Whew! What a week.

TPS

The new Brandon-Whix-Marrone regime aren't messing around.

I don't know that the offense will be significantly different, but the play calling has to be better. The defensive players have to be pretty excited about the changes; I certainly am.

Damn! They are sucking me in again...

I don't know that the offense will be significantly different, but the play calling has to be better. The defensive players have to be pretty excited about the changes; I certainly am.

Its easier not to fight it...

If you want to stay excited, don't examine our current QB situation too closely. :bag:

This week was not about Player Personnel. It was more about building the coaching side of the team. We still have a lot of work on that side having to hire the position coaches. Only after that, the coaching staff can truly evaluate the current personnel of the team and identify what needs to be done in FA and then the draft.

This week was not about Player Personnel. It was more about building the coaching side of the team. We still have a lot of work on that side having to hire the position coaches. Only after that, the coaching staff can truly evaluate the current personnel of the team and identify what needs to be done in FA and then the draft.

:thumbsup:

Go with it....these guys are smart and hungry and not screwing around.

Give in to the power of the tea!

After watching Marrone's presser, & listening to Murph's interview with Hackett & Pettine, I agree with this 100%! There will come a point in time, and not too far into next season, when we'll all realize how mediocre our coaching staff has been over the past decade. Most of us already realize this, but I mean it's really gonna permeate our beings. I believe this crew is gonna be around awhile. They're gonna get us out of the gutter! Get your popcorn ready!

On the bolded: Why?

Does anyone remember Dick Jauron's offense? This is not a defense of Gailey, but there can be and has been much worse.

On the bolded: Why?

Does anyone remember Dick Jauron's offense? This is not a defense of Gailey, but there can be and has been much worse.

If it's the first part, it seems the styles of offense are similar, with one main exception (something I think that came out in Simon's analysis) that the MH offense rarely uses an empty set. For the most part I liked Gailey's scheme and much of his calling, but I absolutely hated calling a play with an empty set in short yardage situations. I don't get that. I think he too easily went to the passing game in situations where he didn't necessarily need to. IMHO the running game is something that needs to stay a part of an offense even when you are not generating big runs early (I am not talking about situations where you are down 21 points in the second half). I also don't think he was that good of a game-day coach. That said, I don't know enough about MH, but my impression is they will be better (much of this also is due to Simon's analysis--kudos).

personally LOVE the coining of WHIX - i havent seen/heard it before, TPS gets credit in my book for WHIX unless it can be otherwise proven....

kudos

Thanks. Whix was a Whim, but it is obviously generated by whoever came up with Chix.

If it's the first part, it seems the styles of offense are similar, with one main exception (something I think that came out in Simon's analysis) that the MH offense rarely uses an empty set. For the most part I liked Gailey's scheme and much of his calling, but I absolutely hated calling a play with an empty set in short yardage situations. I don't get that. I think he too easily went to the passing game in situations where he didn't necessarily need to. IMHO the running game is something that needs to stay a part of an offense even when you are not generating big runs early (I am not talking about situations where you are down 21 points in the second half). I also don't think he was that good of a game-day coach. That said, I don't know enough about MH, but my impression is they will be better (much of this also is due to Simon's analysis--kudos).

Thanks. Glad to see there is substance behind it and not just another empty thought to paint the last guy fired as the worst ever. B-) Like I said, I wasn't trying to defend Gailey or his tactics. I was glad to see him fired at Georgia Tech. ;)