Stadium Renovation renderings

Punch

Russ is cheap. Actually Radecic said this process began in 2011, so Russ must have been moving things along while Ralph was involved. That interview with Murph was taped so no callers. I wanted to know if they were going to create some development that would be open year round, like a sports bar, in that atrium. I guess the Bills store and hall of fame would be. I just see what Patriot Place has become in new England and ask why the Bills don't try to make a mini version of that?

PTR

Well, that's a great idea. Would love to see that happen , too.

I'll have check into what New England's got....

Edited by Yonder_d7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better team store is a part of that, but I guess if I just negotiated public money for stadium improvements, I wouldn't include renderings of a shiny new team store if I was only releasing 5 pictures.

I hear ya.

The money that went to things that that will be obvious to fans.... I'm guessing they picked the high-impact/lowest cost sort of of things to complete for this project since money was somewhat limited. SInce we're really not talking about a whole lot of money compared to what other stadium facelifts have cost teams, I'm happy with what they're doing. It really is lipstick on a pig, but I'm cool with that since most of this money is going to make sure the thing doesn't fall down where we're in it. I'm sure they just wanted to throw in some extras so the fans can at least SEE some end product since there's been so much debate over public money going into this. Wider concourses, etc are no doubt needed but the cost would be huge. TVs in the pot would have been great though, you're right. It's weird they still don't have them.

I do like the idea the firm discussed.... that you need a better front door, that it needs to light up at night... I agree.

It would be nice to update the concession stands and the bathrooms, but I have to confess that the renderings are not all that inspiring. There's nothing in all the jagged shapes and glass that says "football" or "buffalo" or even "sporting event" to me. It looks pretty generic and relatively cheap without any "wow that's cool" ideas.

Wouldn't it be great if they went for the brass ring and build a new top of the line facility and forget putting lipstick on this pig?

Edited by vincec

It would be nice to update the concession stands and the bathrooms, but I have to confess that the renderings are not all that inspiring. There's nothing in all the jagged shapes and glass that says "football" or "buffalo" or even "sporting event" to me. It looks pretty generic and relatively cheap without any "wow that's cool" ideas.

Wouldn't it be great if they went for the brass ring and build a new top of the line facility and forget putting lipstick on this pig?

this is just a 10 year band aid. The general idea is to hold us over until a new one is built.

They're going to spend 130 million to fix up the stadium and then if the team is still here move to a new location and build a new stadium.

Most of this seems like a waste of money. Use 100 of the 130 million to start the process of building a new stadium now and 30 million to bandiad the stadium for a next few years.

They're going to spend 130 million to fix up the stadium and then if the team is still here move to a new location and build a new stadium.

Most of this seems like a waste of money. Use 100 of the 130 million to start the process of building a new stadium now and 30 million to bandiad the stadium for a next few years.

Not that I don't agree but 100 million would probably be enough to get the land purchased and the foundation poured and that's about it. A new stadium is going to cost more than the team is worth. A new stadium won't be built for at least 5 years I would think so improving the fan experience/safety now is an investment they need to make.

Did anyone watch the video? http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Former-Bills-linebacker-returns-to-architect-Ralph-Wilson-Stadium-renovations/24219635-55c0-4a2d-8dba-9b9a37d9bc86?campaign=BillsBuzz I had to do a double-take at the 3:13 mark. Yes, he did say vomitories. Here's the definition (I assume he's using the third meaning): vom·i·to·ry (vm-tôr, -tr)

adj.

Inducing vomiting; vomitive.

n. pl. vom·i·to·ries

1. Something that induces vomiting.

2. An aperture through which matter is discharged.

3. One of the tunnellike passages of an amphitheater or stadium between the seats and the outside wall or passageway.

Here's the definition (I assume he's using the third meaning): vom·i·to·ry (vm-tôr, -tr)

adj.

Inducing vomiting; vomitive.

n. pl. vom·i·to·ries

1. Something that induces vomiting.

2. An aperture through which matter is discharged.

3. One of the tunnellike passages of an amphitheater or stadium between the seats and the outside wall or passageway.

That's hysterical. Lord knows over the past 13 or so seasons we've had plenty of vomitories on the field matching the 1st definition.

Yeah, good luck with that

$100million might be enough to purchase the land and get the design work started for it

Then, in 7-10 years what do you do with the stadium when the Bills leave and theres no team to use it here?

The point of this is to fix up the Ralph to bring it up to a somewhat minimum/respectible standard for an NFL facility and keep it alive for 10 more years, and when new ownership is worked out and its determined if Buffalo will still have an NFL team in 10 years time, they can start the discussions on building a new permanent facility. They aren't going to start anything to build a new stadium until Ralph is gone and a new owner buys the team because the lease only somewhat guarantees that the team is in Buffalo for atleast 7 years.

I find it funny that there are complaints about a new store being built and how this money should not be used to build anything that can generate increased revenue for the team, coming from a fan base that throws tantrums because Ralph won't get a corporate sponsors name on the stadium. Why would you not want the money to go to help increase the teams revenue and make them more money? Thats the only way to help make sure the team can stay in Buffalo long term, by increasing the money they can make. The government is going to lose alot more then what they are putting in if the team is no longer in buffalo.......

One thing I am really nervous about in this restoration are the Bills plans for the restrooms. From what I have read they are going to "upgrade restrooms". That does not mean expand or add more. i am afraid an upgrade would mean, tearing out the troughs and adding urinals, adding cup shelves and tv screens with audio. That is actually not a good thing if they do not add or expand them. If you add urninals, far fewer men will be able to piss at one time actually making the wait to piss even longer. I don't care how nice they are, you can't put lipstick on a pig, I want to be able to piss and get the F out and back to watching the game.

One thing I am really nervous about in this restoration are the Bills plans for the restrooms. From what I have read they are going to "upgrade restrooms". That does not mean expand or add more.

You may be right, but I don't think there's anything in the phrase "upgrading restrooms" that explicitly means they are not necessarily expanding or adding more. That very well could be what is meant by "upgrade".

In the Bills Focus video around the 1:40 mark he explicitly says "additional concession stands" and "adding new restrooms"