Rob Johnson Interview With Rich Gaenzler

"if that cancer midget wasn't on the team"? the one that led the bills to the playoffs? :bag: :bag: :bag:

Flutie had his moments, but once the novety wore off, teams had no problem defensing him. You forget how stout the defense was in 99, one that might have gotten the Bills over the SB hump if not for Homerun throwback.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much what happened. Oh I'm sorry...unicorns would fart cotton candy.

Everyone thinks we would have won the Titans game but DF lost his playoff start in '99 against the Dolphins, not that anyone remembers.

PTR

So should have the Falcons benched Matt Ryan because he lost a few playoff games.

I don't follow your logic

He had a 10 cent head when he played because he kept running when he knew his body couldn't take the pounding. He also had a maddening penchant for running out of bounds behind the LOS, instead of throwing the ball away.

i love how the board blames the player (Johnson, Whitner) for being drafted/traded for and signing the contracts. Like the player should have walked away . . .no, no I can't sign that. You should be playing Flutie . . or no, no . . .i can't sign. . . you shouild have drafted Ngata.

Bucs were fooled too. When they signed him as a backup and he actually had to play, he was horrible. Start of our current woes, when he was retained over Flutie. Always looked good in camp though.

I dunno...I believe he was 2-0 as a starter for the Bucs. He played more the role of "game manager", but they did win.

Undoubtedly, the Bills experienced more success those years with Flutie starting, but I think the Bills gave up on Flutie at the right time... he really wasn't very good most of his final season in Buffalo.

"Choosing" RJ over Flutie was really a financial decision as much as one based on talent. If they had kept Flutie, I seriously doubt things would be much different than they are now. They realized Flutie wasn't taking them any further, and gambled that Johnson, as the undisputed starter, might be able to elevate his game...he did show flashes...the Bills would have taken a big cap hit cutting RJ that year...not so much in the final year of his deal.

Edited by Buftex

As the GR guys wasted airtime on some trivia game, I checked out a podcast on WHLD.

Interesting survey of topics, Johnson seems like a good dude and seems to have more than the 10 cent head he displayed on the Bills.

He talks about the new breed of read option Qbs and how he wasn't built to take the punishment that scamblers/options get (mentions how playing with Beuerlein and Flutie led him to leave the pocket more than his body could withstand).

I can only wonder what the Bills fortunes would have been if he wouldl have stayed healthy, and the cancer midget wasn't on the team.

http://www.swing1270...d=582&is_corp=0

I'll try hard to over look the insult to cancer victims and little people . . . but you really showed your IQ deficiency when you some how came to the convoluted logic to think that Rob Johnson was a better QB for the Buffalo Bills than Doug Flutie . . . further evidence that there should be a driving text for posting on TBD

RJ was 1-3 in his first 4 games. Flutie was 4-0 in his first 4 games. Flutie led the team to the playoffs in 99 and should have started, period.

How would you feel if you did really good at your job but your boss told you I get all of your paychecks? That's the closest analogy that sums up this debate.

Rob Johnson and JP Losman are just not intelligent. It takes brains to play QB. Maybe there is a football IQ. These guys didn't have that either. There is a reason they got sacked so much. They could not read defenses. It is the same reason Vick and other mobile QB's get sacked. They can't read defenses quickly and move from read to read to read...

i love how the board blames the player (Johnson, Whitner) for being drafted/traded for and signing the contracts. Like the player should have walked away . . .no, no I can't sign that. You should be playing Flutie . . or no, no . . .i can't sign. . . you shouild have drafted Ngata.

Yes, there is that, and the growing phenomenon amongst Bills fans to declare draft picks as busts...everyone wants to be the first one to claim it.

As the GR guys wasted airtime on some trivia game, I checked out a podcast on WHLD.

Interesting survey of topics, Johnson seems like a good dude and seems to have more than the 10 cent head he displayed on the Bills.

He talks about the new breed of read option Qbs and how he wasn't built to take the punishment that scamblers/options get (mentions how playing with Beuerlein and Flutie led him to leave the pocket more than his body could withstand).

I can only wonder what the Bills fortunes would have been if he wouldl have stayed healthy, and the cancer midget wasn't on the team.

http://www.swing1270...d=582&is_corp=0

how was Flutie a cancer? Rob Johnson was given status with the Bills without proving anything while Doug worked for everything. It was Flutie's team that last went to the playoffs and we wouldn't be talking about the Music City Miracle if he was allowed to start.

Pretty much what happened. Oh I'm sorry...unicorns would fart cotton candy.

Everyone thinks we would have won the Titans game but DF lost his playoff start in '99 against the Dolphins, not that anyone remembers.

PTR

You're kidding me.

Flutie v. the Dolphins: 90.05 rating against a defense that was 6th in passing defense, 3rd in overall D, and first overall in points allowed.

Johnson v. the Titans: 64.8 rating against a defense that was 25th overall in passing defense, 17th overall in D, and 15th overall in points.

Seriously -- come on.

how was Flutie a cancer? Rob Johnson was given status with the Bills without proving anything while Doug worked for everything. It was Flutie's team that last went to the playoffs and we wouldn't be talking about the Music City Miracle if he was allowed to start.

You Flutopians still kill me...after all these years....