Bills In New Orleans 2013

aussiew

Got my flights last night. There was an itinerary with Southwest for $305 (Friday to Monday) from Rochester but the flight out didn't get in to after 9PM. I wanted to arrive earlier so I bit the bullet and spent the extra $70 for a morning departure.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Diane for your usual hard work. We are coming in on Thursday and coming back on Tuesday. We had already booked our rooms at the Hotel St Marie (1/2 block from Bourbon Street on Toulouse St) and got our tickets through www.vividseats.com. We are in terrace section 607, row 20 on the Bills side. The tickets were just shy of $100 with fees as we needed to purchase 8. Southwest has a airfare sale going on and we booked flights from Orange County, CA to NO for $424 roundtrip. Posting this for information purposes only. Looking forward to a great time and seeing everyone on Bourbon Street.

$424, not bad at all for a RT flight from OC to the Big Easy. I will be leaving OC as well, getting there on Friday and flying back on Monday. Booked my room at the 4 points Sheraton right on Bourbon St....balcony over looking all the fun.

What did the Sheraton charge you for their balcony room on Bourbon?

What did the Sheraton charge you for their balcony room on Bourbon?

A lot!! I booked it the moment the schedule came out....they charged me $331.00 per night, which was their AAA rate.

Booked flights within minutes o schedule release. My flight free on rapid rewards points, wife's was $295 RT. We leave cbus that Friday at 710 am land in NOLA @ 925 local time. Head back home Monday at 5:55 pm local time. Staying at the staybridge suites a few min away from the quarter. Free room with priority club points, guess heavy work travel has a few perks! Working on tickets now we have a pretty big group overall that seems to keep growing so will probably end up in one of the upper corners. Looks like it should be a great weekend can't wait! Hope to run into lots of Bills fans down there and looks like that wont be a problem!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MVJim

Southwest has air sale for 3 more days. I lowered my fare from Orange County CA to NO to $352 roundtrip from $424. For my wife & I that was a $144 credit. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be driving over from Pensacola on Friday and staying somewhere near boubon Can't remember where right now. Bought 2 tix from a seasons ticket holder $200 each but at least I'll be close enough for my old eyes to see the game. Staying till Monday if my liver holds out.

UPDATE : Just changed my Hotel to the HI Chateau on Rue Dauphin. I was at the Hilton Garden Inn but saved $150 over the three days thanks to Aussie.

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Art in RTP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
name='JÂy RÛßeÒ' timestamp='1376420571' post='2868930']

Their description, not mine :)

No prob - it's still pretty cool to check out and a great event to attend, just making sure folks know its a few rungs down the ladder from Mardi gras parades (and its not always a bad thing)

Just a heads up, NEw Orleans restaurants take reservations way in advance, and most are available now on Open Table. Couchon and Boucherie you need to contact them directly though, and I would do so immediately if you want to eat at one of them.

I am excited we have all that done two months before getting there, including 9 am brunch game day at Luke's. be done by 10 30 to take in the game day experience in Champions Square..or where ever the Bills tailgate be .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder that the hotels' reservation deadline is TOMORROW, Wed. Sept. 25. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/156196-bills-in-new-orleans-2013/page__st__20?do=findComment&comment=2792034

I actually have no idea if there are still rooms or anything, but if anyone has any updates maybe they can chime in. I booked for the Best Western with no problem last week.

Edited by Cereal

OH ****! Tropical Storm Karen poised to go over top of New Orleans. Tropical Storm Warning/Hurricane Watch is in effect.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Bwahhh ahhh ahhh.... First Katrina, now Karen. Someone doesn't want Bills fans in New Orleans.

Bwahhh ahhh ahhh.... First Katrina, now Karen. Someone doesn't want Bills fans in New Orleans.

This one wont be too bad. I just went to the store and there was still tons of batteries, water, etc... Last year (Isaac) was much more threatening. This one will just bring a little wind and a good deal of rain. I just hope the power isn't out long.

This one wont be too bad. I just went to the store and there was still tons of batteries, water, etc... Last year (Isaac) was much more threatening. This one will just bring a little wind and a good deal of rain. I just hope the power isn't out long.

Batten down the hatches!

I am calling TOMORROW to cancel my Sunday night stay at the Best Western St. Christopher (decided to only stay downtown Saturday night). If it benefits any of you to snag that room, let me know soon and we can work something out!

Go Bills!

Edit: Thanks Diane and NOLA Backers for organizing! Looks to be a great weekend.

Edited by Cereal

I am calling TOMORROW to cancel my Sunday night stay at the Best Western St. Christopher (decided to only stay downtown Saturday night). If it benefits any of you to snag that room, let me know soon and we can work something out!

Go Bills!

Edit: Thanks Diane and NOLA Backers for organizing! Looks to be a great weekend.

Being ready to catch my airport shuttle at 4AM Monday morning is gonna suck big time that's for sure