The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

i thought of ellison but i wouldnt call him bad. he played here for quite a while and did decent. im pretty sure we can come up with somebody worse

how about pizza boy, what was his name, john digorgio

i hate to say it but we currently have nobody else at olb and chris kelsay was pretty horrible when he tried that. hes a good guy and decent DE so i dont want to include him but if we dont come up with anybody else ...

thats cool but id still need some specific evidence since i cant make that judgment myself. do you have a link to that espn analysis on walt?

gonna be hard to beat maybin and flowers, though

Are you kidding? DiGiorgio was a decent player. Injuries did him in.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i agree. im just looking to fill spots until we come up with somebody better (worse)

kelsay shouldn't be on the list even as an olb. didn't we start carrington at olb a few games that year as well? He had to have been worse

idk man im a kelsay fan but he was pretty brutal at lb. so bad in fact they just stopped ever putting him in space and just used him on the end as a rusher - he was called a lb but if youre on the line every play youre a de

i think carrington (and others) were in that rotation but never actually started at lb

in any event, if you want somebody off the list you have to come up with somebody better (worse) so lets hear it

Punter Maybe we go with Spike Jones?

I must say don't remember hating on the guy, but damn his name always got the old man to tellin stories of listening to Spike Jones and how the music of today( rock) sucked etc.

So his name alone gets him in....plus I do not think he was very good

yeah punter is hard. but i remember spike jones and he certainly wasnt a great one. so why not, sounds good to me

i didnt think coy wire was that bad really. struggled in coverage thats for sure, but was a hard hitter and very sure tackler. cant beat out ko millions anyway

so at least we got a full roster now

id say the weakest of the bunch (meaning we should be able to find somebody worse) are M/ILB Degiorio (not terrible, very short career due to injury), and FS Travares Tillman (not very good but not awful)

should be able to come up with somebody worse than FB Booker Moore, too

I think Robert stone hands Royal was worse.

Billy Joe Hobert/Joe Dufek/ Matt Kofler/Vince Ferragamo/Bruce Mathison/Rob Johnson - QB

Eddie Robinson - LB

Agree on all of these. Royal and Robinson were horrible. And the Bills have had no shortage of incredibly bad starting QBs.

Dan Darragh was as bad a quarterback as anyone who ever started a game in the NFL. And he started 11 games for the Bills with a 1-10 record. He also never played with another team.

Also both Ed Rutkowski and Kay Stephenson were 0-3 as Bills starters.

Incredibly Darrah, Rutkowski and Stephenson were the Bills QBs on their 1968 team as was Tom Flores who quarterbacked the Bills to a tie in his lone start. The Bills went 1-12-1 in 1968.

This should be another thread, but I wonder if people from the 60s and 70s saw worse football then than we are seeing today, or if this is truly an all-time low.

The late 60s/early 70s teams AND the mid 80s teams are much worse than the teams we've been watching the past decade or so. I mean when you're only winning one or two games per season...

we need somebody for HB, OLB, M/ILB, and P

I think it would be helpful to list an update on the lineup from time to time while we're doing this.

was corey moore an ILB or OLB i cant remember

College DE turned pro OLB.

Yep. DiGiorgio was small but he was a decent player. He played his ass off.

kelsay shouldn't be on the list even as an olb. didn't we start carrington at olb a few games that year as well? He had to have been worse

As much as I can't stand Kelsay, he doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

How about Terrance Pennington or Marcus Spriggs at OT? or Billy Conaty at Center? or Bennie Anderson at G?

This game is easy.

Nice catch. Spriggs was God awful, and he didn't even care when he gave up sacks. In fact, one time against Tampa he missed a block and RJ got crushed. He was on the turf actually bleeding, and Spriggs wouldn't help him up. There was never a player I had less respect for.

The absolute worst blocker I ever saw on the Bills was left tackle Greg Jerman. He was bad to the point that he was a danger to have on the field. He was brutalized on every play, and the backs/qbs were on their own. He at least tried, but I actually remember being in fear for his safety.

op

Can't agree with Jerry Crafts at guard. He was primarily a tackle backup IIRC and while he was abysmal at tackle he was not the worst guard in team history.

Also, Kelsay doesn't belong at OLB on his list. If you're going to list him there then you'd better but Spencer Johnson or Alex Carrington at OLB ahead of him because both started games at that position and were worse than Kelsay.

one more time: if you dont want somebody on the list you have to propose a replacement

i would agree that s johnson or carrington were worse than kelsay in their olb experiment but i dont recall them ever starting there and have no evidence that they did. and we currently have nobody else that was worse than kelsay in his failed experiment at that spot

The absolute worst blocker I ever saw on the Bills was left tackle Greg Jerman. He was bad to the point that he was a danger to have on the field. He was brutalized on every play, and the backs/qbs were on their own. He at least tried, but I actually remember being in fear for his safety.

i forgot about him. we have a replacement for mike williams

As far as the 53 year All-Worst Bills Awards, I'd like to mention the drunken fans who get into fights during and after games.

They suck big time.

yeah good point

Nice catch. Spriggs was God awful, and he didn't even care when he gave up sacks. In fact, one time against Tampa he missed a block and RJ got crushed. He was on the turf actually bleeding, and Spriggs wouldn't help him up. There was never a player I had less respect for.

Yes! Jerman was actually worse at his job than pucillo. Well done. I thought we had hit a football nadir with these guys on the field.

Also there are probably some guys from that 1987 scab roster that deserve to be in there.

i would agree that s johnson or carrington were worse than kelsay in their olb experiment but i dont recall them ever starting there and have no evidence that they did. and we currently have nobody else that was worse than kelsay in his failed experiment at that spot

Spencer Johnson started several games at LOLB after Kelsay was hurt in 2011. Look up the box score for the Redskins game for example. They list him as DE but they have 3 DEs starting. He was Kelsay's replacement as the "hybrid" LOLB/DE. He actually played pretty well in that game but was woefully out of position for the rest of the year. Again, I'm not proposing that we put Johnson in at LB. I suggest we actually show a OLB at this position.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110300buf.htm

Edited by vincec