Anybody relocated to a new part of the country

Helpmenow

Just wondering here. I relocated from the charlotte area to southern NJ after a job loss. Were renting a house as opposed to owning here. This area makes WNY look cheap. Friends and family still live in WNY. We moved here not knowing the region after selling our home.

3 years ago from richmond to philly western burbs...i am renting a non-descript 2 br apt in a small complex, paying a lot, but i also get paid more than i was in richmond...and btw have loved living here...much to my surprise

Just wondering here. I relocated from the charlotte area to southern NJ after a job loss. Were renting a house as opposed to owning here. This area makes WNY look cheap. Friends and family still live in WNY. We moved here not knowing the region after selling our home.

Moved from BUF to N VA.-stayed 8 years. N VA to Seattle-stayed 2 years. Seattle to Chicago-stayed 1.5 years. Chicago to Houston-stayed 6 years. Houston back to Seattle-stayed17 years. "Retired" (CH11) and moved from Seattle to Williamsburg VA-stayed 15 months. Williamsburg to Chester VA. That's where I am now. Not crazy about the Richmond area but couldn't sell my house without losing a lot. I work in Richmond and it was a 50 mile drive each way to Williamsburg. 9 years ago I told my wife that we couldn't afford the gas for that drive, 5 days a week. Oh yeah...gas eas $1.60 a gallon then!

All of that was mostly to keep a job. Worked for the same Company for 35 years till they went CH11. I'm now 9 years into a "2nd career" and consider myself lucky to have found it. I'll never have a house fully paid for but that's the breaks I guess.

If you don't like NJ, you're smart to not buy anything because at the first light, you will be gone. When that day comes, and it will come, you won't have the problem of dumping a house. Moves and new jobs are enough stress without dealing with Realtors from out of town locations.

where in Chester? My ex-wife lives off Harrowgate not too far from Carver Middle School

Moved from BUF to N VA.-stayed 8 years. N VA to Seattle-stayed 2 years. Seattle to Chicago-stayed 1.5 years. Chicago to Houston-stayed 6 years. Houston back to Seattle-stayed17 years. "Retired" (CH11) and moved from Seattle to Williamsburg VA-stayed 15 months. Williamsburg to Chester VA. That's where I am now. Not crazy about the Richmond area but couldn't sell my house without losing a lot. I work in Richmond and it was a 50 mile drive each way to Williamsburg. 9 years ago I told my wife that we couldn't afford the gas for that drive, 5 days a week. Oh yeah...gas eas $1.60 a gallon then!

All of that was mostly to keep a job. Worked for the same Company for 35 years till they went CH11. I'm now 9 years into a "2nd career" and consider myself lucky to have found it. I'll never have a house fully paid for but that's the breaks I guess.

If you don't like NJ, you're smart to not buy anything because at the first light, you will be gone. When that day comes, and it will come, you won't have the problem of dumping a house. Moves and new jobs are enough stress without dealing with Realtors from out of town locations.

where in Chester? My ex-wife lives off Harrowgate not too far from Carver Middle School

Poojer, I just messaged you about this topic if you could please take a look.

Almost 30 years ago moved from WNY to TX, about 20 years moved from TX to NC, 10 yrs ago moved from NC to OH. What questions do you have?

. Relocating to a place where you don't know anybody

I moved from WNY to crap hole suburbia white collar jagoff NWOH. Then to hick, marry your cousin in the woodshed North Carolina. I knew everyone here, or at least enough people to not want to know anymore.

Do I win?