What two QB'S do we draft and in what rounds?

Dat Dude

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need 2 new QB's in addition to Fitz - and let them battle for the job. I'm thinking the Bills agree and will have Fitz, Tavaris Jackson and a draft pick - unless they see another FA that they can get or if the Eagles release Vick - but I'm wondering if the Chip Kelly/ Eagles want to keep him now.

FA's - slim pickins - TJ looks like the best of the lot. (No way Flacco makes it to FA - otherwise I'd be OK with picking him up! :lol: )

Joe Flacco (BAL), Jason Campbell (CHI), Tarvaris Jackson (BUF), Matt Moore (MIA), Drew Stanton (IND), Seneca Wallace (FA)

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...I can hear the DUMP TRUCK of cash backing up to Flacco's house now. He is going NOWHERE.

Tarvaris is well... Tarvaris. -No clue whatsoever of what we're going to get out of him in TC, but maybe that was Gailey's fault/plan.

Two guys that are looking for good homes stand out here. -Matt Moore and Drew Stanton.

Drew can Play. It didn't always show at DET, (Mostly because of injury), but he definitely has skill as a passer.

Matt Moore has a good arm, and solid starting experience. IMO, he'd be a more than adequate as a stop-gap. Both QB's have great attitudes, which makes for easy transitioning with a young OC.

Seneca Wallace? :lol:!!! -That will be the extent of my commentary on that guy.

We had 2 QB's a number of times.

Flutie, Johnston and AVP.

Followed by Johnston and AVP

Followed by Bledsoe and Losman

Followed by Losman and Holcomb

Followed by Losman and Edwards

Followed by Edwards and Fitzpatrick

Followed by Fitzpatrick and Thigpen and Smith

:blush:

T Jackson also, fwiw.

Most of you are not understanding the post. He is saying draft 2 QB's like the skins for gods sake! Get your head out of the snow banks in western NY. Yes I agree 100%

I think drafting two qb's is a good idea if the chips fall correctly. Id prefer 2nd and 4th round qbs over 1st and 3rd with thus class.... unless we move up for Geno. I wouldn't be upset with Nassib/Jones/Glennon in the 2nd Manuel/Dysert/Bray in the 4th

We had 2 QB's a number of times.

Flutie, Johnston and AVP.

Followed by Johnston and AVP

Followed by Bledsoe and Losman

Followed by Losman and Holcomb

Followed by Losman and Edwards

Followed by Edwards and Fitzpatrick

Followed by Fitzpatrick and Thigpen and Smith

:blush:

We have two quarterbacks every year..whats your point? He was saying to draft two, not to just have two. None of your examples were drafted in the same draft class, as was the point in his post.

I really feel that we need to take the same aproach as the Skins did last year. I say draft the best two QB's available with our

first and third rd pick ! :blush: ( Wilson/Manual) ? :blush: (Wilson/Nassib)? :thumbsup::blush:(Wilson/Landry Jones)? :thumbsup::blush: (Nassib/Manual)?

We need to get this right this year and we mise well start by increasing our odds on picking up our QB of the future !

GO BILLS ! :beer:

Dude.... Please get it through your head that last draft featured an uncommonly large crop of very good QBs.

It was a blue-moon opportunity for FO's that knew what was up. -Some teams capitalized. Others (The Bills) did not.

The notion that we can re-live the QB bonanza of 2012 is simply NUTTY... -Even nuttier is the idea that we should double-down on this year's meager talent with the hopes of hitting the franchise QB Lotto.

I think if we're going to double down on anything this draft it should be defensive players. Specifically at LB and S. This draft features a bumper-crop of exceptional defenders. IMO, missing the boat on this unique opportunity should constitute Buddy's resignation letter.

Dude.... Please get it through your head that last draft featured an uncommonly large crop of very good QBs.

It was a blue-moon opportunity for FO's that knew what was up. -Some teams capitalized. Others (The Bills) did not.

The notion that we can re-live the QB bonanza of 2012 is simply NUTTY... -Even nuttier is the idea that we should double-down on this year's meager talent with the hopes of hitting the franchise QB Lotto.

I think if we're going to double down on anything this draft it should be defensive players. Specifically at LB and S. This draft features a bumper-crop of exceptional defenders. IMO, missing the boat on this unique opportunity should constitute Buddy's resignation letter.

:censored::wallbash: Hey, Jack Ass #34 Fan ! Why don't you get it through your head that Fitz SUCKS and the Bills have to do somethin with a weak draft class and a weak free agent class !

:censored::wallbash: Hey, Jack Ass #34 Fan ! Why don't you get it through your head that Fitz SUCKS and the Bills have to do somethin with a weak draft class and a weak free agent class !

After you wipe the foam from your mouth, you should probably re-read my post. It may take a few times, but I promise you'll get it eventually.

T Jackson also, fwiw.

True... but in my list thay all started at one time for multiple games. T Jackson was the invisible man in 2012.

We have two quarterbacks every year..whats your point? He was saying to draft two, not to just have two. None of your examples were drafted in the same draft class, as was the point in his post.

Draft two like Washington ... And what cost did the Skins pay? They traded 3 picks for RGIII and then they rode him into the ground. Who knows when he'll be 100%. And when RGIII was runing with a lame leg they still played him until it was too late.

Is that what you want in Buffalo?

Draft two like Washington ... And what cost did the Skins pay? They traded 3 picks for RGIII and then they rode him into the ground. Who knows when he'll be 100%. And when RGIII was runing with a lame leg they still played him until it was too late.

Where do you get that scenario from my post? I was merely clarifying the point of the original thread post. But to comment on what you said....What Washington did in the draft was great. They got a franchise quarterback and a quality backup.Who wouldn't want that in Buffalo? Where Washington went wrong was playing a guy who was injured. A bad decision that falls on Shanahan. And every team rides their quarterback as far as he will take them. Nothing wrong with that at all. What was wrong was playing him when he was injured, not giving up three picks for a franchise quarterback. I would give up the entire draft for a franchise quarterback.

Draft 2 QBs and draft another next year if you don't see progress. For as bad as the Bills are at drafting, if they got Big Ben instead of Losman, we are a playoff contender every year. It's that simple. You need to devote a lot more resources to finding maybe the most important position in all of sports. And if you make a mistake on a guy, admit it, and move on.

Draft 2 QBs and draft another next year if you don't see progress. For as bad as the Bills are at drafting, if they got Big Ben instead of Losman, we are a playoff contender every year. It's that simple. You need to devote a lot more resources to finding maybe the most important position in all of sports. And if you make a mistake on a guy, admit it, and move on.

Maybe, or maybe Big Ben gets a broken leg in training camp because Troy Vincent doesn't like the cut of his jib, and then he gets thrown into a game with no practice reps, and the Meathead coach doesn't commit to anything.

You are wildly underestimating the ability of the Buffalo Bills to screw things up.

Did Bledsoe ever get the Bills to a playoff game? I do remember Drew on a 6 game win streak, needing the 7th to make the playoffs - only to get humiliated by the Steelers 2nd 3rd and 4th string players.

Fixed.

Where do you get that scenario from my post? I was merely clarifying the point of the original thread post. But to comment on what you said....What Washington did in the draft was great. They got a franchise quarterback and a quality backup.Who wouldn't want that in Buffalo? Where Washington went wrong was playing a guy who was injured. A bad decision that falls on Shanahan. And every team rides their quarterback as far as he will take them. Nothing wrong with that at all. What was wrong was playing him when he was injured, not giving up three picks for a franchise quarterback. I would give up the entire draft for a franchise quarterback.

The jury is still out on whether or not Cousins is a "quality" QB. The Redskins took a lot of flack for drafting Cousins after giving up the farm for RG3. Shanahan seems to like to gamble on unusual picks. I still remember him using a 3rd on Maurice Clarett back on Denver. That sure worked out well for them . The Cousins pick only looks ok now because RG3 may not be back in time for this coming season.

Edited by prissythecat

What they did (any team does) in the draft means NOTHING if you don't get a ROI year after year . You don't give away 3 top picks and then run your #1 (3rd overall) pick in the ground by playing him the way they did.

Franchise QB's are rare. To think that you will hit the lottery by guessing twice a year on a QB is ludicrous.

Fixed.

I do agree with 3rd stringers too.

The jury is still out on whether or not Cousins is a "quality" QB. The Redskins took a lot of flack for drafting Cousins after giving up the farm for RG3. Shanahan seems to like to gamble on unusual picks. I still remember him using a 3rd on Maurice Clarett back on Denver. That sure worked out well for them. The Cousins pick only looks ok now because RG3 may not be back in time for this coming season.

Actually the Cousins pick looks good because he played well every chance he got.

You're confusing two separate issues and your example of Washington as a reason not to draft two quarterbacks doesn't support your argument.

Both of Washington's QBs played well. The fact that Shanny showed a gross lack of judgement in playing RGIII when he was seriously injured doesn't change the fact that the aggressive trade to draft him and the drafting of Cousins were both good decisions.

Actually the Cousins pick looks good because he played well every chance he got.

Both of Washington's QBs played well. The fact that Shanny showed a gross lack of judgement in playing RGIII when he was seriously injured doesn't change the fact that the aggressive trade to draft him and the drafting of Cousins were both good decisions.

There is a difference in playing "good" during spot duty vs playing good as designated starter over course of a season. Cousins will have a chance to show if the scouting reports that said he would be a backup quality qb due to weak arm strength and inability to face pressure are false. If he turns out to be good next season starting in place of rg3 then great . If not , then Washington will wonder if they should have used that pick to fill out some depth or other positional need.

You're confusing two separate issues and your example of Washington as a reason not to draft two quarterbacks doesn't support your argument.

It "looks good" .... So did Matt Cassel in NE when Brady went down, so did Tim Tebow in Denver, so did Kevin Kolb in Philly, etc etc etc

The chances of getting LUCKY with 1 franchise QB are high enough ..... expecting the odds to get better by drafting one more each year .... I've already stated my opinion on that.

-----------------------

Their agressive trade will only be good if RGIII can play for them for a decade or more!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

There is a difference in playing "good" during spot duty vs playing good as designated starter over course of a season. Cousins will have a chance to show if the scouting reports that said he would be a backup quality qb due to weak arm strength and inability to face pressure are false. If he turns out to be good next season starting in place of rg3 then great . If not , then Washington will wonder if they should have used that pick to fill out some depth or other positional need.

It "looks good" .... So did Matt Cassel in NE when Brady went down, so did Tim Tebow in Denver, so did Kevin Kolb in Philly, etc etc etc

The chances of getting LUCKY with 1 franchise QB are high enough ..... expecting the odds to get better by drafting one more each year .... I've already stated my opinion on that.

-----------------------

Their agressive trade will only be good if RGIII can play for them for a decade or more!!!

Nevertheless at this moment, the aggressive trade up for RGIII and the selection of another QB in the same draft are looking like good moves and are not supportive of your arguments.

That might change but right now Shanny's looking good on the personnel moves.