Poll: Should the "Redskins" name be changed?

Just in Atlanta

Redskins Name Change  

539 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "Redskins" name be changed?

• Yes. It's a derogatory word and the NFL should set a good example.
    • No. It's not derogatory to most people and changing it would set a bad example.
    • Maybe. I don't have a strong opinion but I wouldn't be fazed by a name change.
  2. 2. How many of the following statements capture your views?

• It's insensitive to have a team name that denotes skin color.
    • I'm deeply offended; it's borderline bigotry.
    • It's a politically-correct manufactured controversy.
    • Another example of a select "offended" few forcing their PC views on everyone.
    • The term doesn't bother me but it is offensive to many others.
    • I value tradition in this debate.
    • Why is this even an issue?

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will spare you that, because that's not what I said. You sound the most offended of all here, so maybe I'll stop and just suggest some history books.

What would I learn from these books that would change my stance?

And I probably am more offended than anyone else because I'm the only person in this thread making a rational argument. The race crowd has cried wolf so many times that when I hear someone cry racism there is a strong presumption that the person making the claim is full of ****. And that's because during my lifetime the overwhelming majority of allegations of racism have either been overblown or outright bogus.

Edited by Rob's House

And I probably am more offended than anyone else because I'm the only person in this thread making a rational argument. The race crowd has cried wolf so many times that when I hear someone cry racism there is a strong presumption that the person making the claim is full of ****. And that's because during my lifetime the overwhelming majority of allegations of racism have either been overblown or outright bogus.

Just remember that you ain't no monument to justice.

You're gonna love this idiocy...

Just remember that you ain't no monument to justice.

But groveling at the feet of every person who cries 'racism' doesn't equal justice, even if the professional victims groups think it does.

The Hallmark video being just another in an endless string of examples.

Oh!!! now you're offended!!! Okay, as long as something's not personal to you...It's Okay. Gotcha.

I was kidding...I'm still not offended :nana:

You could call them the Metropolitan Malignant Malnourished Mexicans, for all I care!

(My wife is Mexican, and my kids are starving.)