Anquan Boldin

He is now reconsidering playing another year as he will not take a pay cut at 6 mil a year and i know he's 32 but definately has a couple years left in him as we could sign him for 7.5 a year as he would be well worth it then draft two wr what do you think ?

I would love to see Boldin with the Bills. He has some family in Geneva that I have known for many years, going back to his recruitment when he made the mistake of choosing Florida State over Miami. Always a great competitor.

The problem is that a lot of what he brings to the table is duplicated by Stevie Johnson. The gains are the same, the only difference is that SJ gets himself open enough to make a catch and get tackled and Boldin just makes the same type of play when he is covered. If you line up SJ and Boldin you may have the slowest 1-2 punch in the league. The Bills lack a guy to take the top off the D and create room for two posession wide outs.

And beside that, I can't really see anyone paying him more than the $6M he is due. I really don't understand all these veterans ending up as free agents this offseason when they know there isn't the cap space to pay them the money they want on 1-2 year deals.

Agree as Tj is the speedster on the team even tho I'd prefer Wallace but knowing that 11 or 12 million is too much but thinking on drafting one early would help solidfy are core as i see us going defense when free agency starts and having boldin who is durable as they come and could help us move the chains as having two chain movers is better then one !

Edited by NFLBighits

I think Boldin is one of the most underrated offensive players in the NFL, over the last 10-15 years...there were whispers that he was "done" going into last season, but he had a terrific year, and a great playoff. Who knows, it may have been heat of the moment, but right after the Super Bowl (aware that he may be cut because of his salary) Boldin is on record as saying if the Ravens cut him, he will retire. If he were to back off that threat, I don't see the Bills (with their QB situation) being at the top of a list of suitors that is sure to have four or five teams interested.

This about says it all....

6 million dollar paycut is what Boldin takes if he`s cut. I seriously doubt the Ravens asked him to play his final year for free. More likely it was 3 million dollar paycut or less.

I think it's 3 million but he has a Superbowl under his belt 2nd he will not take a cut as this is about money and family first so i think he will play two more years and where ever he gets the most money is where he will be ! Edited by NFLBighits