• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

I wish I could say that and mean that.

Cut the bum

I'm counting on the new regime to have more sense than that..then they are stuck witht the cap hit this year and again next year

Exactly.

Facts----- Makes NO sense to cut Fitz...

No cap savings

No one better avalible

Why do so many people around here want to cut their noise off to spite themselves?

Because if Fitz ends up starting, what makes you think we gonna be better?

New Coach, new QB.

I like the idea of a pay cut because it can save cap money this year and make cutting him in the future easier on the cap. He would be competition at the position also.

IMO, David Garrard provides FAR better competition... At 35 he wrestled a job away from a starter, and a talented Rookie. Only thing that shut him down was an injury.

Fitz is a PRACTICE SQUAD QB. -And maybe not even that. I don't like the idea of our new-look defense scrimmaging against an immobile, inacurate, noodle-armed, bum. Just one more way this loser hurts the team.

Facts----- Makes NO sense to cut Fitz...

No cap savings

No one better avalible

Why do so many people around here want to cut their noise off to spite themselves?

You're just clueless. It makes sense as :

1- we eliminate him from the cap next year. If he stays with the current contract, he's due around 10 mill next year. If we cut him next year, we still have the 10 million dollar cap hit. If we cut him now, we are off the hook for the 10 mill next year. That's reason enough alone to keep a crappy QB.

2- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

3- we save Ralph 10 million dollars

4- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

5- maybe 10% of the Bills fan base like fitz. 90% of the fan base will get violently ill if he's kept. 10% of those 90% could very well die due to shock.

6- fritz still sucks.

7- it's time to move on. He's overstayed his welcome. He's proven that he has a weak arm, can't make all the throws and chokes in the clutch. We're better off with a rookie or tjack starting.

This week, correct me if I'm wrong but the Fitz is due his Roster Bonus of 3 million.

We shall find out if Fitz stays or goes.

Betting most if not all Season Ticket owners are watching this.

If they pay him, Fitz I think is for sure on the roster for this year. Interesting week with FA starting and this. Thoughts??

Every season ticket holder I know is watching. Since some of their seats are pricey and not in the rockpile.Even there I would watch before renewing. Who could get excited with Fritz starting for the bills this year? Anyone?

Regarding fritz. I'm far from interested in capology, have no links,but kind of remember reading here, that he is still owed 3 million in the outrageous guaranteed money Nix gave. So maybe the 3 mil bonus is a forgone expenditure, and meaningless as to if he survives the final cut and gets the rest.Keeping him for another year just postpones the cap pain to 2014. How him and nix are still employed shows it's business as usual with Brandon. New ownership is required for the bills to ever compete for the big dance.

You're just clueless. It makes sense as :

1- we eliminate him from the cap next year. If he stays with the current contract, he's due around 10 mill next year. If we cut him next year, we still have the 10 million dollar cap hit. If we cut him now, we are off the hook for the 10 mill next year. That's reason enough alone to keep a crappy QB.

2- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

3- we save Ralph 10 million dollars

4- fritz sucks. Paying crappy players 10 million dollars is bad business.

5- maybe 10% of the Bills fan base like fitz. 90% of the fan base will get violently ill if he's kept. 10% of those 90% could very well die due to shock.

6- fritz still sucks.

7- it's time to move on. He's overstayed his welcome. He's proven that he has a weak arm, can't make all the throws and chokes in the clutch. We're better off with a rookie or tjack starting.

Not exactly how I would put it, but can't argue with your point. It's true.

I don't want to do that at all.

I want to remove a gangrenous apendage that threatens the health of the entire body. AKA Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Did we really start a thread just to talk about this? Cannot we make a large Fitz thread, all things Fitz, his bonus, his contract, etc.

This week is going to get crazy threads, worse then ever... Mods, consider it???

Most importantly, it seems like these threads are always full of the same people bashing Fitz and border lining on campaigning and beating a dead horse.

Edited by jboyst62

Did we really start a thread just to talk about this? Cannot we make a large Fitz thread, all things Fitz, his bonus, his contract, etc.

This week is going to get crazy threads, worse then ever... Mods, consider it???

Most importantly, it seems like these threads are always full of the same people bashing Fitz and border lining on campaigning and beating a dead horse.

No I started this to talk just about his Bonus.

But you going to get bashing...just because we talking about Fitz.

I don't want to do that at all.

I want to remove a gangrenous apendage that threatens the health of the entire body. AKA Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I would like to say, with all the attacks on Fitz, I don't personally blame him for any of what has happened associated with him playing here. He is a true professional and He gives 100% to the team and has been good for the Buffalo area outside of football. I blame Nix and Gailey. Those guys should have known that Fitz was not good enough. They are supposed to be the football people making the football decisions.Why a quarternback was not drafted before is a mystery to me. Fitz was only doing what any competitor would do in his place. Try his best. Blame the football guys. I think Fitz is a good guy, and I wish him the best no matter what he goes on to do. I just hope it's not being the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills.

Technically a beard is not an appendage.

:lol:

That ratty, booger-infested, stalactite hanging off Fitz's face is no appendage, it's an extension of his inferiority. -That also explains why he gets suckier as the season wears on.

Because a Harvard grad would realise if he gets cut, he gets nothing. He would be smart to negotiate a pay cut if indeed they plan on cutting him, which I believe they will.And He is also smart enought o know there won't be a marketr for him as a starter. So it's backup money he's looking at if he gets cut. It would actually be dumb to be stubborn and force the Bills to cut him.

Nope. He got his money, and he'd be free to sign elsewhere, maybe in AZ where he lives. He'd be a huge upgrade there.

PTR

Marrone has already said there will be a competition. There is no cap savings to cut him. There is no QB worthy of the #8 pick. He will get his bonus or maybe restructure to give the team some cap relief but he won't give up the $10 million he is due. Maybe it will be paid differently but he is not dumb enough to give up that money.

He is the best QB we have right now and will be the starter.

There is no cap savings but there is $10M in actual cash savings that could be used elsewhere. I think he gets released.

Nope. He got his money, and he'd be free to sign elsewhere, maybe in AZ where he lives. He'd be a huge upgrade there.

PTR

Yes, if he gets cut, he gets nothing from the Bills this year. we all know he got money last year, if that's what you're talking about. Arizona will not pay him anything close to 10 million.

Yes, if he gets cut, he gets nothing from the Bills this year. we all know he got money last year, if that's what you're talking about. Arizona will not pay him anything close to 10 million.

He gets his guaranteed money which is $24 million.

Signed a seven-year, $62.195 million contract. The deal contains $24 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. An annual $200,000 workout bonus is available throughout the contract's life. 2013: $4.25 million (+ $3 million roster bonus due 3/13), 2014: $4.35 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: $7.2 million, 2016: $8.75 million, 2017: $9.45 million, 2018: Free Agent.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This week, correct me if I'm wrong but the Fitz is due his Roster Bonus of 3 million.

We shall find out if Fitz stays or goes.

Betting most if not all Season Ticket owners are watching this.

If they pay him, Fitz I think is for sure on the roster for this year. Interesting week with FA starting and this. Thoughts??

You're correct that 12 Mar is "bonus day", but did you try "search"? There weren't enough threads discussing this topic already?

Linky1

Linky2

Linky3

for three of the most recent

I disagree - I think the Bills may well pay Fitz his roster bonus and wind up cutting him before the season starts, if they draft a rookie who plays well in preseason (similar to Seattle except this time TJax stays).

There is no cap savings but there is $10M in actual cash savings that could be used elsewhere. I think he gets released.

$7.45 million in actual cash savings, actually, plus no further cap hit in 2014 ($6 or $7 million of dead money)

Edited by Hopeful

He gets his guaranteed money which is $24 million.

[/size]

PTR

He has already recieved 21 million of that guaranteed money, so he is likely to be cut if he does not take a pay cut. Actually they save about a half million if they cut him before the roster bonus, as opposed to keeping him. Then they would be done with him and any cap issues in the future.

Edited by first_and_ten