Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop

Meathead

Two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said.

The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.

After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.

Local, state and federal authorities are involved in a massive search for Christoper Jordan Dorner, 33, a former Los Angeles Police Department officer who threatened "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police in an online manifesto, and was suspected of shooting three police officers, one of whom died, early Thursday in Riverside County.

Chase said that in both instances police came across vehicles they thought were similar to the one Dorner is believed to be driving. Neither vehicle was Dorner's.

http://latimesblogs....women-shot.html

what kind of sick cluster fk is the lapd running there

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bad out here in southern cal, San Diego cops are even worse. They definitely shoot first and ask questions later.

I remember when the Night Stalker was rampaging in LA during the summer, I slept with my window open and noticed a person running from a car checking front doors very early in the morning. I called the police, it turned out it was someone delivering newspapers. Apparently that is a dangerous profession.

I'm confused. Are we mad at the police because they sometimes shoot the wrong person or do we still love them because they help us justify raising taxes on people?

There was a psych study done a few years back, randomly profiling several thousand police officers from around the country.

The outcome? More than 70% of all officers profiled the same as your typical high school bully, while just over 10% carried a "white knight" profile.

The outcome? More than 70% of all officers profiled the same as your typical high school bully, while just over 10% carried a "white knight" profile.

Does this surprise anybody? Most cops were high school bullies who couldn't carry their jock status over to college because they weren't good enough to play college sports, and they certainly didn't have the grades to go to a real college without playing a sport. So they pulled some blue-collar connections and became city/town cops so that they could have the "jock" status in real life too.

Cops are on a constant power trip. This is why most of them are complete !@#$s.

Does this surprise anybody? Most cops were high school bullies who couldn't carry their jock status over to college because they weren't good enough to play college sports, and they certainly didn't have the grades to go to a real college without playing a sport. So they pulled some blue-collar connections and became city/town cops so that they could have the "jock" status in real life too.

Ever listen to Carolla's rants on the LAPD? You nailed it.

Most cops I know, were actually the opposite, the wimps in school that everyone made fun of... But the jist is the same, because now, they think they have payback power....

Police fired at carriers without warning, lawyer says

The newspaper carriers fired upon by Los Angeles police during a manhunt for a fugitive ex-officer received "no commands, no instructions and no opportunity to surrender," their attorney said.

Emma Hernandez, 71, was delivering the Los Angeles Times with her daughter, Margie Carranza, 47, in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue in Torrance on Thursday morning when Los Angeles police officers apparently mistook their blue Toyota Tacoma for a truck belonging to Christopher Dorner, the 33-year-old fugitive suspected of killing three people and injuring two others.

Jonas said he was still trying to gather the facts and determine a sequence of events, but said the women were following their typical routine through the South Bay on Thursday morning, with Hernandez in the back seat handing papers to her daughter, who was driving.

Carranza would briefly slow the truck to throw papers on driveways and front walks, he said. While taking corners, the women typically turn off their lights to avoid disturbing neighbors.

Shortly after turning onto Redbeam Avenue on Thursday, Jonas said, bullets began crashing through the back windshield of the truck. The women "covered their faces and huddled down."

About 25 minutes after the shooting, Torrance police opened fire after spotting another truck similar to Dorner's at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street. No one was reported hurt.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/torrance-shooting.html

you gotta be fkn with me. TWO instances of opening fire just bc somebody was in a blue truck!!?!!!

holy sh that lapd is completely out. of. control

at least those three people are gonna be rich beotch

"Unconventional and asymmetrical warfare"

Wow... This creep really has the police rattled, the police are gunning down newspaper carriers. If this keeps up, the sad part is, he is making good on his promise of an unconvential and assymmetrical war against the police.

Maybe newspaper carriers should pack heat, then they can fire back @ the police. This creep won't even have to wage in on his sick battle, he can be sitting on a beach in Mexico.

Too many incidents of cops shooting innocent people. We should ban them.

@ least between 0500 and 0600 in the morning when papers are delivered!

i just hope they publish pics of the idiots who shot up the newspaper deliverers

i want to see what kind of retards mistake two unarmed old hispanic women for one young bald black male

i havent heard what the guy in the other truck the cops fired on looks like. probably some short skinny old white man