Drew Stanton

Jaysports36

Is drew an option for QB? He has never really gotten a chance, infact he has gotten the shaft pretty much every where because of politics and not football....I like Drew, and he would at least be as good as Fitz at least there is some potential there.....having a stop gap to hold the spot till a rookie this year or next is ready is only a bad thing if Fitz is that stop gap.

I think Drew Stanton would be an excellent pick up, maybe not as the starter if we draft someone the coaches love. He could be a great backup but could possibly be a good starter given the chance. The guy doesent have many mile son him and he has a hell of a gun. Its worth a try to get him.

Is drew an option for QB? He has never really gotten a chance, infact he has gotten the shaft pretty much every where because of politics and not football....I like Drew, and he would at least be as good as Fitz at least there is some potential there.....having a stop gap to hold the spot till a rookie this year or next is ready is only a bad thing if Fitz is that stop gap.

we need a better stop gap than that.

we need a better stop gap than that.

To do what? Go 6-10 and draft #8 overall? Get a really good QB or get a stop gap. I hate to say it, but I'm at the point where I'd be happy having the worst record in the league and drafting the best QB available next year. EVERY option this year is a stop gap IMO. Lets get the stop gap that gives us the best chance to get a great QB. Sometimes you have to suck REAL bad in order to get back to the top. Sad....but true

To do what? Go 6-10 and draft #8 overall? Get a really good QB or get a stop gap. I hate to say it, but I'm at the point where I'd be happy having the worst record in the league and drafting the best QB available next year. EVERY option this year is a stop gap IMO. Lets get the stop gap that gives us the best chance to get a great QB. Sometimes you have to suck REAL bad in order to get back to the top. Sad....but true

Nope, if you have the first overall pick next year and don't take Clowney,well you would deserve to get fired on the spot.

There is zero evidence to support this in the slightest.

I think Drew Stanton would be an excellent pick up, maybe not as the starter if we draft someone the coaches love. He could be a great backup but could possibly be a good starter given the chance. The guy doesent have many mile son him and he has a hell of a gun. Its worth a try to get him.

...Me looking at a Drew Stanton Thread ----> :wallbash:

Really guys? Really???? Why not get JP Losman back???

Nope, if you have the first overall pick next year and don't take Clowney,well you would deserve to get fired on the spot.

You go ahead and do that. I'd stick with Bridgewater. Ever watch him play? I've seen Clowney. I know he a force. If he played QB, I'd take him. He doesn't, so I take Bridgewater. Or Manziel. Taking a premier DE over a premier QB (especially for a franchise that hasn't had a decent QB since 1996) would be a disaster. Clowney is a man child.....but he doesn't play the single most important position in sports.

wow, M. Williams and Clowney on the same line. Scary. But I'd trade down a spot or two with a team that wants him, pick up their 2nd round pick, and nab Manzel.

Edited by RyanC883

You go ahead and do that. I'd stick with Bridgewater. Ever watch him play? I've seen Clowney. I know he a force. If he played QB, I'd take him. He doesn't, so I take Bridgewater. Or Manziel. Taking a premier DE over a premier QB (especially for a franchise that hasn't had a decent QB since 1996) would be a disaster. Clowney is a man child.....but he doesn't play the single most important position in sports.

Your nuts if you take anyone but Clowney first overall. He's once in a generation. He's Reggie White,and Bruce Smith. You don't pass over those guys. Passing on Clowney would be like the colts passing on Luck.