Bills sign Manny Lawson

BRAWNDO

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this in the other thread, but Lawson is a tremendous cover linebacker. Won't generate a lot of sacks but he blankets TEs and slot WRs.

100% correct...That is his specialty...And the reason he does not show up as much on the stat sheet...He'll be a major contributor...Especially on 3rd Down...I really like this move...He's only 28...This is an area of massive need...No words can properly explain how bad The Bills need a LB who can cover TE's... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

This is the kind of move I was expecting & hoping for (assuming his price is reasonable). We don't need an infusion of star power, just solid NFL starters in positions where that is lacking.

last year he played on a one year, 2m deal

year before one year 3m

so it stands to reason in that ball park. i wouldnt be surprised to see 4 for 12-15m or so giving him some long term security and us a young player for a few years.

Edited by NoSaint

This isn't something to get super excited about, but it's a solid signing. Lawsom should get a shot to start and be a three-down guy here (which probably isn't a good thing), but it's something. More than we've had. I've always liked Lawson and wanted him two years ago. Let's hope we didn't overpay on the four-year deal.