Best movie monologue.

As much as I like the speech from Col. Jessup, I have to go with Quint's eerie tale of the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

Just past the 1:00 mark of this speech, John Williams' forboding music starts up and just gives you chills throughout this scene. Brilliant!

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

Not one single monologue but a series of dialogue that amounts to a long monologue, from the greatest peasant ever.

Dennis! See the violence inherent in the system! :lol:

And from the world of business....

Edited by KD in CT

Another Christopher Walken great from the movie True Romance.....Sicilians.

The opera ("The Flower Duet") playing over this scene at the end was the same from "The Shawshank Redemption".

The commentary on the DVD talks about how they set the lighting for this scene for Hopper to do his side first. But he came to Tony Scott (RIP) and asked if he could have Walken how his side first because he thought he'd be able to react better. They had to have all the lighting redone, which is a big deal because these are all union guys that work the crew and it's a big expense. Scott agreed to it and it ended up being such a success - it appeared on an "Off Topic" thread on a forum for disappointed Buffalo Bills fans.

:rolleyes:

The opera ("The Flower Duet") playing over this scene at the end was the same from "The Shawshank Redemption".

The commentary on the DVD talks about how they set the lighting for this scene for Hopper to do his side first. But he came to Tony Scott (RIP) and asked if he could have Walken how his side first because he thought he'd be able to react better. They had to have all the lighting redone, which is a big deal because these are all union guys that work the crew and it's a big expense. Scott agreed to it and it ended up being such a success - it appeared on an "Off Topic" thread on a forum for disappointed Buffalo Bills fans.

:rolleyes:

Interesting...can't imagine how that scene would have been done in reverse...Hopper going first with the Sicilians story.

Interesting...can't imagine how that scene would have been done in reverse...Hopper going first with the Sicilians story.

It's not that they do it twice. they light it twice. They shot it several times in both lightings with several cameras, as was planned. That's how I understand it. Hopper just wanted to get a better feel for the scene from watching Walken do it first. That's how I understood the description.