Moats got paid double his base salary

Dr. Trooth

Based on incentives, Moats doubled his salary this year. Scroll down the list.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/browns-quarterback-colt-mccoy-added-1-75-million-194838554--nfl.html

I hope Pettine finds the right spot for Moats. He's been jerked around from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and is really only suited for a 3-4.

Also of interest:

Buffalo Bills running back C.J. Spiller triggered escalators in his rookie contract that will more than double his 2013 base salary. Originally scheduled to earn $1,300,834 in 2013, Spiller escalated his contract by $1.3225 million and will now earn $2,623,334 next season. Bills center Eric Wood, a 2009 first-round pick, will see his salary increase from $925,000 to $2.3 million in 2013.

Also of interest:

Buffalo Bills running back C.J. Spiller triggered escalators in his rookie contract that will more than double his 2013 base salary. Originally scheduled to earn $1,300,834 in 2013, Spiller escalated his contract by $1.3225 million and will now earn $2,623,334 next season. Bills center Eric Wood, a 2009 first-round pick, will see his salary increase from $925,000 to $2.3 million in 2013.

Good for both of them. Both deserve it. When Wood was out of the line up, our OL looked pretty weak.

My guess would be games played

Or as the Bills love to do, may be they have a clause for giving him more money for the # of games that he DOES NOT Dress up (and play catch with TJ).

I love to hear when the guys that deserve it and work hard to produce get the extra cash. Careers go fast in the NFL, the IRS is there getting about half of what they make and most athletes don't have much to show for it in ten years.

The thing that I laugh at is that we paid a million more to Tarvaris Jackson than Spiller this year, and we never even activated the guy.

Same goes for Brad Smith, out earning CJ and Freddy.

I understand you have to have roster depth, but there are some serious inequities in compensation on this team.

Also of interest:

What was Wood's escalation based on?

I love to hear when the guys that deserve it and work hard to produce get the extra cash. Careers go fast in the NFL, the IRS is there getting about half of what they make and most athletes don't have much to show for it in ten years.

The thing that I laugh at is that we paid a million more to Tarvaris Jackson than Spiller this year, and we never even activated the guy.

Same goes for Brad Smith, out earning CJ and Freddy.

I understand you have to have roster depth, but there are some serious inequities in compensation on this team.

Great point! But it is not appropriate to question the decisions of Buddy Whaley. You can't mess with success!

My guess is it has something to do with all of his Special Teams reps.

Besides, doubling his salary isnt a big deal in teh NFL, it was small to begin with.

Was small....but still $0.54M

It might be for number of starts.....or maybe career tackles or starts?

I think he put big bucks in Vegas with odds 1-1,000,000,000 that Mario Williams would come to Buffalo. In all seriousness though, I think he could have been used better, he looked so promising in 2011. Have met him a few times, he lives down in Chesapeake as do I, super guy. I hope this new regime finds a use for him even though he isn't from Syracuse.

Based on incentives, Moats doubled his salary this year. Scroll down the list.

http://sports.yahoo....38554--nfl.html

I hope Pettine finds the right spot for Moats. He's been jerked around from the 3-4 to the 4-3 and is really only suited for a 3-4.

This is probably pointed out, but just in case...he didn't get paid double. His 2013 salary is double based on escalators. Might make it more difficult for him to make the team.