Bills extend Toronto Series by 5 more years

FluffHead

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team cannot even sell out seven games a year and you folks B word that they move one to a nearby city to help revenue. Stop complaining and buy the damn tickets or stfu.

That is comical. And it's so backward. The Bills are there for entertainment purposes. If they are not entertaining, I can't blame people for not going. As RB would say, it's a business decision.

And if not supporting this garbage product means they move, then so be it. I'd rather the end be quick than this 20 year death they are putting us through.

Speaking as strictly a TV watcher I like Toronto games. They are automatically televised not blacked out.

I hope this year they wise up and make keep it a December game because they generally are blacked out when played at the Ralph.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Speaking as strictly a TV watcher I like Toronto games. They are automatically televised.

I hope this year they wise up and make it a December game because they generally are blacked out when played at the Ralph.

Kinda like they did this year??

No, but a team or any business needing a solid and stable source of revenue is a fact.

the irony of your statement of the obvious is that the Bills are a very profitable football team every year, no matter their "market size", the misfortunes of their host city nor their horrible performance on the field. The "solid and stable source of revenue" is the shared league revenue money. Everyone knows this. You have to work hard to lose money in the NFL. This isn't the NHL.

The Toronto games don't change any of that. That 78 million did nothing to maintain their "vialbility in WNY"--the new stadium deal did that. The extra money went to RW. It was all gravy.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Speaking as strictly a TV watcher I like Toronto games. They are automatically televised.

I hope this year they wise up and make keep it a December game because they generally are blacked out when played at the Ralph.

Unless you live in Syracuse (secondary market) and the opponent is an NFC squad and one of the two following holds true (1) Fox has the double header but the Giants are on at the same time or (2) Fox has the single header and the Giants are on Fox any time that day.

I don't care what the players think either. A lot of them suck and deserve to be booed.

But I do care that is sure looks like nothing has changed. Wouldn't you be pumped if RB came out and said they were ending it because it forfeited home field advantage and wasn't the right thing to do? I would have been.

Not me. I think playing in Toronto is the right thing to do. It makes the Bills less likely to move. This series gives the Bills the chance to compete with the Jerruhs and Bob Krafts of the league by generating income that is not shared. As for being the "right thing", right for whom? The fans who stay away in December? Who accuse OBD of every conspiracy? Like someone earlier posted, buy some damn tickets. Otherwise STFU.

PTR

we have the lowest ticket prices in the league. Why would a new owner coming in say, "oh, look, we play all the games at home, but that's ok, I'm glad they didn't renew the toronto series." The Tornoto game brings in $$$. I'm a season ticket holder and fine w/ it. It helps keep the team in Buffalo.

A winning team?! Once this team turns it around, people in Toronto will be coming to watch CJ Spiller, Mario Williams, our new QB, etc. The series is happening, so I like your question. Perhaps discounted tickets for BB season ticket holders to get them to come to TO for the game. This would also help tourism in TO and would enable the mayor to point to this as a good business deal for the city as well.

As simple as it is seems your suggestions make sense. Perhaps the Bills should take a lesson from the Pegula/Black approach and initiate a collaboration improvement plan with fans. I'm sure the Sabres have some key learnings they can share.

It's not "nonsense," it's called "facts." You may not like them, but you can't dispute it.

First, you are totally speculating at what "significantly" less means. The deal 5 years ago was a HUGE grab for Buffalo, now you "guess" without any evidence that it's the same as the Ralph. Then you suggest raising ticket prices, when the team has excess inventory for other games. The Real fans don't want to pay higher ticket prices at the Ralph, and Real fans might take a trip to Toronto to cheer on the team.

Unless you live in Syracuse (secondary market) and the opponent is an NFC squad and one of the two following holds true (1) Fox has the double header but the Giants are on at the same time or (2) Fox has the single header and the Giants are on Fox any time that day.

Another good point. They are automatically not blacked out is more correct.

Not me. I think playing in Toronto is the right thing to do. It makes the Bills less likely to move. This series gives the Bills the chance to compete with the Jerruhs and Bob Krafts of the league by generating income that is not shared. As for being the "right thing", right for whom? The fans who stay away in December? Who accuse OBD of every conspiracy? Like someone earlier posted, buy some damn tickets. Otherwise STFU.

PTR

this is about where I am on this. I drive from Rochester to the games, and spending my Sunday driving back and forth to Toronto is out of the question, so I'm kinda pizzed about losing a game a year. but when I am one of three people sitting in my section on week 13, or a division rivalry game, I can understand. I wish they would have forced the issue of preseason games, but as was expressed earlier, I feel like the league will be cutting some soon.

in the near future, preseason games will be reduced from 2 to just 1 home game per season.

the lost revenue will be made up by expanding the playoffs by one team per conference, resulting in one extra playoff game being played during the so called "wildcard" weekend.

7 teams make it per conference, with only the top seed getting a "bye".

It is not indicative of A loser franchise. It is indicative of THIS loser franchise. I really hate this move.

Who's going to buy the Bills in this scenario (100%financing) ?? My Uncle Fred?? I seriously doubt financing debt is going to be an issue for the new owners.

THEE number 1 priority should be to win games. Forcing home games on a reluctant market hasn't helped that goal and most would say hurt the Bills' ability to win home games. But this is clearly of secondary concern to RB. That is why I hate it..... for all Bills fans.

Funny, it's been an issue for most NFL owners. You may also want to see Snyder, Daniel. He financed almost all of the redskins and assumed debt.

So now that you're offbase and wrong, has your opinion changed?

the irony of your statement of the obvious is that the Bills are a very profitable football team every year, no matter their "market size", the misfortunes of their host city nor their horrible performance on the field. The "solid and stable source of revenue" is the shared league revenue money. Everyone knows this. You have to work hard to lose money in the NFL. This isn't the NHL.

The Toronto games don't change any of that. That 78 million did nothing to maintain their "vialbility in WNY"--the new stadium deal did that. The extra money went to RW. It was all gravy.

The bills are reported to make roughly 30 million a year. As previously stated, this isn't exactly a large amount considering their lack of loan payments.

Edited by jeremy2020

I think playing in Toronto is the right thing to do. It makes the Bills less likely to move.

It's amazing there are fans out there that still buy into this. Use some common sense. The new stadium deal makes us less likely to move for the next 7 years. The Toronto deal is a money grab that makes it more likely to lose 1 extra game per year. Five years ago it was unknown how this would play out, now we know - good for the bottom line but a disaster for the fans and players.

The bills are reported to make roughly 30 million a year. As previously stated, this isn't exactly a large amount considering their lack of loan payments.

Where are you getting this $30M figure from, Bleacher Report?

I totally agree with another poster. Raise the ticket prices at RW and make more money that way. This might clean up fan beahoir a little bit as well. Southern Ontario fans will come to the RW or better yet a stadium on the lakefront. This deal is not needed and supports the notion the area can't support a team. It will ultimately be used against the public when it is time to negotiate a new stadium.

First, you are totally speculating at what "significantly" less means. The deal 5 years ago was a HUGE grab for Buffalo, now you "guess" without any evidence that it's the same as the Ralph. Then you suggest raising ticket prices, when the team has excess inventory for other games. The Real fans don't want to pay higher ticket prices at the Ralph, and Real fans might take a trip to Toronto to cheer on the team.

Two points.

A. You obviously don't know how to do simple math.

B. The Bills only have excess inventory for one reason and for one reason only, and it has NOTHING to do with ticket prices. They have played one meaninful home game in December in the past 13 years . End of story!

$130 million in renovations, repairs, improvements to the Ralph and a new stadium on the horizon. Bills are moving to LA unless Toronto saves us. What a giant load. Bills aren't moving anywhere for at least 10 years and when they do it will be into that new stadium in BUFFALO. Economically viable my left one. They make money just by being in the NFL. Taking much less money to keep this joke going for another 5 years. Toronto is going to cut ticket prices by a ton. It makes no sense. Nobody likes it. Want to improve it? Keep the games HERE. Whatever little money they are making this time can be easily made up. Raise beer prices. Play a meaningful home game after December 1st. Make the playoffs and have a couple extra home games. There's your frickin extra money.

Where are you getting this $30M figure from, Bleacher Report?

I'm basing it mostly off Forbes. http://www.forbes.co...falo-bills-2/

There are other reports that seem to show years as much as 40.9 million and as low as 11 million. We'll never know for sure, but I'd say Forbes is the most accurate. Just to have it in perspective...Peyton Manning makes roughly 10 million less than the entire Bills organization and the Bills handed out almost 25 million in cash to Mario last year.

I apologize for not providing the link previously.

Edited by jeremy2020