What two QB'S do we draft and in what rounds?

Dat Dude

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need a new version of this thread every day?

:thumbsup: i agree i posted the same QB suggestion like 2 or 3 weeks ago !

Wilson and Nassib Possibly?

:doh: this was already posted ! Research topics before you post !

Thanks ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat '315' Dude

Let's just start off by saying this is the wrong year to be going after your "Franchise" QB. There is no QB that has shown he is that caliber IMO. There is not a 1st Round QB in this draft. Yes, Geno is athletic, he has a good arm, and he can throw on the run. But if his 1st read isn't open, he struggles with reading the defense and with progressions. I say no thank you. Nassib is Marrone's boy from Syracuse. Strong arm and fairly athletic, but it seemed that he lacked touch when throwing the ball. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Clausen to be honest and we all have seen how he has worked out in Carolina. Tyler Wilson? Another product of Petrino as was Brian Brohm. No thanks. Mike Glennon? Though he wasn't helped much by his WR's, he still took a step back from his Junior to Senior seasons. Tyler Bray? Strong arm and can make any throw you would want on a football field, but he is erratic and didn't show any improvement over the last couple of seasons. He is also said to be a headcase. No thank you. Zac Dysert? A guy who couldn't even dominate in the MAC? A guy who put up just about the same numbers over the last two seasons, actually less this year than the year before? Not the answer. Matt Barkley? I thought Barkley was the QB I wanted, but then got to see him without his All Pro LT protecting him. This year he struggled mightily with his decision making and when under pressure. I'd take him in the 3rd to see if he pans out, but in no way do I believe that he is a clear cut Franchise QB worthy of a 1st Round selection. EJ Manuel? Project. They didn't ask but so much of him @ FSU and he is still a raw talent. I also don't think he fits with Marrone's style of offense to be honest. No thanks. The most intriguing prospect in this class to me is Landry Jones. I hated Landry Jones until this year. I thought he was an overrated choke artist who collapsed when under defensive pressure and whenever the game was in his hands to win or lose. He proved me wrong. He stood tall against Notre Dame and their tough defense, he carried them against WVU, and he brought them back then led his team to victory against Ok. State.He has prototypical size, a good arm, and seem to take a step forward this year. I still don't see him as a clear cut Franchise QB because most of his work was in a Spread offense and Marrone doesn't run a Spread. How will he be able to operate from under Center? What is his footwork like? Will he be able to read the defense without being in a shotgun formation? I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd, but would hate to draft him 8th. I know Nix said we need a Franchise QB, but which QB is one? Seriously? I also wouldn't be mad if we didn't draft a single QB at all and just brought in competition for Fitz via FA or a reasonable trade. This draft just isn't the one to try and hang your franchise on by reaching for a QB.

If the Bills take Nassib at 8. That will be proof positive that nothing has changed on OBD.

Nix will have put the franchise in the Krapper for 3 more years, adding to his 3 years he already

has kept the franchise as a bottom feeder.

Impossible for that pick to take place and I'm no draftnik either. But let's hope some sanity has arrived

in the FO. Nassib is slated to be a career clipboard holder.

I don't know who they'll take, but the sure sign that nothing has changed is if they don't actually draft a QB in round 1.

No QB's deserve a first round pick, Either a top ranked WR which with us letting Jones walk (thank you lord) there is a good chance that we could do just that.

If QB talent has anything to do with where they are drafted & comparing them over all to R. Wilson & where he was taken then a QB shouldn't come off the board until UMMM i'd say the 4th round !!

I don't understand this line of thinking. Over the last month the names/rankings for these Qbs has flip flopped all over the place amongst 'draft experts" and mock drafters and message board members. Some people have Nassib in the top 10 of the draft. Some have him in the 5th round. Same for Glennon and the others. My thinking is very different from yours with regard to Nassib. Let me start by saying that I know nothing about him and have no clue if he has the skills to be an NFL QB. My thinking is this: Marrone and Hackett are at the beginning of their NFL careers and are in a position to get any QB they want (within reason). They have had Nassib for 3 years and now him more than anyone else in the football world. If they have enough faith in him to take him at 8 and hitch their NFL caeers to his arm, that is very exciting to me. Scary for sure. But very exciting.

Gailey hitched his NFL career to Fitzpatrick. -How exciting was that?

Perhaps we should file that decision under the "Scary for sure" side of the emotional spectrum. :lol:

Once again, NO TO NASSIB.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Over the last month the names/rankings for these Qbs has flip flopped all over the place amongst 'draft experts" and mock drafters and message board members. Some people have Nassib in the top 10 of the draft. Some have him in the 5th round. Same for Glennon and the others.

It really does not matter greatly what the QBs are rated or in what order when using your top 10 pick. Rating who is less crap than the other does not turn crap into gold. The only QB who is less crap enough to take a gamble on with a top 10 pick is Smith. The majority of them are destined to mediocrity at best. Sure the odds are that one might be a passable starter, but the odds are just not worth a first round when there is so much talent on the other side of the ball this year. Take the best available in the 2nd and one in the 3rd or 4th if they are rated by the scouts as not a reach. NO reaches at QB when we need so much help at LB, WR, TE, DL and the right side of the OL.

Let's just start off by saying this is the wrong year to be going after your "Franchise" QB. There is no QB that has shown he is that caliber IMO. There is not a 1st Round QB in this draft. Yes, Geno is athletic, he has a good arm, and he can throw on the run. But if his 1st read isn't open, he struggles with reading the defense and with progressions. I say no thank you. Nassib is Marrone's boy from Syracuse. Strong arm and fairly athletic, but it seemed that he lacked touch when throwing the ball. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Clausen to be honest and we all have seen how he has worked out in Carolina. Tyler Wilson? Another product of Petrino as was Brian Brohm. No thanks. Mike Glennon? Though he wasn't helped much by his WR's, he still took a step back from his Junior to Senior seasons. Tyler Bray? Strong arm and can make any throw you would want on a football field, but he is erratic and didn't show any improvement over the last couple of seasons. He is also said to be a headcase. No thank you. Zac Dysert? A guy who couldn't even dominate in the MAC? A guy who put up just about the same numbers over the last two seasons, actually less this year than the year before? Not the answer. Matt Barkley? I thought Barkley was the QB I wanted, but then got to see him without his All Pro LT protecting him. This year he struggled mightily with his decision making and when under pressure. I'd take him in the 3rd to see if he pans out, but in no way do I believe that he is a clear cut Franchise QB worthy of a 1st Round selection. EJ Manuel? Project. They didn't ask but so much of him @ FSU and he is still a raw talent. I also don't think he fits with Marrone's style of offense to be honest. No thanks. The most intriguing prospect in this class to me is Landry Jones. I hated Landry Jones until this year. I thought he was an overrated choke artist who collapsed when under defensive pressure and whenever the game was in his hands to win or lose. He proved me wrong. He stood tall against Notre Dame and their tough defense, he carried them against WVU, and he brought them back then led his team to victory against Ok. State.He has prototypical size, a good arm, and seem to take a step forward this year. I still don't see him as a clear cut Franchise QB because most of his work was in a Spread offense and Marrone doesn't run a Spread. How will he be able to operate from under Center? What is his footwork like? Will he be able to read the defense without being in a shotgun formation? I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd, but would hate to draft him 8th. I know Nix said we need a Franchise QB, but which QB is one? Seriously? I also wouldn't be mad if we didn't draft a single QB at all and just brought in competition for Fitz via FA or a reasonable trade. This draft just isn't the one to try and hang your franchise on by reaching for a QB.

:thumbsup:

Edited by simpleman

I agree with your thoughts on Landry Jones. I really still think he can be good, and would draft him in Round 2 after the BPA in Round 1.He showed great resiliantcy in come-back wins over WVA and OKLA ST as you stated as well as being one of the only players who showed up vs. ND. He also grew as the season went on with all new receivers except for Kenny Stills. The Cotton Bowl was a disaster, but more from the entire OKLA perspective than anything else. They were badly outclassed. I think he has the size, arm, experience and character to succeed at the next level, but needs good coaching as well to refine his game. As far as I am concerned, he has more experience and achievements than any of the other candidates as there is really no sure candidate in this year's draft, but think he is the best bet for the Bills at this point. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

The game of qb chicken on draft night is going to be fascinating. When does the first one go and when does the run start. Big risk , do you take one at 8. Then if you pass do you wait until the second round. Remember we are behind the jets in round 2, or do they try to trade back into round one costing at least a two and a three. Going to be one wild ride

Edited by jcbillsfan

The game of qb chicken on draft night is going to be fascinating. When does the first one go and when does the run start. Big risk , do you are one at 8. Then if you pass do you wait until the second round. Remember we are behind the jets in round 2, or do they try to trade back into round one costing at least a two and a three. Going to be one wild ride

:w00t::thumbsup:

The game of qb chicken on draft night is going to be fascinating. When does the first one go and when does the run start. Big risk , do you take one at 8. Then if you pass do you wait until the second round. Remember we are behind the jets in round 2, or do they try to trade back into round one costing at least a two and a three. Going to be one wild ride

Yes.

While I'm not thrilled with this year's QB class, the maneuvering of the dominos should make good theater.