Aaron Williams on his way to Buffalo

Not sure if it is of interest, or anything worth noting. Aaron Williams tweeted that he was on his way to Buffalo, and going to meet the coaching staff. I would have posted tweet, but I could not figure out how to post just that one. Anyway there wasn't a lot more info. Maybe he was called in? Maybe he is going just because he wants to meet the staff. Guess we shall find out soon.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone: "Hi Nice to meet you! Now-Get your **** outta the locker and get the f' outta here"...Another reason why Buddy Nix has no business being employed at One Bills Drive. B-U-S-T.

I am still not convinced he is a bust. Maybe a different scheme or different position would work better. He is still really young.

Marrone: "Hi Nice to meet you! Now-Get your **** outta the locker and get the f' outta here"...Another reason why Buddy Nix has no business being employed at One Bills Drive. B-U-S-T.

There is nothing better than calling a guy after 2 years a bust. Eric Moulds was a bust after 2 years. So was Spiller. So was Stevie Johnson (7th rounder but still). The list goes on and on.

He may well be a bust but I never got why people have such hard ons to be the first ones to call players busts.

I am still not convinced he is a bust. Maybe a different scheme or different position would work better. He is still really young.

buffalobillsgirl- you are too new here, I guess, to realize that we give our players approx half a season before we start lighting the torches..one season, and it is pitchforks...they are full on busts...never mind that pretty much every player on the Bills defense struggles miserably last year (more than normal)...it is all on Aaron Williams. :rolleyes:

buffalobillsgirl- you are too new here, I guess, to realize that we give our players approx half a season before we start lighting the torches..one season, and it is pitchforks...they are full on busts...never mind that pretty much every player on the Bills defense struggles miserably last year (more than normal)...it is all on Aaron Williams. :rolleyes:

and Nick Barnett, and Shawn Merriman, and George Wilson... the FA list/waiver wire says differently!!!

There is nothing better than calling a guy after 2 years a bust. Eric Moulds was a bust after 2 years. So was Spiller. So was Stevie Johnson (7th rounder but still). The list goes on and on.

He may well be a bust but I never got why people have such hard ons to be the first ones to call players busts.

I have no position on Aaron Wms until he plays under a good scheme. But you can't compare him to Moulds or Spiller. Williams played way more than Spiller and especially Moulds. He does have an NFL Body of work and it's not very good. The others were still pretty much unknowns until their 3rd years.

But it's early to call him a bust.

and Nick Barnett, and Shawn Merriman, and George Wilson... the FA list/waiver wire says differently!!!

I simply meant, it may be a little too early to be writing off a second round draft pick after one disasterous season where absolutely nobody had a good year...it takes 11 guys..one struggles, it has a ripple effect. Aaron Williams may end up a bust, but Bills fans, in general, have become extra-pricky when it comes to evaluating draft picks...I get it, 12 years of miserable football will do that...but Aaron Williams wasn't here for most of that...these coaches weren't here for any of it...why can't we give the kid a chance?

I simply meant, it may be a little too early to be writing off a second round draft pick after one disasterous season where absolutely nobody had a good year...it takes 11 guys..one struggles, it has a ripple effect. Aaron Williams may end up a bust, but Bills fans, in general, have become extra-pricky when it comes to evaluating draft picks...I get it, 12 years of miserable football will do that...but Aaron Williams wasn't here for most of that...these coaches weren't here for any of it...why can't we give the kid a chance?

not to mention his rookie season was in the middle of a lockout. Nothing went the way it normally does that year.

I have no position on Aaron Wms until he plays under a good scheme. But you can't compare him to Moulds or Spiller. Williams played way more than Spiller and especially Moulds. He does have an NFL Body of work and it's not very good. The others were still pretty much unknowns until their 3rd years.

And, general football perception is that cornerback is almost as difficult a position to master in the NFL as Quarterback. Williams played more than all those guys, but his mistakes are magnified by the position he plays. If Williams is having a bad day, or has a bad mathcup, QBs' will (and did) go after him. It is not quite the same for a running back or wide receiver. If they don't see the ball as much, their weakness aren't exposed as much. Playing an offensive skill position and a defensive position are very different.

Fair enough but my point is everyone wants to be the first to declare a player a bust. I thought Williams played fairly well as rookie and struggled a ton as a 2nd year player. He also played a ton of man to man on a team that's pass rush wasn't as good as most thought it would be.

Cornerback might be the most physically difficult position to play in football with the rules the way they are. And confidence is a huge factor and Williams lost his early last year. But in a passing league, you never give up on corners too early. Carlos Rogers was a bust in Washington and now is a pro bowler for SF.

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23

Hittin B-Lo real quick. Dang I'm not tryna be in this weather, but get a chance to chop it up with the new coaches #billsmafia

He is dogging the weather. Cut that punk NOW!!! :death:

I do agree with you...But in defense of those calling AW a bust...He has been exceptionally bad in comparison...I mean...He has got toasted more than a box of pop tarts... ;)

I do agree with you...But in defense of those calling AW a bust...He has been exceptionally bad in comparison...I mean...He has got toasted more than a box of pop tarts... ;)

Oh, he was awful but he also had no confidence. Look at McKelvin. When he makes plays on STs, he plays better as a corner. As a corner, you are going to get beat and look awful on some plays. It's a given that happens to the best corners. But it's all about confidence and the ability to bounce back. And Williams didn't have that. Hopefully, he will get some by next year.