Can we just go back to red helmets already.

r00tabaga

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red helmets looked like junk.

The team uniforms are now widely regarded as among the best in the entitre league. Why on Earth do people want to undo that?? Get over it, please.

I realize for a modest slice of the fan population who grew up with them, they seem normal, but the red was a blip in the team's history, and added only for the pathetic reason of trying to get Joe Ferguson to throw fewer INT's. Nobody thought they looked better then either.

never wanted the white helmets, red all day but no need to change the logo (unless it's my avatar of course, it would totally look bad azz)

White is boring and sheep mentality ... has no place in pro football, that's just stupid :thumbdown::doh::wallbash:

and more red in the uniform, red is aggressive and blue and white are passive.

I'd be happy if they pulled a Sabres and went Red, Black and Silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looks like the league has always been against us.

And NO to the prison unis.

The team needs it's own identity. Followiing everyone else is a sheep mentality. The pink they wear for the "cancer" awareness would give the Bills their own Identity. Pink could become the main color that the team could be identified with. Pink is like cotton candy which is sweet, just like the other poster said. That would be the Bills identity, "SWEET".

Pink pants would be the ultimate. Picture this, pink helmets with a dark red buffalo. White jersey, pink pants, bright red socks, and pink shoes. That would be so cool. :thumbsup:

Yes you are. Only because you are a fan. If you were a Pats fan you would say they have the best uniforms in the league. It's whatever you get used to seeing the most.

I dunno, I am not a Redskins fan, but I think they have the best looking uniforms in the league (burgundy jersey, yellow pants version). I think the Bills uniform now (minus the ugly collars that most teams have) are one of the better looking unis.

Maybe it is an age thing, but this seems like one of the more devisive issues of the day, for Bills fans. I grew up on the white helmets, loved the change from the standing to charging buffalo. However, never really liked the change to red helmets...and it was not popular back in 1984 when the change was made.

I am just ranting here but I had a hard time distinguishing between all of the white AFC helmets in the probowl. Between the Fins, Jets, Titans, Bills, Colts, etc I couldn't tell who was who. I know of 4 teams that are getting uni Nike redesigns this year (Jax, Miami, Bucs & Vikes) and wish we would ditch the "overly" blue. We had it right in the 90's with red socks & helmets. It was classic. The red endzones were iconic. You knew it was the Bills the instant you saw a highlight. We could still do the 60's throwbacks for a few games as I like those much better than the current set. Just miss the red. Anyone else just want the 90's set back?

Edit: I believe you need to wait 5 years for logo changes, not uni redesigns.

I told my wife, it used to be easy to spot the Bills in the Pro Bowl because of their red helmets, much tougher this year. Not as tough as most years though, since lately we haven't had many players in the game. With that said though, I like the new helmets, although not a huge fan of the way the stripe widens in the back, but I can live with that.

For what it's worth, Red helmuts didn't bring a championship... White one did!

True, but you have to be at least 60 years old to remember it? I am 50 and was still probably crawling to get places then. Probably the worst helmet in my memory was the one just prior to this with the red helmet, grey/white/blue striples, but then again that whole uniform was disgusting. 90's era was great, probably because we had a winning team-that helps.

yeah if it were my choice i would go with the blue helmet

Bills_display_image.png?1342197106

after thats its a virtual tie with the red or white helmet with me. i like them both, the red because its more unique and the white bc its a cleaner more classic look. im just glad we got rid of those stupid red stripes on the sides of the previous jersey

For what it's worth, Red helmuts didn't bring a championship... White one did!

Well, why don't we take the $130 Mil Stadium Renovation money and rebuild the "storied" Rockpile?

As I recall, we went to Red because everyone else in the AFC East had White, and that was why Fergy was throwing INT's. At least that was the story at the time! Really, I like both.

If you really want to do grey jerseys, it should be the 1946 Buffalo Bisons uniforms.

buffalo-bisons-1946uniforms_buffalo-bills-1949uniforms_aafc_buffalo-bills-1949-logo-buffalo-bill-cody-with-helmet-and-football-uniform-riding-a-buffalo_d.gif

Or go totally retro like the steelers with the Buffalo all-americans uniforms

1923_Buffalo.png

BD, first, thank you for the great post!

Second, Buffalo was too small? pretty interesting excuse by the NFL considering Buffalo was the 15th largest City in the country in 1950.

Terrible idea! Keep the helmets white and look like a pro team! Red is o.k. for pee wee league, but has no place in professional football (NFL). :thumbdown::doh::wallbash:

Not a terrible idea. I read some where the reason why they did it is so the QB could pick out his receivers better b/c they all look they same down the field .

HEY !! that's what happened to Fitz he didn't know he was throwing to the wrong guy :doh: !! He though b/c the helmets were the same colors that he was throwing to our guys ...

I'm in to go back to the old helmets then Fitz can go to the pro bowl too ... :w00t:

BD, first, thank you for the great post!

Second, Buffalo was too small? pretty interesting excuse by the NFL considering Buffalo was the 15th largest City in the country in 1950.

The NFL was using analytics in 1950 and realized that Buffao would continue to lose population. :)