Bleacher Report lists Bills-Giants Super Bowl as best of all time

vincec

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat. In my own mind I had a few others above it, even as a bills fan. But the argument made is a good one ... It was an epic struggle of contrasting styles right from the start. Very intense and never a lapse of interest. That giants drive at end of first half was painful. And i wish #1 of all time ended with the more appropriate sounding ending like the kicker making a long one for the win !

When will people learn: Bleacher Report doesn't "name" anything. Bleacher Report didn't decide, as a publishing company, that this game was #1. This particular author did. One writer. On a site with lots of writers, lots of content, lots of opinions, and very little expertise.

The best Superbowl in my mind was NE vs NYG (part I). Considering what was at stake - a perfect record - and the miraculous plays made by NYG in the waning minutes, it doesn't get any better than that. When you factor in the disgust for the Patsie franchise and golden boy Brady, the loss almost felt like a Bills Superbowl win!

I think that game proved that Marv Levy was nothing but a retread from the KC Chiefs who okayed all the terrible play - calling in that game and who made things even worse by becoming our G.M. and making horrible draft picks ! We should've ran Thurman into the ground that game !

When will people learn: Bleacher Report doesn't "name" anything. Bleacher Report didn't decide, as a publishing company, that this game was #1. This particular author did. One writer. On a site with lots of writers, lots of content, lots of opinions, and very little expertise.

Yea, on articles like this I'd rather see "Nick Kostos named it his favorite SB on BR"

The best Superbowl in my mind was NE vs NYG (part I). Considering what was at stake - a perfect record - and the miraculous plays made by NYG in the waning minutes, it doesn't get any better than that. When you factor in the disgust for the Patsie franchise and golden boy Brady, the loss almost felt like a Bills Superbowl win!

The game was a sleeper. The storyline of a perfect season was much better than the game itself.

You can say this was a bad superbowl with a good ending.

Edited by VADC Bills

correct

The only reason we are not flaming the OP is because it is pro bills. I am sure I could go to BR and look at 1,000 other wannabe's who said other Super Bowls were better, and post the link in a new thread and get flamed.

This^

I wonder if it's possible to post anything on this board without getting flamed. This is just a link so the title get's flamed. Classic.

In regards to the material at hand, my personal favorite was the Dallas - Pittsburgh SB that he lists as number 3. That game had an Ali - Frazier feel to it. Both teams coming off recent championships and clearly the two best teams of that era. The game was not bad either with a classic Staubach led Cowboys rally falling just short. Given the short memories of most of these lists just the fact that it's so high all these years later shows how memorable it was.