Will Bills have a poor record in 2013 ?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the 1980s, those are mediocre numbers. Especially when you consider they come at the cost of producing turnovers at a rate worse than any player in the NFL not named Sanchez.

And yet those no one until Fitz could reach those "mediocre" numbers. I suppose giving up near record yards and points on defense is just peachy in the 21st century?

PS...I don't expect Fitz to start in 2013. 50/50 he's even on the roster.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Right...Because a winless Bills team, Drafting #1 overall, would pass on McCarron, Bridgewater, and possibly Manziel (if he comes out)...All 3 of which would probably go before Geno Smith in THIS Draft (and I like Geno Smith)...In order to take a DE...

Right... :thumbsup:

McCarron can stay with Ms. Alabama - he's a good QB on a great team, Bridgewater is solid but no Clowney level of dominance & Manziel is a great college QB, but due to his playing style, height & suspect arm, I'd venture to say he'll be a slighlty better version of Colt McCoy & lesser version of Drew Brees.

Your logic is like not taking Bruce Smith in 1985. You take the players who have HOF potential that were dominant in college.

Edited by BigCountryBills

Paupmvp is correct 8 and 8. Jets twice, Mia twice, KC,Cleve, Ten and Jack are wins. Throw in one or two special wins and were 10 and 6. I really believe Fitz can win in this league and he has shown signs of that. Alot of people on this have a bad additude about our team. Give our new leaders a chance and they might surprise you. The majority of teams are equal in talent. We can pull this off.

If Marrone doesn't succeed right out of the gate, half the board will hang the last 13 years around his neck.

He wasn't the o cordinator at New Orleans, just a figurehead. Sean Payton ran the O with the Saints.

Correct. So what does that add to the Marrone O coordinator input, using a college O coordinator.

Just asking, as I certainly don't know of any credentials that says he is an offensive guru capable to tutoring a rookie O coordinator.

The O may take a step back in any event.

:mellow:

I think Buddy's wings have been clipped. So we should be drafting better. The defense should be more aggressive. I can see a 500 season next year.

I hope so, but Russ Brandon said the changes did not effect Nix authority or power. He also was adamant that the team had MUCH more talent on it than

three years ago. We will see how good the D is with a real D coordinator who knows what he's doing. I have high hopes for this D.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

I don't buy that the defense is as bad as their stats showed last year.

The reason I believe this is because I do believe that Wannstedt was way over his head last year.

It's likely to me that the simple replacing of Wanny with Pettine will make a huge difference.

I expect the defense to be at least as good as it was during the Jauron years, middle of the road or so.

Good heaven's, WE STUNK.

IMWO, it was mostly Wanny. However, some of it was D playing unispired, flat-footed, hopeless, and disinterested football.

Glad he's gone... Also, VERY impressed at how quickly Pettine seems to be fleeing the scene. To his credit, he's been driving the sumbitch like he STOLE IT for the past week. -Me likey... Me likey a WHOLE LOT... Heck, me wanna see alot more next week.

That's enough Spanish for today, I think. I feel pretty content. -Wish our offense was moving with the same level of confidence, tho.

Edited by #34fan

And yet those no one until Fitz could reach those "mediocre" numbers. I suppose giving up near record yards and points on defense is just peachy in the 21st century?

PS...I don't expect Fitz to start in 2013. 50/50 he's even on the roster.

PTR

Fitz being on the roster totally depends on a renegotiation of his contract. No renegotiation, he gets cut. Period

1. Either the same lousy QBs as last year or a rookie who is picked by Buddy.

2. Brand new systems on offense and defense.

3. A youth movement/rebuild on defense, with the vet leaders being purged.

4. Harder schedule.

5. Not a single linebacker on the roster (try naming another team that can claim that distinguished honor -and we've had it for years).

We will be competing for Clowney/Johnny Football.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Don't really have much cap space for any big name free agents. QB is still a complete, total and utter disaster. As long as they do not have even a competent starting QB, they just will not win. Full speed ahead tank mode for 2013. 2-14. Draft the franchise QB first overall in 2014 has to be (and should be) the plan.

Our defense was among the worst in the league in stopping the run and stopping the pass but our QB is our biggest problem? You people need to to wake up.

You did see how many points Defenses that were 100 times better than The Bills Defense gave up to Franchise caliber QB's in the Playoffs right? You witnessed that...Did you not?

Until The Bills actually have a QB, it's the biggest need...And there is not even a close 2nd...Period...End of story... B-)

McCarron can stay with Ms. Alabama - he's a good QB on a great team, Bridgewater is solid but no Clowney level of dominance & Manziel is a great college QB, but due to his playing style, height & suspect arm, I'd venture to say he'll be a slighlty better version of Colt McCoy & lesser version of Drew Brees.

Your logic is like not taking Bruce Smith in 1985. You take the players who have HOF potential that were dominant in college.

No...That's not my logic at all...But thanks for telling me what I'm thinking... :thumbsup:

My logic is simple...1st...The conversation started with the premise that The Bills go 0-16 in 2013...So I'm assuming, if that were to happen, they still have major QB problems going in to the 2014 Draft...So in this hypothetical situation The Bills still need a Franchise caliber QB, and they better plan on continuing to try to get one...And in a Draft like 2014 should be (I said should not will), one of those-type QB's figures to be available at #1 overall...And honestly I don't care if Clowney is the next Bruce (which...at this point lets face it, anyone can doubt he will be)...I'd still take a true Franchise QB prospect for this organization, at this hypothetical time of history, over the DE...

The 1st QB taken in 85 was Bernie Kosar...At #29 Overall...It was a completely different-type Draft...There is a very good chance that 2 out of those 3 QB's (Manziel, McCarron, and Bridgewater) will be rated in the Top 5 in 2014...And look, I like Clowney...Who wouldn't? But comparing him to Bruce at this point?...And putting a Colt McCoy comparison in the same sentence as Manziel is making me question why I'm even arguing this point with you...Come on...Be serious...You have actually seen Manziel play right? And McCarron can stay with Mrs Alabama? That's a decent football point...What exactly is it about McCarron's play, and leadership, that you don't like for The Buffalo Bills? Are you kidding me? I won't even doubt that Clowney may very well be the #1 overall prospect in 2014...That is quite possible...But he's not a QB...Who would you rather have, Aldon Smith, or Colin Kaepernick, if you're trying to build an NFL Championship Team and you don't have a Franchise caliber QB?...And you said it yourself...HOF potential and dominate in College...So...Who won the Heisman again? How many National Championships does McCarron have? I think all 3 of those QB's fit that criteria every bit as well as Clowney without taking anything away from Clowney and his immense potential...

So in summary, my logic is...If The Bills finish 0-16 in 2013, and they still don't have a QB going in to the 2014 Draft, they damn well better come away with one of those 3 QB's...Clowney, or no Clowney...That's my logic... B-)

Yes

OR

No

Can't we at least wait to see who is on the team before predicting doom and gloom?

with our QBs, No.

I hope we are closer to the 2 end of it. Not sure if Johnny Football will be eligible next season but drafting him would be nice.

Yes he is eligible.

Nix inherited a complete mess. He has not addressed the qb but he has rebuilt the o line , added a stud running back and has started to put the pieces in place for the defense.

really? in 3 years he could only build an O-line, we already had a stud running back and has drafted poorly every year. :thumbdown:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No because Matt Barkley or Geno Smith is gonna come in here and LIGHT IT UP! Get er dun Heavy dose of Spiller, Use 2nd rounder on WR and it's ON LIKE A MOFO.

yep, right into the top pick next year :thumbsup:

0-16 & Clowney comes to Buffalo.

why would you want a DE over a real Franchise QB?

Would you take Bruce over Kelly? I don't think so. without a Great QB no team can win. a DE is just another guy. JJ Watt so far is better than Bruce but is unlikely to win many superbowls with Shaub at QB.

why would you want a DE over a real Franchise QB?

Would you take Bruce over Kelly? I don't think so. without a Great QB no team can win. a DE is just another guy. JJ Watt so far is better than Bruce but is unlikely to win many superbowls with Shaub at QB.

Rome wasn't built in a day... It took HOU a while to turn into to what they are now. They focused on building their D through the draft with spectacular results..

Btw, I think you're 100% right about Shaub. However, HOU still won 11 games... Shucks, I'd love for us to reach that benchmark.

Being just ONE player away from a superbowl appearance ain't a bad place to be. -I'm thinking if we take advantage of this defensive draft class, that might be us on the doorstep next year.