Does Kelvin Sheppard Have Anything to Offer?

Rob's House

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Shep will be at an advantage within this defense because there will be less of a demand for coverage on his part. I hope the Bills will be able to get the guys (or utilize current ones) who can penetrate the LOS and keep Guards off of Shep. In free range, I think he can turn into the likes of Brandon Spikes. Similar body type and speed. The instinctive ability is there but I don't believe he has had the system/coaching to get him to the level he needs to be.

Shep will do much better as an ilb in a 3-4. I also see Moats pairing with him at the other ilb.

I have seen moats in a 3-4 and a 4-3... In each case the spin was he was trying to work into a scheme or position that wasn't ideal. So then what in the world is??? Other than collegiate linebacker?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I have seen moats in a 3-4 and a 4-3... In each case the spin was he was trying to work into a scheme or position that wasn't ideal. So then what in the world is??? Other than collegiate linebacker?

He played end in college, so there's that.

Seriously, if you watched him at all, your realized he looked slow, unable to tackle, and not physical in the least.

How many times did you see him in the backfield?

It's hard work for a middle linebacker to disappear for a game. He found a way.

That one got my attention. Why? What has he done at ILB to draw that conclusion?

Moats has been mishandled from the beginning. He's a downhill player that is not good in space. He's got good size, strength, he is physical and I have a hunch he'd excell at ilb and especially blitzing up the middle. Pettine will figure it out.

What has he done at OLB to draw that conclusion?

Not much. He did hit Brett Favre.

Never understood why they wanted to take a guy that was a pass rusher in college and play him in space and covering the middle of the field. But, then it's the Bills and putting guys in positions to fail on Gailey's defenses seemed to be "how we do it".

Moats has been mishandled from the beginning. He's a downhill player that is not good in space. He's got good size, strength, he is physical and I have a hunch he'd excell at ilb and especially blitzing up the middle. Pettine will figure it out.

He's a pass rusher. Do you think they are just going to blitz up the A gaps every down?

He's the classic Bills Modrak Era pick. Guy they thought they could move from what he did in college to some other position and convert him. After fizzling with the switch, fans want to do some Maybinizing and see if he can play another position or three. Maybe Moats can play TE too.

I'm sure the last 2 years were the exception and Sheppard will be awesome this year.

Seriously, can't you pretty much tell if a guy is going to be a player right away. Shep hasn't shown much.

By this measure we would have cut Eric Moulds. He was a bust.....until his third year.

the pettine d will pretty much be the polar opposite of the wanny d so virtually nothing weve seen the last year or two means much regarding how they will perform going forward

sheppard has been a major disappointment, but who hasnt. much to my shock and horror, that wanny defense didnt seem to know its ass from a hole in the ground so i aint holding individual performances against anybody

the coaches are obviously doing their evals now to try to see who will fit where. i just hope pettine can work some magic right away cuz man am i tired of sucking like that