Anquan Boldin

He is now reconsidering playing another year as he will not take a pay cut at 6 mil a year and i know he's 32 but definately has a couple years left in him as we could sign him for 7.5 a year as he would be well worth it then draft two wr what do you think ?

He is now reconsidering playing another year as he will not take a pay cut at 6 mil a year and i know he's 32 but definately has a couple years left in him as we could sign him for 7.5 a year as he would be well worth it then draft two wr what do you think ?

Why? So he can come here and get paid for two years on a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback? That is not a winning formula. The Bills need a quarterback, and then they need young receivers to grow with the quarterback. What's the point bringing in a guy that can hopefully play two more good years? I say no. Sign players that can play for more than a couple years.

I think Boldin is one of the most underrated offensive players in the NFL, over the last 10-15 years...there were whispers that he was "done" going into last season, but he had a terrific year, and a great playoff. Who knows, it may have been heat of the moment, but right after the Super Bowl (aware that he may be cut because of his salary) Boldin is on record as saying if the Ravens cut him, he will retire. If he were to back off that threat, I don't see the Bills (with their QB situation) being at the top of a list of suitors that is sure to have four or five teams interested.

Boldin is one of my favorite players to watch, he is simply great. As another poster pointed out however, in a year or two he will likely hang it up and retire. If the Bills came up short in the playoffs last year it would be a no brainer, but he will retire before the Bills even sniff the playoffs. I am for the youth movement at receiver.

Why? So he can come here and get paid for two years on a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback? That is not a winning formula. The Bills need a quarterback, and then they need young receivers to grow with the quarterback. What's the point bringing in a guy that can hopefully play two more good years? I say no. Sign players that can play for more than a couple years.

This is exactly right. Their is a new regime and with it need to come players that grow within the system being implemented. This truly is the first year of the honest rebuild......

Why? So he can come here and get paid for two years on a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback? That is not a winning formula. The Bills need a quarterback, and then they need young receivers to grow with the quarterback.....

He's a great solid possession guy.....some sure hands to help a rookie QB grow his confidence with over his first couple of years in the league.

SJ will still be young enough to see him through mid term.

The problem with getting a young receiver is that you must also rely upon them becoming first rate NFL WRs.....if they don't manage to do that(most don't)....then the whole "grow with the QB" becomes counter productive.

He said that he will retire if he cannot stay with the Ravens

Championship contenders would be willing to RENT him for a year or two. Teams that are wannabees ( the bills) would actually regress by making a move like that. That cap space would be better utilized signing a viable player or two entering their prime.

Championship contenders would be willing to RENT him for a year or two. Teams that are wannabees ( the bills) would actually regress by making a move like that. That cap space would be better utilized signing a viable player or two entering their prime.

Well that sums it ip perfectly. Well put Doc.