Bills in full-on Tank mode

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a very real possibility is that we draft a Nassib, Manuel, or Wilson late in the first or early in the second, and then draft a top QB in the first round next year. You need two anyway. It wouldn't be a mistake to draft one high both years (unless of course the rookie this year plays lights out which is highly doubtful).

my only question is whats the league record for consecutive seasons without the playoffs

Didn't we set that record last year?? Now we're just rubbing it in their faces. Go Bills...lucky #14 years (ironically Fitz' jersey).....ohhhh snap! Another curse.

I think a very real possibility is that we draft a Nassib, Manuel, or Wilson late in the first or early in the second, and then draft a top QB in the first round next year. You need two anyway. It wouldn't be a mistake to draft one high both years (unless of course the rookie this year plays lights out which is highly doubtful).

Yes lets start collecting QB's i love it. The one i would take is EJ in the 2nd round. And of he blows up somehow we can just take Clowney next yr ot another QB

Id love to tank this season. IMO it's been what's holding us back for quite some time now. Good enough where we can't get a top notch draft pick, bad enough that we can't get to the playoffs. 8 and 8 forever with this team until something changes.

I don't see any players at QB worthy in this class to help is in the long term but what do I know.

I'd easily take a first and 2nd for Byrd. I think your way off on Kyle Williams. He's no better than the thought of Chris Kelsey IMO. He's got zero trade value in the league as well. Maybe a 3rd rounder but for that is rather just keep the guy than make another hole.

I agree, go young, very young from the start of the season. Treat this team like an expansion team, let the young kids learn and grow together and maybe next year when we get Manziel we can put it all onto the turn and have a winning season.

Regardless, ill still have my season ticks this year and still enjoying football on Sundays at the stadium instead of my TV.

Edited by mrags

No argument. They've laid their cards on the table, face up. My guess is they'll trade out of #8 and maybe more than once. At this point it aint making sense to get a contract done with Byrd if they're resolved to a total rebuild. How many games will they win? 3, maybe 4?

There's no way the Bills are drafting Nassib unless he falls to the fourth or fifth round. I think the Nassib rumors are complete BS which the Bills are no doubt using as a smokescreen for the real guy they want (Smith, Manuel or Scott). The media loves the Marone/Nassib marriage storyline and they're lazy when it comes to this organization. Perfect conditions for a smokescreen.

Yes let's all listen to the guy who loves Fitz irrationally and can't even spell Byrd's name correctly.

Believe me dude i hate Fitz, im glad he is gone now cause i promised myself not to watch another Bills gm till he was gone. On the Byrd front i just know we aint gonna sign him back might as we get a young player in return

There's no way the Bills are drafting Nassib unless he falls to the fourth or fifth round. I think the Nassib rumors are complete BS which the Bills are no doubt using as a smokescreen for the real guy they want (Smith, Manuel or Scott). The media loves the Marone/Nassib marriage storyline and they're lazy when it comes to this organization. Perfect conditions for a smokescreen.

And you know this how? :lol:

It may turn out that way, but do you truly believe you truly know what is in Doug Marrone and Nathan Hackett and Buddy Nix's head about how good or how bad they think Nassib is? I don't believe any of the stories coming out because I don't think anyone in the media knows what Marrone really thinks, and even if he does like him, he may not draft him or get a chance to draft him, or may like Wilson or Manuel more. We just don't know and I very much doubt you do.

I think that you are right. I get the sense that he is not the guy that they are targeting. The national media is just assuming that because of the obvious connection. I certainly don't see them picking him at 8 and I really don't think he is the guy if they wait until 41.

Id love to tank this season. IMO it's been what's holding us back for quite some time now. Good enough where we can't get a top notch draft pick, bad enough that we can't get to the playoffs. 8 and 8 forever with this team until something changes.

I don't see any players at QB worthy in this class to help is in the long term but what do I know.

I'd easily take a first and 2nd for Byrd. I think your way off on Kyle Williams. He's no better than the thought of Chris Kelsey IMO. He's got zero trade value in the league as well. Maybe a 3rd rounder but for that is rather just keep the guy than make another hole.

I agree, go young, very young from the start of the season. Treat this team like an expansion team, let the young kids learn and grow together and maybe next year when we get Manziel we can put it all onto the turn and have a winning season.

Regardless, ill still have my season ticks this year and still enjoying football on Sundays at the stadium instead of my TV.

I agree with almost everything u said except for the Kyle quote. I believe a team will pay 2nd rounder for him. He wi be to old or injured by the time we ate truly ready to compete.