Don Banks of CNNSI has his 1st Mock Draft

These early mocks are useless, don't put too much stock in them. The combine and the seemingly endless draft process will change the draft board a lot. I like the Bills to go after a QB they see is worth it and go hard after a WR in free agency then spend the second rounder on a LB. WR is a huge need and if there isn't one at pick 8 or they want a QB at pick 8 I hope they realize that they need to invest big dollars at WR esp if there is one player there worth it like Bowe from KC.

I personally like the idea of trading for Matt Flynn (A third rounder no more than that) and using the top two picks to address other needs. That's mostly because I like Flynn better than I like the QB's in the draft and think we could use the picks better elsewhere.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how every no name draft honk seems to parrot every other no name draft honk. The one thing that these guys all say is he's immobile or has limited mobility. Sure, he's not RGIII or Kaepernick but to say he has limited mobility is laughable. What some of his tapes, he rolls of well and can move in the pocket. He's not a running QB but does that make him suck? He's as mobile, and I'd say more, than Brady. Three of the four conference final QBs were traditional pocket passers as are most all Super Bowl winners. I for one have no problem with this style QB and prefer it for longterm careers, Assuming a viable line.

I'm decidedly pro-Glennon. I like Wilson and I still think Barkely is a decent QB. No thanks to Smith or Nassib.

This guy seems to have had an opposite opinion of Glennon.

• North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon was already having a great week in Mobile but today was his best performance yet. Glennon really excelled going down the field deep, connecting on a number of long passes to multiple targets. Now Glennon had a bad moment or two as well but if there were any doubts about who the most impressive quarterback in this game was Glennon put them to rest today.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-123.php

Here is what he said about Nassib, both these comments are following Wednesdays practices

•Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib had what may have been his worst performance of the week so far but he's still been better than every signal caller in Mobile this week with the exception of Mike Glennon of NC St. and perhaps Tyler Wilson of Arkansas.

These early mocks are useless, don't put too much stock in them. The combine and the seemingly endless draft process will change the draft board a lot. I like the Bills to go after a QB they see is worth it and go hard after a WR in free agency then spend the second rounder on a LB. WR is a huge need and if there isn't one at pick 8 or they want a QB at pick 8 I hope they realize that they need to invest big dollars at WR esp if there is one player there worth it like Bowe from KC.

I personally like the idea of trading for Matt Flynn (A third rounder no more than that) and using the top two picks to address other needs. That's mostly because I like Flynn better than I like the QB's in the draft and think we could use the picks better elsewhere.

I tend to agree with everything you say here, except I think the Bills should be open to taking one of the two highly rated TEs (Ertz or Eifert) in the first round (if they can trade back) or in the second instead of a WR. Talk about a position that has been ignored for decades! Good WRs seem to be plentiful in this draft and can usually be found in the lower rounds.

Yes to Glennon best tools...highest ceiling, this would be a great choice.

Best tools?? Like what? Best arm? You mean best tool. That's all he is. A big arm. ZERO mobility. Questionable decisions. He's like a catapult. Can't move

This guy seems to have had an opposite opinion of Glennon.

• North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon was already having a great week in Mobile but today was his best performance yet. Glennon really excelled going down the field deep, connecting on a number of long passes to multiple targets. Now Glennon had a bad moment or two as well but if there were any doubts about who the most impressive quarterback in this game was Glennon put them to rest today.

http://www.draftcoun...s/North-123.php

Here is what he said about Nassib, both these comments are following Wednesdays practices

•Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib had what may have been his worst performance of the week so far but he's still been better than every signal caller in Mobile this week with the exception of Mike Glennon of NC St. and perhaps Tyler Wilson of Arkansas.

One big negative thing I see about Glennon is that he simply doesn't seem to have that natural confident "leader of men" quality. I suggest to anyone thinking Glennon would be good for the Bills, just go to this link and watch both Wilson's and Glennon's interviews. There's a stark difference between the two. One seems like a confident leader and the other appears to be an unsure manchild....

http://www.youtube.c...V?feature=watch

I'm warming up to Tyler Wilson. BTW, as far as teams looking for QBs in the first round, don't count out Tampa Bay (head coach doesn't like Freeman) and Dallas. Jerry Jones wants to shake things up, and you know he probably likes the Razorback's Wilson for obvious reasons. I could easily see Dallas taking Wilson in the first round.

Edited by 1billsfan

I love how every no name draft honk seems to parrot every other no name draft honk. The one thing that these guys all say is he's immobile or has limited mobility. Sure, he's not RGIII or Kaepernick but to say he has limited mobility is laughable. What some of his tapes, he rolls of well and can move in the pocket. He's not a running QB but does that make him suck? He's as mobile, and I'd say more, than Brady. Three of the four conference final QBs were traditional pocket passers as are most all Super Bowl winners. I for one have no problem with this style QB and prefer it for longterm careers, Assuming a viable line.

I'm decidedly pro-Glennon. I like Wilson and I still think Barkely is a decent QB. No thanks to Smith or Nassib.

Glennon was sacked 36 times last year. None of the other QBs that are being considered in the 1st had more than 19 (geno). Take into account OL, no doubt, but almost triple the sacks of nassib, Wilson, Barkley, jones. He's NOT mobile. He IS slow. He HAS issues with decision making. To say he doesn't have "limited mobility" is laughable. He's about to play vs nfl defense....not those "tremendous" acc defenses.

I tend to agree with everything you say here, except I think the Bills should be open to taking one of the two highly rated TEs (Ertz or Eifert) in the first round (if they can trade back) or in the second instead of a WR. Talk about a position that has been ignored for decades! Good WRs seem to be plentiful in this draft and can usually be found in the lower rounds.

I wouldn't mind taking a tight end by trading back a few spots (Maybe recoup the third you would give up in trying to get Flynn) but WR's picked in the later rounds tend to have less of an impact their rookie years. Unless its a Megatron or AJ Green WR's usually don't have mega impact year one. I think if you want to help the WR position next season you need a proven player.

If the Bills dont take a QB at 8 Im starting to like the idea of Alec Ogletree or maybe even OT Eric Fisher if he is still there

Im a big believer in using premium picks on lineman

Edited by Max997

ZERO mobility. He's like a catapult. Can't move

He's more mobile than Flacco, Brady, or Ryan - 3 QBs that just played in the conference finals. He's far more mobile than that lumbering hack Jim Kelly we had. What a dud that guy was.

Look at this statue...

Edited by QCity

I'd rather see the Bills trade away multiple picks in order to move up to #3 (swap with Raiders) and get the first QB off the board. That's IF KC or Jax dont go QB first...

Edit: Looking back over that mock, if we were to stay at 8 and 2 QBs were gone already, Id rather have any of the players in picks 9-13 than Glennon (or Te'o) at #8. JMHO.

Edited by DrDareustein

I'd rather see the Bills trade away multiple picks in order to move up to #3 (swap with Raiders) and get the first QB off the board. That's IF KC or Jax dont go QB first...

Edit: Looking back over that mock, if we were to stay at 8 and 2 QBs were gone already, Id rather have any of the players in picks 9-13 than Glennon (or Te'o) at #8. JMHO.

Me too. Glennon scares the crap out of me. That being said, I think our best course of action is, 1- try and trade down and accumulate more picks. Acquiring a pick in next years draft would be amazing. Then take the best players available at LB/pass rusher, CB, OL, WR/TE with our top 3-4 picks. Acquire Alex Smith/Flynn if they can be had for less than a 2nd. Let them lead the team next season and maneuver picks next year to try and acquire one of the many better QB prospects in next years draft. Trading smith or Flynn in the deal next year along with picks. If we can't get smith or Flynn, grab Dysert or manuel in the 3rd if he's available. If Dysert or manuel is our QB next year, we'll likely have a high pick next year. Next years crop of QBs is much better IMO. If we mortgage our future on a QB in this years draft, I think we could be in trouble. The only guy I really like this year is geno, and I'm not sold in the least. We picked the worst year to draft a QB. Either get the best QB of the group or wait to draft a guy with upside (manuel) or smarts (Dysert) with a lower pick as opposed to using a 1st in order to get a QB that might be slightly better. That being said, I think our FO will likely take the best available QB at #8. Likely nassib or tyler Wilson.

He's more mobile than Flacco, Brady, or Ryan - 3 QBs that just played in the conference finals. He's far more mobile than that lumbering hack Jim Kelly we had. What a dud that guy was.

Look at this statue...

I still think he's a statue. If he can see the defense so well, being 6'7 and is mobile and a good decision maker, why did he have 36 sacks taken? 17 picks. He threw 0 picks in 5 games. He threw 2+ picks in 5 games and 1 pick in 3 games. I don't like his mobility and decision making. I LOVE his arm. That being said, I don't want him @ #8. If he's the pick, ill root for him like crazy, but I envision the move blowing up in our face.

but I envision the move blowing up in our face.

I won't disagree with that - he's extremely raw. I question if he could even step in and be a first-year starter for us. But like you said, it's a very weak QB class. He may be a slightly riskier pick, but I see him having the highest ceiling out of this class.

I like Glennon. I am curious how much he improves in the next few months. A lot of NFL level correction occurs in these QB pre draft

training camps. Once you get NFL level instruction and 24 hours in the day to train without having to go to school you see good players become elite. You can't teach arm strength but every thing else is correctable.

This is total BS. You don't improve overnight and it takes more than a couple monthes to improve. If your theory was in fact true, then every backup QB in the NFL would have a legit shot of starting somewhere.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

I like the computer's choices better at DraftTek (I'm biased)!

Bills' Comments in the first 2 Rounds are my own.

Astro

I would be real happy with that draft too.

Pettine and Jordan would make lots of Bills fans happy and Phins, Jests, and Patsies fans sad.

I was hopping it would be Wilson not Jones, but I can live with Jones in the second.

The fact that this makes sense means almost assuredly it will not happen.