• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We could use a top WR / Rushing LB, known variables we wouldn't have to draft:

http://profootballta...-anquan-boldin/

:thumbsup:

Got a feeling that Baltimore's losses will be our gain.

Pettine could easily recruit Kruger

and we need a top WR as well

and if for some reason they don't sign Flacco we will take a shot at him instead.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

There is a complete possibility that they could lose all 3. They hold off in Kruger and Boldin to keep enough to sign Flacco. Both Boldin and Kruger get picked up somewhere else, then Flacco refuses the offer.

My thoughts are that they sign Flacco for a way over paid contract after he wins them a SuperBowl. They will gladly lose a WR when they have another up and coming WR and could easily replace a WR in the draft.

Just a thought. I'd love Boldin. Would be better than anything we could get (except maybe Bowe) and it would be awesome to get him.

nice catch from PFT Mitch.

We gotta hope Coach Marrone and the Other Doug saw this and are keeping an eye on the situation.

BB why do you think Kruger would "easily " be brought over my Mike P. ?

Pettine runs the same style of D and if the Ravens don't pay up he'd probably come here over the Jets.

Boldin to NE makes too much sense, especially if/when Baltimore loses. NE is likely to lose Welker and needs someone who can come in with hands to compliment Edlemen and Lloyd. Gronk is a liability with injury and Hernandez needs Gronk to prosper.

Most likely they tag Flacco, leaving them powerless to stop any of the other guys from walking.

No way flacco walks, boldin is 33 and a physical guy (ie beat up) who you don't pay for, and there's a great chance Kruger is a role player that will be paid like a cornerstone

I wouldn't get tooooo excited here.

Completely agree on all fronts. I'd like Kruger at a reasonable rate, but not at the $8-10 mil/year he thinks he's worth.

Flaccos going nowhere. Boldin would be a great pickup if we were making a SB run, but we likely will not be doing that next season. I'd LOVE to add Kruger. I'm sure ill get roasted for this, but he's the only FA I'd rather have over Levitre/Byrd. While I'd be more than happy resigning our guys, of we lost one and signed Kruger, I'd be ok with it. I can't say that for any other FA (except flacco, who likely won't hit the market IMO).

Flacco must be the hinge all of this swings on.

Bolden would be an upgrade and useful i think. But i cant see us paying him as # 2 even.

How about Jacoby ? That might be in the budget. I still want to talk to them if I am FO.

And isnt our own D Jones a potential departure for one of a couple reasons ? we have a need or two

Kruger. Should take a look. That's a position of need for Bills for sure. That also needs a good drafting.

Would he be willing to play special teams? : )

Edited by 3rdand12

read same style of Defense, genius.

Lots of places he'd be a fit. Huuuuge gap to it'd be easy to get him

If he's on the market, dollars will be what it takes

Ray Lewis comes off the books after he retires.

I wonder how much room that gives them.

Ed reed also likely gone next year

Edited by NoSaint

I read all these posts saying - sign Bowe , or Alex Smith, bring in Boldin & on & on but ther eis one HUGE question mark o all of it .

Given that we spend the money to keep our own in Byrd & Levitre as Buddy said he wants to do & for the most part to this point has done, where will the money come from to get these other players ?

If we sign our guys & sign any one of these others that are being talked about in a couple of years we will be just like the Jets are today.

Every body jumping ship or the GM trying to trade the best players on the roster just to get under the cap, & for all of the talk they are saying that it will take the Jets 3 years to recover just to get back under the cap with all the dead money & such.

So i say just keep going the way we are & do the cap to cash thing & the future will be alright with a lot less mountains to over come as far as the cap !!

I read all these posts saying - sign Bowe , or Alex Smith, bring in Boldin & on & on but ther eis one HUGE question mark o all of it .

Given that we spend the money to keep our own in Byrd & Levitre as Buddy said he wants to do & for the most part to this point has done, where will the money come from to get these other players ?

If we sign our guys & sign any one of these others that are being talked about in a couple of years we will be just like the Jets are today.

Every body jumping ship or the GM trying to trade the best players on the roster just to get under the cap, & for all of the talk they are saying that it will take the Jets 3 years to recover just to get back under the cap with all the dead money & such.

So i say just keep going the way we are & do the cap to cash thing & the future will be alright with a lot less mountains to over come as far as the cap !!

Keep going the way we've been going you say huh? What way is that? The way of not making the playoffs since Clinton was getting blowjobs in the Oval Office?

We are not in salary cap hell. We aren't even teetering on being in trouble. We have more than enough to sign Levitre, Byrd, and extend Wood (haha) and still have money for one of these FAs.

We're fine. Stop worrying about the sky falling. We haven't signed Tim Tebow to a contract, or Mark Sanchez to a rediculous contract that can't be fixed (unlike Fitz' easy out contract), or Santonio Holmes, Cromartie, Revis, etc... We have one very large contract in Mario. The rest are very reasonable compared to NFL standards.

Edited by mrags

It's true that a lot of people seem to be under the impression that the Bills are exempt from the salary cap, but adding 1 or 2 quality FAs wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Sure, we can't throw out any more Mario style contracts, but if you can add (for example) Dwayne Bowe for < $10 mil/yr that's not necessarily a bad move. If he were on the roster and we let someone else sign him for that we'd be up in arms over it. It's a matter of paying for talent without overpaying for it.