Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

This is true. The "draft boards" that are constantly changing are the draft boards of mock draft speculators and commentators, not of NFL teams.

And all it takes is for an agent to buy some blogger a couple of drinks and let it "slip" that a couple of NFL teams have called about his client.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Hater is comparing them as QBs, only in so much as they have seemingly shot draft boards via word of mouth and hype in a weak class.

That's exactly right, nobody was talking about Mike Glennon until after the Clemson game, just like Gabbert was talked until after the Insight Bowl

• 2 weeks later...

The more I am reading about Glennon, the more I am starting to hope that he will be our pick. I know some people have been down on him due to his bowl performance, but I am starting to think he may be the right pick at #8.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mb-draft-boards

"I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble."

He reminds me of Bernie Kosar only not as good. He does flash a great throw now and then but this kid needs a lot of work.

He reminds me of Bernie Kosar only not as good. He does flash a great throw now and then but this kid needs a lot of work.

Yea, he might be decent in about 4 years behind a solid O line...

"Everything you've seen and read about him being a statuesque pocket passer is true and concerns about his accuracy down the middle of the field and being frenetic when under pressure are valid" There's work to be done on him but the consensus is that his arm has potential and that might be enough for a team to fall in love with him with a Top-30 pick.

http://www.cbssports...players/1630353

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/mike-glennon-scouting-report.html from the nepatriots.com

Why draft a guy this year who will take 2-4 years to develop when they can draft a guy next year ready to start.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Noooooo!

Gaine Blabert is a stronger prospect that Glennon. I haven't seen one impressive game from him, and I tried. I really tried.

I just don't get it.

If you watch an actual game and not read the hype or highlight reels, you couldn't pick him out. He is an average to below average college QB.

I live in Charlotte and there's a ton of NC State grads. They don't get why he's getting all this attention. They say he can throw it 75 yards but chooses to throw it 5 all game long. He's going to impress in the combine with an unbelievable arm and someone will bite. I hope it's not the Bills because I agree with your assesment of him. He's a statue that checks down constantly and you won't find an impressive game on him.

I live in Charlotte and there's a ton of NC State grads. They don't get why he's getting all this attention. They say he can throw it 75 yards but chooses to throw it 5 all game long. He's going to impress in the combine with an unbelievable arm and someone will bite. I hope it's not the Bills because I agree with your assesment of him. He's a statue that checks down constantly and you won't find an impressive game on him.

pretty much sums him up. Everyone falls in love with the arm potential however thats all it is the heart and brain aint there with it.

He was sacked like 60+ times his last 2 years in college. I don't care how bad your oline is, you need to be better at avoiding sacks. Any QB can be decent when give all day to throw. A guy who can't handle pressure in college isn't likely to get better at it in the pros. Pass.

...and being frenetic when under pressure are valid" There's work to be done on him but the consensus is that his arm has potential and that might be enough for a team to fall in love with him with a Top-30 pick.

This was evident in the Senior Bowl too - he panics with any pressure, and dumps it off too much, even when there is no real pressure.

Basically he is a less accurate Trent Edwards. No thanks.

I keep hearing Glennon throws a good deep ball, but not much else.

Who was it that said that one of the best indicators of future NFL success is accuracy? You can't teach it, so they need to bring it with them. From what I hear, Glennon just isn't particularly accurate.

Then again, all these QBs have some flaw or another.

for all those claiming Glennon refuses to throw the deep ball and just checks down all game, take a look at these highlights from the Clemson game. Two of his first three completions were bombs for touchdowns. true he had some bad interceptions in this game but i'm not arguing that his accuracy is great. only that he has a great long ball and he uses it a lot. I graduated from NCSTATE in 2006 and I've watched nearly every football game during that time and since then. Glennon has had no help during his time at State as he has played behind a miserable o.line (just look at the rushing totals per game, some of the worst in the nation and the Pack seroiusly tried to run) and his wr's were mediocre at best. one game in particular against UNC they were really awful...11 dropped passes....are you seious??!

Not even Phillip Rivers would have put up good numbers with these guys.

just saying....

I've said it before, and I'll say it for the 4323423423x, it would be a mistake to draft Glennon anywhere near the first few rounds. 4th and on as a project, maybe. I live in Raleigh and have seen plenty of his games. He's slow and plotting, and falls apart when the game is on the line. He's not impressive in any way, but could be good as a project if we saw fit. See if we could coach him up, but as he is now, he's not worth a pick in the first few rounds. Stay away OBD!

I've said it before, and I'll say it for the 4323423423x, it would be a mistake to draft Glennon anywhere near the first few rounds. 4th and on as a project, maybe. I live in Raleigh and have seen plenty of his games. He's slow and plotting, and falls apart when the game is on the line. He's not impressive in any way, but could be good as a project if we saw fit. See if we could coach him up, but as he is now, he's not worth a pick in the first few rounds. Stay away OBD!

I lived in Apex the last few years, and saw all of his games, that arm is legit. He's at least as good of a prospect as Mallett.

Look at all of us NC people chiming in! Love it!

Russel Wilson went in the 3rd and none of you (myself included) think for a second that Glennon was better than Wilson was during his time in Raleigh...so why would/should he go #8 overall?!

My 2 cents..Bledsoe is faster!

Sadly I had to move to Maryland in December. But I think,and thought Wilson should have been a second rounder last season. And no Glennon shouldn't go higher than Wilson did,but he probably will.