OT: Browns Hire Rob Chudzinski (HC)

buffalo1983

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the NFL Network (Casserly, Wyche, etc) screaming the praises of Chudzinski as a great hire. Respected coordinator, connections in the NFL....yadda....

Seems like I heard that praise before....

Moral of the story. Take everything your hear from the NFL Network about GMs and coaching hires with a grain of salt. They are here to market the NFL, not criticize.

I haven't really herd of this guy but something about a coordinator that sits in a both instead of being with his playing isn't something I look for in a head coach

He was a quality HC at Boston College. The way he was fired was ridiculous and he had a major hand (iirc) in Matt Ryan's development. I don't think this is a bad hire and I love the Norv hire. Hopefully Cleveland will be back along with the Bills!

Here in Cleveland, a number of local tweets indicated potential mass suicide over the Chud hiring.

That said, he's actually a decent pick, and may be better than someone like Chip Kelly over the long haul. Longtime NFL assistant, coordinator with three different teams, and fairly young at 44.

By the way, the Factory of Sadness guy has his own local comedy TV show. The Factory of Sadness video and his cat video are hilarious, but that's about it.

This is his cat video -- NSFW due to language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4

Edited by TheFourHorsemen

@mortreport: Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski will be the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, per league source. Browns have not confirmed yet.

Glad I'm not a Browns fan, could you imagine if we signed this guy.

Quite frankly watching the rest of the League we are coming up aces, every one else looks indecisive and desperate.

I think Norv has proven that he's an average head coach but an above average offensive coordinator.

This is the right position for Norv and probably makes it easier for the Browns to sell Chudzinski to their fanbase.

Many people on this board were good with the Bills hiring Lovie Smith as HC as long as he brought Norv Turner (or to a lesser degree Pat Shurmur) with him.

This would be a similar package deal.

Not me I would have lost all hope with that set up, old school cronies getting left behind, sounds very similar to a team that I can't think of right now that had Chan Gailey and Dave Wanstadt ...

Glad I'm not a Browns fan, could you imagine if we signed this guy.

Quite frankly watching the rest of the League we are coming up aces, every one else looks indecisive and desperate.

like someone else mentioned, Chud was a popular interview last year, and has long ties to the cleveland area. he could work out alright. he could be a flop.

i imagine he looks worse from the outside, kind of like fans of other teams saying "you got the third best college coach prospect, a guy that was .500 in the big east and you are happy?!?!?" coming up aces is a bit relative. we got our guy though, and thats cool. if kelly was our #1 choice as well, we both ended up with plan b. i prefer ours obviously, but...

i havent followed chuds career that closely (especially his time in cleveland twice before). the fact that teams keep letting him walk and then rehiring him quickly is an interesting trend.

Edited by NoSaint

From the Browns message board......

They seem to be happy, Chud is a life long Browns Fan.

Jauron?! wow these guys are clueless.

I think we are getting one of the best DCs in the Biz, co-developer of the Rex Ryan defense with out all the hot air and is flexible to the players and game situations. Plus focus on fundamentals and tackling I did back flips when he said that.

All I can say after perusing that Browns message board, is -- damn, they're just like us. But they allow swearing.

Well, there is that old saying, "They cloned Buffalo, and got Cleveland" B-)

For once, however, I can say I feel sorry for them. I actually like Browns fans, and it looks like their front office/GM/coaching sitch is just all kinds of effed up - even worse than OBD seemed just two weeks ago.

In a week, they went from Chip Kelly to Rob Chudzinski??? That's like us 3 years ago, going from Shanahan to Gailey.

What the hell is a Chudzinski, anyway???

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator