Pats not going to use tag on welker

mead107

I rather sign danny amendola for more years and for less money....younger and faster...a upincoming welker clone

I would prefer that too, but that guy just can't seem to stay healthy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People say no to a guy that has destroyed defenses for years despite them knowing exactly whats coming

I think he goes into the I wouldn't be upset if we did.........but he isn't really the type of WR we need category. I wouldn't want them to give him a huge multi year contract either....that would upset me

Personally I would pass........we have WRs like him......what we don't have is a big fast outside WR and welker isn't that

we don't have anybody even close to Welkers shiftiness or abilities. His only downside is age and past injuries.

if Patterson is the real deal that would be awesome

Patterson is the real deal but he is very raw and need to work on his hands but his explosiveness and size would ideal for what we need.

we don't have anybody even close to Welkers shiftiness or abilities. His only downside is age and past injuries.

Patterson is the real deal but he is very raw and need to work on his hands but his explosiveness and size would ideal for what we need.

Actually I think we do.........he is a slot receiver I think putting stevie in the slot he could be better than welker..............if we get a great consistant QB......we need a big physical outside receiver and welker is not that

Thanks you about Amendola.

He's become very popular here over the last little while but few of his proponents bother to mention that he's only played in 12 games combined (1 + 11) over the last two years.

It would be a big gamble giving big money to a guy who seemingly can't stay healthy.

well.....if your sticking with Fitzpatrick.......then Welker is EXACTLY the kind of receiver you need.

Fitzpatrick is not accurate enough for Welker. Part of Welker's success is getting the ball where he needs it either in stride or where he can make a quick move and get upfield. Fitzpatrick is not good at that. Paying a lot for old beat up Welker when the Patriots don't want him is a bad idea.

Edited by Pondslider

I don't think we have the cash to do it.

What makes you think they don't have the cash to do it?

Not saying they should but Bills have plenty of space under the cap and can always create more

Edited by Max997

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2964/wes-welker

Stats seem to indicate that in 9 years of being in the league, he's missed a grand total of 5 games. If he is continually injured like people seem to think, then please send more of this type of oft-injured player to the Bills.

http://www.rotoworld...2964/wes-welker

Stats seem to indicate that in 9 years of being in the league, he's missed a grand total of 5 games. If he is continually injured like people seem to think, then please send more of this type of oft-injured player to the Bills.

dhg was talking about Amendola, not Welker.

That's why I seconded him about Amendola playing in only 12 games over the past two years.

What makes you think they don't have the cash to do it?

Not saying they should but Bills have plenty of space under the cap and can always create more

After signing Byrd, Levitre and our draft picks - not sure there is sufficient cap space to spend $9-10 million on Welker. The article I read (refer to the Stadium Wall) said we might have some room left on cap money but why blow your wad on one guy when you could conceivably get 2 or 3 at a position of greater need (LB or safety)