Tim Brown is Losing His Mind

U

Ugh, i was there. I have no doubt if the Bills put out maximum effort during the week, players and coaches paying attention to every last detail and not partying, they would've won that game. I wonder how many ex-Bills think about that week leading up to the Giants game and wish they could go back in time and play the week differently.

While living in San Diego duing the early 90's i meet some of the Chargers that year hanging out at some clubs out there . Well known players, won't drop who they were but they said the same thing, it was well known that the Bills were parting like it was 1999 the First Super Bowl. And again in Pasadina.

I Darren Woodson said the same thing on NFL live on Espn. Makes you wonder if they took it more like a one in a lifetime chance to win they would have stopped the parting for one weekend and be more fresh for the game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd expect him to admit it? He'd never work again. Go down in infamy with the likes of Chicago black socks. When put into that context one realizes the severity of what brown and rice are implying.

No, but shouldn't he come out & denied it just for appearances

While living in San Diego duing the early 90's i meet some of the Chargers that year hanging out at some clubs out there . Well known players, won't drop who they were but they said the same thing, it was well known that the Bills were parting like it was 1999 the First Super Bowl. And again in Pasadina.

I Darren Woodson said the same thing on NFL live on Espn. Makes you wonder if they took it more like a one in a lifetime chance to win they would have stopped the parting for one weekend and be more fresh for the game.

One of the big WTFs in my life. Have the best party of all time for 6 months after the Super Bowl, not before it!

No, but shouldn't he come out & denied it just for appearances

Here is Callahan’s full response:

“There are many people who are disappointed by the outcome of Super Bowl XXVII, but none more than me. While I fully understand a competitive professional football player’s disappointment when a game’s outcome doesn’t go his team’s way, I am shocked, saddened and outraged by Tim Brown’s allegations and Jerry Rice’s support of those allegations made through various media outlets over the last twenty four hours. To leave no doubt, I categorically and unequivocally deny the sum and substance of their allegations. Like every game I ever coached on the professional or collegiate level, I endeavor to the best of my professional ability to position my team to win. To suggest otherwise, especially at this time when it involved the Super Bowl, is ludicrous and defamatory. I have always honored the spirit of competition that drives us to sport as children and, for the luck few, sustains us in adulthood. Any suggestion that I would undermine the integrity of the sport that I love and dedicate my life to, or dishonor the commitment I made to our players, coaches and fans, is flat out wrong. I think it would be in the best interests of all including the game America loves that these allegations be retracted immediately. I want to extend my personal and my family’s deep appreciation to the coaches, players and fans who have come forward and thoughtfully spoken out against these ill-conceived allegations.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Callahan-Statement-Vehemently-Denies-Brown%E2%80%99s-Allegations-/121eab0d-ad3c-4d37-8834-e8f7eb6f64f6

Seems to be implying potential legal action with use of "defamatory" and calling for immediate statement retraction in "best interests of all." How so? Its brown and rice's opinion, I would think they can say whatever they want

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

sabatoge ??.....i doubt it

bad coaching ??......absolutely !!

All-Pro center Barrett Robbins pleaded with his coach not to change his game plan with less than 36 hours til game time.

Robbins was so upset, even distraught over it, that it directly led to Robbins going AWOL and missing the game.

The only thing certain after that "retraction" is...that Tim can forget about Canton this year.

Andre sends his regards....

If Tim Brown had any balls, he would come out today and say that the HOF voters are sabotaging his enshrinement, have Jerry Rice and Charlie Garner back him up, and then Barrett Robbins chime in from his jail cell or loony bin, wherever he is residing now.

Have they tested Brown's brain for CTE yet?

:lol:

sabatoge ??.....i doubt it

bad coaching ??......absolutely !!

All-Pro center Barrett Robbins pleaded with his coach not to change his game plan with less than 36 hours til game time.

Robbins was so upset, even distraught over it, that it directly led to Robbins going AWOL and missing the game.

No, that was his bipolar disorder.

It doesn't look like a back track so much as a clarification. He said from the outset that he couldn't prove what was going on in Callahan's mind, but these were the facts.

He couldn't prove what was going on in Callahan's mind, but he knows as fact that Callahan "sabotaged" the Raiders in the Super Bowl? Okay.... :rolleyes:

He couldn't prove what was going on in Callahan's mind, but he knows as fact that Callahan "sabotaged" the Raiders in the Super Bowl? Okay.... :rolleyes:

That's not what he said .....

"It's hard to say that the guy sabotaged the Super Bowl. You know, can you really say that? That can be my opinion, but I can't say for a fact that that's what his plan was, to sabotage the Super Bowl. ... That's hard to say, because you can't prove it."