Are we seriously going to let Levitre walk?

Virgil

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Wikipedia, 2012.

So he did(Injury replacement).....hasn't shown up on the usual site I check.

He's not a FA though.....becomes one in 2014.

BTW, he is on a $4.3M/year contract.

What do you suggest the Bills do with a player that has openly said he wants to test free agency? I don't think there's any doubt we would like to sign him right now, but you do realize he has to want to sign prior to free agency right? There's two things that are going to happen, he's either going to get franchised, or we will have to see if he'll sign if we match/exceed what he commands on the open market.

The Bills are in an obviously touchy situation because of Byrd. I can only imagine they are working hard to sign Byrd or Levitre to be able to franchise the other. And both players and their agents know that.

this. And the 2nd part really scares me. If they can't sign either of them. I truly hope they are smart enough to franchise tag one of the 2. Someone will pick one of them up at some point and we will be heavily compensated for the loss with draft picks. The trick is, if we have t signed either of them, which one would generate more looks on the market?

FS's are hard to come by when they are as good as Byrd, but in all honesty, its not the most position even in the secondary let alone defense. It's a good to have a stud but we can get by with the average type of position.

Really good LGs... Incredibly durable LGs are more at a premium IMO. The OL is the key to a young growing QB. Of course the LT is the more important position but a stud LG next to an even average LT makes the whole left side of the line better. Why does Bell, Hairston and Glenn get so much praise for being young LTs that are up and coming talents.

In the end, it all really depends what certain teams are looking for in FA. You might see a team that's either one of these positions away from being a real contender. In that case, we need to monitor the FA market before hand quite regularly and see where teams needs falls.

I have this overwhelming feeling they we are simply going to let him walk and barely make an offer to him. I just don't understand this. At LG, he it's not a scheme thing. He's the best FA LG available. We don't have someone ready to replace him, so we'd have to draft someone. He's been healthy and a beast for us.

I cannot understand how this could happen or what the justification would be

Relax Derrick they will sign him.

Would he fit the Paul Hackett offense?

will Levitre?

this. And the 2nd part really scares me. If they can't sign either of them. I truly hope they are smart enough to franchise tag one of the 2. Someone will pick one of them up at some point and we will be heavily compensated for the loss with draft picks. The trick is, if we have t signed either of them, which one would generate more looks on the market?

FS's are hard to come by when they are as good as Byrd, but in all honesty, its not the most position even in the secondary let alone defense. It's a good to have a stud but we can get by with the average type of position.

Really good LGs... Incredibly durable LGs are more at a premium IMO. The OL is the key to a young growing QB. Of course the LT is the more important position but a stud LG next to an even average LT makes the whole left side of the line better. Why does Bell, Hairston and Glenn get so much praise for being young LTs that are up and coming talents.

In the end, it all really depends what certain teams are looking for in FA. You might see a team that's either one of these positions away from being a real contender. In that case, we need to monitor the FA market before hand quite regularly and see where teams needs falls.

I've come to think that we may well be saying goodbye to Byrd.

LaRon Landry is a FA and just made the pro bowl under Pettine's system playing FS.

If we are going to spend probowler money at the FS position.....it makes more sense to me that we will go after Landry rather than Byrd.

I've come to think that we may well be saying goodbye to Byrd.

LaRon Landry is a FA and just made the pro bowl under Pettine's system playing FS.

If we are going to spend probowler money at the FS position.....it makes more sense to me that we will go after Landry rather than Byrd.

whos better and has more upside for the remainder of thier career? Honestly I don't know anything about Landry other than his name. I could look up stats but that won't tell me anything.

whos better and has more upside for the remainder of thier career? Honestly I don't know anything about Landry other than his name. I could look up stats but that won't tell me anything.

I have no idea either. Landry is 2 years older with a better pedigree(which is meaningless IMO).

My thoughts run along the lines of.....Pettine knows he can have success with Landry in his system......and has no allegiance or history with Byrd.....therefore, if talent level is comparable he will go for Landry.

Byrd is the better investment. Younger, durable, productive in the pass and run game. Landry can be a liability in coverage and has real durability issues

Hmmm. 2 conflicting reports in Landry. In that case, ill franchise Byrd, sign Levitre, let another team pick up Byrd and take the 1st round pick, sign Landry for a lesser amount and draft a stud WR in the 1st round with that pick.

Saw "hometown" discount thrown out there at beginning of thread, but think it works opposite in Buffalo.Bills need to pay 20 % premium for guys to stay in this losing culture....and that does not even consider the crazy NYS taxes

Edited by plenzmd1

I have this overwhelming feeling they we are simply going to let him walk and barely make an offer to him. I just don't understand this. At LG, he it's not a scheme thing. He's the best FA LG available. We don't have someone ready to replace him, so we'd have to draft someone. He's been healthy and a beast for us.

This has been the Bills M.O. for 20 years. Grow 'em into pro bowlers then cheap out and let 'em walk. Gotta pay the "home town premium" to get guys to stay with this sh_t franchise. Not happening.

Saw "hometown" discount thrown out there at beginning of thread, but think it works opposite in Buffalo.Bills need to pay 20 % premium for guys to stay in this losing culture....and that does not even consider the crazy NYS taxes

+1. Gotta pay a 5% premium just to compensate for the 10% income and 10% sales tax, both double what you pay in well- run non-welfare states. I have no idea why top guys in the prime earning years of their career would play for this franchise. Makes no sense, unless they throw a lot of money at you to make up for all the negatives.

If they actually let him walk get excited then. For now, enjoy life. Do something you like to do and dont get worked up about stuff you cant control.

Levitre is NOT going anywhere.....

they will franchise tag him if necessary.....and he's worth it !!

he will then sign a 5yr / $42.5mil with $20 guaranteed.

you want to pay him 11 million next year ?

Levitre is 6'2". Buddy likes his offensive linemen in the 6'6" range.

buddy found his other staring guard off the scrap heAp. Paying levitre 35 million is going to be a tough pill for him to swallow

Quick question. Could you live with a Brandon Moore , chad Reinhardt combo over levitre if you could get Paul Kruger as well