New gun control thread!

Remington markets home defense and hunting variants of BOTH the 1100 and 870...as do most shotgun manufacturers who build on both actions.

I think its laughable that you chose the 1100 as your example of semiauto shotguns being vile, evil weapons of mass destruction. Right. In reality, the 1100 is one of the most popular hunting and competitive shooting shotguns that has ever been made. Remington has been marketing them to hunters since they were first built in the 60s...long before the tacticool mall-ninja fad took hold. And that wasn't their first semi-auto shotgun by any means. They've been building and marketing them to hunters since the old model 11 back in 1905. And they're certainly not the only manufacturer who has long since offered a semi-auto marketed to hunters. Far from it.

i could have just as easily used the semi auto 870. the 1100 came to me more quickly in a search. benelli makes them too. so what? they're not needed for successful hunting. just like in golf, you can't buy game. as i said, this debate isn't about hunting...just like a good fly fisherman will outfish the newbie with a $500 orvis rod with his half broken bamboo rod, a good hunter doesn't need a semi auto.

i could have just as easily used the semi auto 870. the 1100 came to me more quickly in a search. benelli makes them too. so what? they're not needed for successful hunting. just like in golf, you can't buy game. as i said, this debate isn't about hunting...just like a good fly fisherman will outfish the newbie with a $500 orvis rod with his half broken bamboo rod, a good hunter doesn't need a semi auto.

You have a semi-auto 870?

What's that got to do with you calling a 870 a semi-auto?

your beef's with brandon. i don't know gander mt's or cabella's catalogue through and through. i'm not looking for another gun. my 870 pump does everything i need it to. so if brandon was trying to trip me up...then, bravo. like i said, you can't buy game. i don't try to. Edited by birdog1960

just like in golf, you can't buy game. as i said, this debate isn't about hunting...just like a good fly fisherman will outfish the newbie with a $500 orvis rod with his half broken bamboo rod, a good hunter doesn't need a semi auto.

If the debate isn't about hunting, then why do you care what a good hunter needs?

Listen, I've seen you go off the rails here before, but you're going into full-goose-batschitt-crazy mode, now.

Put the keyboard away, or at least pick a topic where you won't be left spitting up on yourself. Maybe start a thread about how you don't like people who drive slow in the left lanes. Start small.

If the debate isn't about hunting, then why do you care what a good hunter needs?

Listen, I've seen you go off the rails here before, but you're going into full-goose-batschitt-crazy mode, now.

Put the keyboard away, or at least pick a topic where you won't be left spitting up on yourself. Maybe start a thread about how you don't like people who drive slow in the left lanes. Start small.

Left lanes have been around for a long time and I'm sure they do have their uses. But some people have proven over and over again that they cannot be trusted to use the left lane in a responsible fashion.

Perhaps it's time we ban left lanes?

cuz if we can get a concession that this is not about hunting (which it clearly isn't) then we can have a debate on the real issues...what this is really about - profits for the arms manufacturers now that hunter's have all the toys they really need and conning people into thinking they need more.

Left lanes have been around for a long time and I'm sure they do have their uses. But some people have proven over and over again that they cannot be trusted to use the left lane in a responsible fashion.

NOW you're using birdog logic. Let's do away with left lanes altogether. If there are four lanes, reduce them to three. If there are three lanes, reduce them to two. The sooner we do away with left lanes, the better. Only then will everything be equal.

NOW you're using birdog logic. Let's do away with left lanes altogether. If there are four lanes, reduce them to three. If there are three lanes, reduce them to two. The sooner we do away with left lanes, the better. Only then will everything be equal.

except that 4 lane highways aren't designed for the explicit purpose of killing people. who is meant to be assaulted by assault weapons? Edited by birdog1960

cuz if we can get a concession that this is not about hunting (which it clearly isn't) then we can have a debate on the real issues...what this is really about - profits for the arms manufacturers now that hunter's have all the toys they really need and conning people into thinking they need more.

Maybe Apple should stop making new iPhones. I mean, people have everything they need with the current iPhone. At this point, they're just conning people into thinking then need more, right?

And that car you drive? Hell, it's get you where you need to go. At this point, the car manufacturers are conning you into thinking you need more.

except that 4 lane highways aren't designed for the explicit purpose of killing people.

And yet more people die on highways than they do by automatic weapsons. So maybe it's time for highways to be banned.

Edited by LABillzFan

Maybe Apple should stop making new iPhones. I mean, people have everything they need with the current iPhone. At this point, they're just conning people into thinking then need more, right?

And that car you drive? Hell, it's get you where you need to go. At this point, the car manufacturers are conning you into thinking you need more.

[/size]

And yet more people die on highways than they do by automatic weapsons. So maybe it's time for highways to be banned.

i phones are meant to make life easier (i'm not convinced though i have one). assault weapons....not so much.

People don't really need to use left lanes. Besides, they were not envisioned by the Framers when they allowed the federal government to establish postal roads. Therefore left lanes should be banned.

i phones are meant to make life easier (i'm not convinced though i have one). assault weapons....not so much.

What are we calling assault weapons now, automatics, semi automatics or just those that look mean and nasty?

People don't really need to use left lanes. Besides, they were not envisioned by the Framers when they allowed the federal government to establish postal roads. Therefore left lanes should be banned.

The best way to stop a bad guy on the left lane is a good guy on the right lane.

except that 4 lane highways aren't designed for the explicit purpose of killing people. who is meant to be assaulted by assault weapons?

Especially when you define an 'assault weapon' as anything that looks scary.

What are we calling assault weapons now, automatics, semi automatics or just those that look mean and nasty?

how bout anything more than needed to kill an elephant by an experienced hunter? wouldn't that definition eliminate hunting from the discussion?