Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: I'm better at life than you

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I find it refreshing someone is getting into revis face too, and shining a more critical light on his status. He was heavily hyped up by Ryan, he's quite pompous (matter of factly stating he's the best player on the team), and either holding out or threatening to hold out over his contract frequently.

Yes, there isn't enough idiocy going around in sports today...so very refreshing! What better way to bring to light the pompousness of a pompous player, by being more pompous :rolleyes:

Sherman is right. But most everyone is better than life than Skip Bayless so its not much of an accomplishment. I like how Bayless claims he's moved further ahead in media. Being the national punchline of ESPN does not make you a hero...

You know, for such a douche (and believe me, I think Bayless is a douche), Bayless has had a pretty long, notable career being a douche. He has to do very little to maintiain his status in this arena...doesn't have to go to training camp, or anything like that. And, I would guess he is pretty well paid to be a douche. One can turn a career as a douche into a lifelong career...how long has Sherman got to be a great (he says) football player?

What better way to bring to light the pompousness of a pompous player, by being more pompous :rolleyes:

You can spin it that way and I know you're being sarcastic, but at its core what you wrote is true. The media sometimes just puts a halo on a guy and doesn't give others their due. Bruce Smith had to do the same thing in the early 90's when the media (especially that blowhard madden) kept yapping about Reggie white, and paid almost no mind to Smith.

Bayless is a monument of just how ratings hungry the networks are. Bayless.... there he was...trying to manufacture reality TV, because he's not smart enough to conduct a meaningful intelligent interview. Hats off to the thug for putting that worm in his place. The world needs more of this. Mainstream media = Bull-dung.

jb

Bayless is a monument of just how ratings hungry the networks are. Bayless.... there he was...trying to manufacture reality TV, because he's not smart enough to conduct a meaningful intelligent interview. Hats off to the thug for putting that worm in his place. The world needs more of this. Mainstream media = Bull-dung.

jb

Just curious why you called Sherman a thug? I think he came across as a douche but I see zero reason why he is a thug.

wow. that was very uncomfortable to watch. two grown, very successful men having a verbal catfight on television. and apparently the high road was nowhere to be found.

Pretty sad.

I never liked Bayless and I'd be lying if I didn't take some amusement out of this incident but Sherman did not acquit himself very well at all.

Sherman said nothing of substance and in this case, showed an inability to engage in anything resembling an intelligent conversation. To Bayless' credit he continued to hold the door open for Sherman.

Sherman tried projecting a rational calm but he was being civilly belligerent and low brow at the core of his behavior. Also Sherman made claims and accusations without basis.

"I'm better at life than you are?" No one who is truly accomplished at life would ever utter that to another human being.

Bayless to his credit brought up several credible points in attempting to steer the conversation back on course but Sherman was too miffed by Bayless' pre-interview comments thus his ad hominem attack.

I guess the one conclusion we can draw right now is that Bayless is a bit older and wiser and Sherman needs to grow up a bit.

The show is based on making outrageous statements and arguing ad nauseum. I'm certain the producers hyped Sherman up and massaged his ego to get the best argument possible. Skip Bayless is the Jerry Springer of the sports talk world, his stock can't fall any lower. Only Sherman's stock could have possibly take a hit.

In Shermans defense he did graduate from Stanford and achieved All Pro status in his second season. Those words speak pretty loud.

In Bayless's life, he did graduate from Vanderbilt and achieved "annoying little pissant status" in his second season as a sports "journalist." Though he was a "starter" on his HS basketball team, though many people dispute that!

The show is based on making outrageous statements and arguing ad nauseum. I'm certain the producers hyped Sherman up and massaged his ego to get the best argument possible. Skip Bayless is the Jerry Springer of the sports talk world, his stock can't fall any lower. Only Sherman's stock could have possibly take a hit.

Good points.

The interview was rather disconcerting. Mostly because Skip Bayless was on the defensive, and that's not really when he's at his best. Skip Bayless's best is this! Now, you might point out that there's nothing in that "best" which contains rational football analysis. And you'd be right. But "analytic thought" isn't why one watches Skip Bayless, any more than it's why one acquires a pet dog. Both the dog and Skip are justified by their enthusiasm, not by their cerebral capacity.

I can't say I pay a ton of attention to the Seahawks...but my impression of Richard Sherman, after one month of an off-season is that he is just another big-mouth jerk...talented, no doubt, but a jerk...I don't like jerks...Bayless old school jerk...Richard Sherman, welcome to the club.

agreed

I find watching 3 bloated egos yakking at each other tedious. Let your work speak for itself. Smith and Bayless are annoying talking heads. Sherman is good but feels the need to self promote since he is playing NFL Siberia aka Seattle.

You know, for such a douche (and believe me, I think Bayless is a douche), Bayless has had a pretty long, notable career being a douche. He has to do very little to maintiain his status in this arena...doesn't have to go to training camp, or anything like that. And, I would guess he is pretty well paid to be a douche. One can turn a career as a douche into a lifelong career...how long has Sherman got to be a great (he says) football player?

Very funny and spot on.