone will have in place, but if he feels that Kolb can succeed, than why not pick him up. We only have Jackson and Corp. We need more competition. Grab a guy in the draft and let it be competition. Worse comes to worse, we get our guy next draft.

It makes no sence how Kolb was a huge commodity a year ago, and everyone casts him off now. He can be serviceable for a year or two

You obviously, have never played the game. Fitzgerald and Manning are great players, but they cannot do everything by themselves. Put Manning Behring Arizonas line. He would be forced into retirement by injury.

Well, he did get beat out by John Skelton in training camp for the starter job last year. So there is that.

Well, he did get beat out by John Skelton in training camp for the starter job last year. So there is that.

An injury forced Skelton into the lineup. He had a decent game or two and caved on Kolb. They also caved back and put Kolb in as the started before he was hurt again. Like I said, no player will succeed with that current o line. They will draft one in the first round this year

An injury forced Skelton into the lineup. He had a decent game or two and caved on Kolb. They also caved back and put Kolb in as the started before he was hurt again. Like I said, no player will succeed with that current o line. They will draft one in the first round this year

The line may have sucked, but with both players healthy, during the OTAs and training camp and pre-season, Skelton beat Kolb out for the starter job. Now, granted, Ken Wisenhunt no longer has a job as coach, but Kolb lost his starter's job before the season started in a competition with Skelton.

The line may have sucked, but with both players healthy, during the OTAs and training camp and pre-season, Skelton beat Kolb out for the starter job. Now, granted, Ken Wisenhunt no longer has a job as coach, but Kolb lost his starter's job before the season started in a competition with Skelton.

maybe Skelton is better than we think. Who knows. They must like him, they did not drop him like Kolb. They probably think that they are similar, so cut the guy with the bigger contract. But I still think if he was in the right system, he can be good

Sign him. Buddy asleep? Russ is cheap! Im so done with this team! DOOMED!!!

I remember buddy saying a couple of years ago that Free Agency is just a stop gap to fill a need with marginal talent. That he didn't believe in overpaying etc..(except for Mario? right buddy...) Anyways some of the premier teams have picked up 7, 8, and 9 free agents, and except for the Daniel Snyder's Redskins overpaying many teams have faired well!!!

Buddy said a few years ago that when free agency began at midnight that he was already sound asleep, and didn't believe in losing sleep over free agency. The problem is the Bills had many holes prior to cutting Barnett and several other starters which created more holes. With only 6 picks and history reveals that the Bills will only hit on 1-3 of their selections...They can not adequately fill their roster with talented players and instead you wil see them sign several non-drafted rookies instead on the cheap!

This team also p's me off every year, and it's frustrating as they pass on players like Hali Nnata, Clay Matthews, Bryan Orakapo, etc...and for all the credit that Buddy gets for being a good talent evaluator, it makes me wonder. Yeah, I like C.J. Spiller, but they lack a 4th & goal back still....I didn't agree with the pick then and usually don't. I think the Bills wll mess it up once again as they

introduce the next J.P. Lossman, or Trent Edwards! M i s e r y.. :bag:

maybe Skelton is better than we think. Who knows. They must like him, they did not drop him like Kolb. They probably think that they are similar, so cut the guy with the bigger contract. But I still think if he was in the right system, he can be good

That may well be the case. If Kolb fits the system, man ya just gotta go do it. I'd be much more comfy with a FA pick up like this along with a rookie than just going rookie.

Look at Newton. If he were in this class and we had a shot at him we'd all be saying draft Cam. How has Carolina done with Cam? Not all that well. Let Geno slide IMO. Grab a FA, and draft a pocket passing rookie this year...and next.

jb

I don't think they like skelton as a starter. I would think they only seem him as competition for the number 2 role. They are going to draft a QB and have that QB battle it out with stanton for the starting spot would be my guess.

People on here that know my previous posts know that I have sources close with the team. The Bills are in fact very interested in Kolb.

I don't have sources close to the team. I read about it on NFL "around the league" at 2:28 pm today

Edit: oh, and Profootballtalk on CBS had a story at 1:45 pm today but I only saw it now.

Edited by Hopeful

Lets look at Rich Gannon for example. He really sucked and was kicked around so many teams for years,

Not true. He was excellent with the Chiefs, but they committed to Grbac.

Kolb was benched for John Skelton, when he was the high-priced player the Cards relied on.

Kolb/Jackson at QB. As I've been saying, you'll be missing Fitz.

Not true. He was excellent with the Chiefs, but they committed to Grbac.

So, when was Rich Gannon "excellent" with the Chiefs? He played there for 4 years. Barely even saw the field the first two. In the third year, he threw 175 passes with 7 tds and 4 ints. His last year, he started 10 games, went 5-5, threw 350 passes, 10TDs, 6 INT's.

That is how you define "excellent"?

Are there any insiders on this board anymore, that could tell us what they think? I posted last night asking about Nevergiveup and it was completely REMOVED.....not moved. What gives? Are we not allowed to ask about him anymore?

Any QB who manages to fall to the #41 pick is most likely not worth picking.

Agreed.

Signed,

Russel Wilson

Colin Kaepernick

Tom Brady

I guess you don't know the meaning of "most likely"......and btw, Kaepernick was picked #36 so I guess he would disagree.

Even though Wilson is still unproven after 1 season.....I'm happy for him to sign as "agreed". I'll even let you add Matt Schaub. :thumbsup:

Also....um....disagree.

(from the last 25 drafts)

Signed,

Brock Osweiler

Nick Foles

Kirk Cousins

Ryan Lindley

B.J. Coleman

Chandler Harnish

Ryan Mallett

Ricky Stanzi

T.J. Yates