Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58.5% completion percentage... in college football? That to me just shows significant inaccuracy, which you cant really teach.

Also he was sacked 36 times. Which has a bit of a Losman factor that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

PASS

Very good points that I don't think folks should ignore. People think of Fitz as the most inaccurate passer ever and he completes 60% in the pros. The ACC is a very down conference and the sack stat is terrible. Speaks to a lack of pocket prescence.

It's amazing how much people fall in love with big arms. But what good is a big arm if you are inaccurate and can't get the pass off. Also, the list of tall QBs that succeed in the league is very small. Once guys get past 6'5" for whatever reason, they struggle to play in the pro game.

Very good points that I don't think folks should ignore. People think of Fitz as the most inaccurate passer ever and he completes 60% in the pros. The ACC is a very down conference and the sack stat is terrible. Speaks to a lack of pocket prescence.

It's amazing how much people fall in love with big arms. But what good is a big arm if you are inaccurate and can't get the pass off. Also, the list of tall QBs that succeed in the league is very small. Once guys get past 6'5" for whatever reason, they struggle to play in the pro game.

Watch videos/game tapes and see how many of his passes were dropped by his receivers! As far as sacks, he played behing one of the most putrid lines in college football. He and Geno Smith's offensive lines were pedestrian at best. Go on YouTube and watch the games, not his highlights, and see for yourself how many passes were dropped by receivers. The height thing is pure madness. By the way this years Super Bowl MVP and winning QB is 6'6".

Edited by the skycap

Big Ben is 6-5, gets sacked a lot, and has two SB wins.

Bucky Brooks says Glennon is the franchise QB in this years draft. Bigtime arm ,can make all the throws on a rope. Lists several big games he came up with great wins and efforts. Deadly deep. Kinda reminds him of Flacco. Faster than Nassib in the forty at 6-7. Receivers dropped many balls in games this year. Typical pocket passer,which still thrives today. Quick release. Geno,. Barkley and Glennon ,Manuel are my QBs who I would be happy with.

i think that i generally agree with that list as i settle into an opinion on some of these guys behind Geno and Barkley. Glennon and Manuel are the ones i have a hardest time eliminating from my list.

if we are going to grind games out, having a qb to keep safeties honest over the top every now and again will be huge. glennon certainly has that. flacco is the natural comparison.

Edited by NoSaint

i think that i generally agree with that list as i settle into an opinion on some of these guys behind Geno and Barkley. Glennon and Manuel are the ones i have a hardest time eliminating from my list.

if we are going to grind games out, having a qb to keep safeties honest over the top every now and again will be huge. glennon certainly has that. flacco is the natural comparison.

I have read reports that the Cardinals would love to select him with their second round pick ahead of us.

I watched him in a gaime against Maryland last year Once he got into rythm in the second half he was a passing virtuoso. His receivers dropped a lot of passes. It didn't deter him. He went right back at the same receivers and kept on with the deluge of pretty passes. His throws were high caliber NFL throws. He fit in some beautfiful passes in tight spots. He also demonstrated his potent arm by airing out a number of throws.

He is going to need a little more time to get bigger and acclimate himself to the pro game. But there is a good chance that he could ultimately be the best qb in this draft. I do have concerns with his lack of mobility but he does have a quick release to offset the pressure. If the Bills are pegging him as their franchise qb I would like to see them trade down a tad and then take him in the first round. I don't believe that he will be there in the second round for us. If the Bills decide to lock him up with their 8th pick I won't be one to complain.

John, he can get bigger eating some of the delicious foods that are cooked at various restaurants in the Buffalo/Niagara region cause I'm a living testament. As a matter of fact the Bills can begin the process by inviting him in for dinner and an interview at Tempo or the Chophouse, lol. Seriously, I'm glad you spoke upon the dropped passes by his receivers and his passing ability. Everyone cries about the many holes on our roster but fail to realize that we can address some holes via FA. Just because the Bills haven't made any moves yet doesn't mean that they won't. There is also another stage of FA that happens after the draft. So, if the Bills happen to draft Glennon at 8 or even later in the draft I'd be very happy.

I'll riot for whoever they pick, or acquire, if they do it at #8 ;)

Agreed. Taking a QB at 8 this year is a somewhat wasted #8 pick. Pick a QB at 8 and he needs to be able to start week 1. None of these guys can do that without getting killed and all also have highly uncertain upsides, all of them. Let's take that risk in the 2nd round, not the 1st.. right?

Agreed. Taking a QB at 8 this year is a somewhat wasted #8 pick. Pick a QB at 8 and he needs to be able to start week 1. None of these guys can do that without getting killed and all also have highly uncertain upsides, all of them. Let's take that risk in the 2nd round, not the 1st.. right?

We would all love to wait until round 2 to get our guy...but the QB's are notoriously snatched up earlier than later. Wilson and Kaepernick dropped for unknown reasons. I suspect teams will be more aggressive in reaching for a QB early even if he is pegged as a round 2 or later prospect.

silly to consider take Glennon at 8. there will definitely be better guys left in the 2nd round, and probably the 3rd. rather have Tyler Wilson, Nassib, Manuel, Scott... any of them. i know there are comparisons to matt ryan, so maybe i'm wrong... but he lacks, to vary degrees, athleticism, poise, pocket presence, leadership, accuracy, and is built like a twig. he was bad in his bowl game, bad at the senior bowl... maybe in the 5th or 6th round for me.

Granted I have not seen Dysert or Bray actually play, but i'd still take them over this guy who I have. I'd maybe take him over Landry Jones... that's about it.

Watch videos/game tapes and see how many of his passes were dropped by his receivers! As far as sacks, he played behing one of the most putrid lines in college football. He and Geno Smith's offensive lines were pedestrian at best. Go on YouTube and watch the games, not his highlights, and see for yourself how many passes were dropped by receivers. The height thing is pure madness. By the way this years Super Bowl MVP and winning QB is 6'6".

Nailed it. Averaged 11 drops a game.

silly to consider take Glennon at 8. there will definitely be better guys left in the 2nd round, and probably the 3rd. rather have Tyler Wilson, Nassib, Manuel, Scott... any of them. i know there are comparisons to matt ryan, so maybe i'm wrong... but he lacks, to vary degrees, athleticism, poise, pocket presence, leadership, accuracy, and is built like a twig. he was bad in his bowl game, bad at the senior bowl... maybe in the 5th or 6th round for me.

Granted I have not seen Dysert or Bray actually play, but i'd still take them over this guy who I have. I'd maybe take him over Landry Jones... that's about it.

I'd rather have Scott but unfortunately, the fact is that this is a bad year for quarterbacks. There are problems with all of them. I just hope that their need for a QB doesn't delude the Bills into thinking any of these guys are likely to be a franchise QB. The difference between the third best guy and the seventh best QB prospect is marginal this year.

Or even wait to the third.

Very, VERY bad pocket presence. Flacco arm strength, but not accurate. Fitzpatrick" decision maker". Low % in a weak conference. Sounds like a high priced clipboard holder to me. Don't want him or Landry Jones. IMO neither will be a starter in the NFL

Very bad pocket presence with a not so good offensive line. His pocket presence is very underrated to me. I implore you to watch video. He slides around pocket well. Took many hits because of poor protection. His accuracy takes a hit because of the many dropped passes. Can make all the throws, has excellent anticipation and very motivated to be great.

Very bad pocket presence with a not so good offensive line. His pocket presence is very underrated to me. I implore you to watch video. He slides around pocket well. Took many hits because of poor protection. His accuracy takes a hit because of the many dropped passes. Can make all the throws, has excellent anticipation and very motivated to be great.

This is true. Faster than Nassib,Landry Jones, Tyler Bray.

This is true. Faster than Nassib,Landry Jones, Tyler Bray.

So what? What is this infatuation you have with speed in a QB? On the scale of 1-10, it's probably a 3 in the grand scheme of things. I'm guessing you's pass on Brady and Peyton Manning in your fantasy draft. These two suck because they are slower than 90 weight oil in the frozen tundra.

So what? What is this infatuation you have with speed in a QB? On the scale of 1-10, it's probably a 3 in the grand scheme of things. I'm guessing you's pass on Brady and Peyton Manning in your fantasy draft. These two suck because they are slower than 90 weight oil in the frozen tundra.

But their tall,can see in the pocket.