Chan liked Kaepernick what happened?

ALLEN1QB

I was listening to NFL radio earlier and they were talking about Buffalo and Chan. Supposedly Chan was talking about the new type of QB that would emerge in the next 10 years at the combine. He said the qb would be large, able to throw a dart on the run, and able to run but not be a running QB. Then he pointed at Kaepernick and said just like him. The announcer went on to say he was very puzzled why the Chan and the Bills past on him in the draft. He stated that possibly the GM or President were not on the same page with him. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to NFL radio earlier and they were talking about Buffalo and Chan. Supposedly Chan was talking about the new type of QB that would emerge in the next 10 years at the combine. He said the qb would be large, able to throw a dart on the run, and able to run but not be a running QB. Then he pointed at Kaepernick and said just like him. The announcer went on to say he was very puzzled why the Chan and the Bills past on him in the draft. He stated that possibly the GM or President were not on the same page with him. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this.

Chan wasn't the GM. What else is there to say?

I've been puzzled by this as well. I recall Chan talking up these "mobile, accurate QB's" as the future of the NFL some four years ago. Yet, they passed on Kaepernick, and again on Wilson. I suspected that Nix has been rating the players according to an outdated value system. Those guys, ten years ago, would have been drafted a round or two later, and thus we "just missed". Or, Gailey was so arrogant that he believed, and proceeded to pay, Fitz so much that by the time Fitz was turning in poorer and poorer performances Gailey had no choice but to sink with him. I point to Gailey as the culprit there, because if it were Nix who was pushing Fitz I think Nix would be gone on account of it. I'd bet Nix said something like, "if he's really your man, you're going to sink or swim with him".

I've been puzzled by this as well. I recall Chan talking up these "mobile, accurate QB's" as the future of the NFL some four years ago. Yet, they passed on Kaepernick, and again on Wilson. I suspected that Nix has been rating the players according to an outdated value system. Those guys, ten years ago, would have been drafted a round or two later, and thus we "just missed". Or, Gailey was so arrogant that he believed, and proceeded to pay, Fitz so much that by the time Fitz was turning in poorer and poorer performances Gailey had no choice but to sink with him. I point to Gailey as the culprit there, because if it were Nix who was pushing Fitz I think Nix would be gone on account of it. I'd bet Nix said something like, "if he's really your man, you're going to sink or swim with him".

Wait so Gailey says he likes a QB, and we never go after him or a guy like him, so it must be Gailey's fault? GM's make the personnel decisions, not HC's.

Chan's trying to demonstrate his16-32 record in his 3 seasons wasn't all his fault. That and hopefully lay the groundwork for future work in the NFL, although he or his agent told Tim Graham he had 2 offers for 2013. Apparently is taking the season off.

Either way, not taking a QB high enabled Nix to spend loads of draft picks on defensive players to staff his bottom dwelling unit. After all, he needed those picks to attempt to build 2 different defensive schemes in 3 seasons. <_<

I looked at a few 2011 mocks and they had Kap going mid 2nd round. Too bad we didn't use the Marv method, which was just draft the guy you want if you like him and he's sitting there, regardless of whether or not he's likely to fall to later rounds.

I like that Marv model too. You want him, go after him, no matter where he is. Unfortunately, that can backfire and get you guys like Lil Donte over a franchise QB like Cutler!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Flacco, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brady.....

I think pocket passer is th epath to a SuperBowl win....

it HAS been the path, but the question is... will it continue to be?

Okay if it was the GM and not the head coaches fault then it looks like we got rid of the wrong guy and have the same problem

Now I'm convinced that OBD is a joke...but if this is true Chan has changed his story. When he was asked about prospects & potential players in the draft, he said that he didn't like to sit in on those discussions with the GM & scouts. Because his job was to coach the players provided to him and so NOT to have a bias against a player if he & a scout didn't see eye to eye on a prospect. He can't have it both ways...I'm in the theory of B. Parcell's there if I'm going to cook the meal, let me at least shop for the groceries. Chan had it the way he chose and it didn't workout...

Flacco, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brady.....

I think pocket passer is th epath to a SuperBowl win....

Kap & wilson are pocket passer that can also run. You can include Rogers, Big Ben & Brees with this breed (Roth's just slower IMO) but these guys tuck the ball & run if the see man coverage from the def...esp Rodgers.