This Week Fitz 's roster Bonus due.

This week, correct me if I'm wrong but the Fitz is due his Roster Bonus of 3 million.

We shall find out if Fitz stays or goes.

Betting most if not all Season Ticket owners are watching this.

If they pay him, Fitz I think is for sure on the roster for this year. Interesting week with FA starting and this. Thoughts??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, correct me if I'm wrong but the Fitz is due his Roster Bonus of 3 million.

If they pay him, Fitz I think is for sure on the roster for this year. Interesting week with FA starting and this. Thoughts??

Who?

I would be surprised if the Bills give Fitz this roster bonus. The cards seem to say he's going to be cut. Personally I hope he takes a pay cut and stays. I'm not sure that will happen though. I don't see any team paying him anywhere close to what he is scheduled to be paid here. Matter of fact, I don't see him getting more than 2 million as a backup somewhere. If he takes a pay cut here, it would save alot of cap space and possibly make room for another quality free agent signing.

Edited by first_and_ten

I would be surprised if the Bills give Fitz this roster bonus. The cards seem to say he's going to be cut. Personally I hope he takes a pay cut and stays. I'm not sure that will happen though. I don't see any team paying him anywhere close to what he is scheduled to be paid here. Matter of fact, I don't see him getting more than 2 million as a backup somewhere. If he takes a pay cut here, it would save alot of cap space and possibly make room for another quality free agent signing.

I would be surprised if they did as well. It would also tell us for sure they get a QB early.

But what worries me they might pay him, which would make me throw up . :sick:

I would be surprised if they did as well. It would also tell us for sure they get a QB early.

But what worries me they might pay him, which would make me throw up . :sick:

I'm counting on the new regime to have more sense than that..then they are stuck witht the cap hit this year and again next year

Edited by first_and_ten

Marrone has already said there will be a competition. There is no cap savings to cut him. There is no QB worthy of the #8 pick. He will get his bonus or maybe restructure to give the team some cap relief but he won't give up the $10 million he is due. Maybe it will be paid differently but he is not dumb enough to give up that money.

He is the best QB we have right now and will be the starter.

Marrone has already said there will be a competition. There is no cap savings to cut him. There is no QB worthy of the #8 pick. He will get his bonus or maybe restructure to give the team some cap relief but he won't give up the $10 million he is due. Maybe it will be paid differently but he is not dumb enough to give up that money.

Season Ticket owners wont be happy and it will show in the stands. We know what Fitz is.

Granted he had some moments last yr. But I would rather see a rookie over Fitz at this point.

If they cut him, he doesn't get the money either, so it's in his best interest to accept a pay cut

question is ...why would a Harvard Grad take a pay cut, I wouldnt...seriously

Because a Harvard grad would realise if he gets cut, he gets nothing. He would be smart to negotiate a pay cut if indeed they plan on cutting him, which I believe they will.And He is also smart enought o know there won't be a marketr for him as a starter. So it's backup money he's looking at if he gets cut. It would actually be dumb to be stubborn and force the Bills to cut him.

Because a Harvard grad would realise if he gets cut, he gets nothing. He would be smart to negotiate a pay cut if indeed they plan on cutting him, which I believe they will.And He is also smart enought o know there won't be a marketr for him as a starter. So it's backup money he's looking at if he gets cut. It would actually be dumb to be stubborn and force the Bills to cut him.

Kinda hoping he stubborn so the Bill have to cut him . :thumbsup:

question is ...why would a Harvard Grad take a pay cut, I wouldnt...seriously

Because if he's not on the team he receives no money. It would be about finding a balance between what he is set to get now and what he could get on the open market.

If Buddy keeps this guy on the roster, I will despise him forever.

It will forever identify him as an ignorant, pig-headed, redneck, shmuck. If he pays Fitz 3 million frickin' dollars It will be the biggest mistake we've made since benching flutie in '99

CUT THE GUY. Take the cap hit this year so we can at least MOVE ON. Sometimes that's more important than money.

Agree completely and hopefully he's stuborn enough as is arm is below nfl average but his upstairs is better then average !

It will forever identify him as an ignorant, pig-headed, redneck, shmuck. If he pays Fitz 3 million frickin' dollars It will be the biggest mistake we've made since benching flutie in '99

CUT THE GUY. Take the cap hit this year so we can at least MOVE ON. Sometimes that's more important than money.

Yep

would you feel different if he restructures and takes less pay?

I like the idea of a pay cut because it can save cap money this year and make cutting him in the future easier on the cap. He would be competition at the position also.

*Sigh* It's true...

Let's hope that when god gave Fitz his brain he left out the horse-sense.