Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Nate personally and I am thrilled with this news! He knows his sh*t, loves the Bills and is committed to winning. This will be great for us! And as stated previously, I would not be at all surprised to see Nassib in a Bills uni next season.

Hell yeah!!

This is the biggest thing I worry about. Like others sick of the same old crap I don't mind the hire because it's finally something outside the box but can you telegraph your 1st round pick anymore?

what would really be great is that everyone else in the league would expect this. We pass on him and the league goes nuts and thinks "there must be something wrong with this guy if his own college coach and OC won't draft him" then we steal him in the 2nd round when everyone else backs away like the 2nd coming of the plague.

what would really be great is that everyone else in the league would expect this. We pass on him and the league goes nuts and thinks "there must be something wrong with this guy if his own college coach and OC won't draft him" then we steal him in the 2nd round when everyone else backs away like the 2nd coming of the plague.

Wow. Now that's analytical. :thumbsup:

Nathaniel Hackett after SU Pinstripe Bowl win

You know what......I loved that interview. I know, doesn't mean a whole lot, but you can see the passion and the excitement. You can see the fire. And being youg and hungry never hurts. Personally, I am kind of excited to see what these guys can put together. I like the youth movement. I just hope this means it is about forward thinking. No more punting inside the oponents 38 with 4th and 5 or less......PERIOD. There is a lot more than that out of an ofense that I want and need, obviously, but that drives me crazy all the time. Be aggressive. Dictate the game and how you want to play it.....not the other way around.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

I digress.....

“Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means ‘a whale’s vagina.’”

Get ready - Anchorman 2.........http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/03/will-ferrell-anchorman-2 ...... !!!

I digress.....

“Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means ‘a whale’s vagina.’”

Get ready - Anchorman 2.........http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/03/will-ferrell-anchorman-2 ...... !!!

i heard they've wanted to do part 2 for years now but it's been nixxed. Not sure if its resurfaced now or not but just an FYI from what I've heard.

How old was McDaniels when he became OC? Late 20's I believe and he was hired by the Broncos in his early 30's.

One caveat, he was groomed by arguably one of the greatest coach in the modern history of the league. So this comparable is based strictly on age...watching that video with his commentary really displays his youthful zeal but I'M NOT FEELING THIS AT ALL. He's referencing Stonybrook...are you freaking kidding me, C'MON MAN !!!

YE OLE is less than impressed with all of this. This may or may not be an accurate assessment, as there are obviously other factors, but if we essentially port a rather young, relatively inexperienced (at the NFL level) coaching staff from Syracuse and end up with Nassib as our prospective "franchise QB" it's a bit concerning that the best that all of these fellows could muster was an 8-5 record in the Big East?

Now, I'm sure some folks will don the rose colored glasses and say "Yeah but YE OLE, just look where THE 'CUSE was prior to all of this..." or point to the fact that with better talent surrounding these guys they'll take off. Those are, indeed, salient points. But, the fact is, you look at a HC/QB/OC (again, just assuming Nassib as part of the equation for argument's sake) as being a major nucleus of a program that while much improved over recent renditions of ORANGE FOOTBALL, was still rather pedestrian at the NCAA level. YE OLE is not seeing any evidence to support the fact that these guys will go from 8-5 in the Big East to some kind of ass kicking machine in the AFC East. Rather it's more likely, we will once again play the role of one legged man in the ass kicking contest that is the AFC East.

YE OLE had such high hopes when this offseason started. First, rumors of ownership change... rumors of Polian returning... we get Russ Brandon as President. YE OLE brushed it off, and thought... well maybe we'll get a big time coach up in here... perhaps we are willing to spend top dollar this time... we get Doug Marrone. YE OLE even tried to justify this for a day or two, thinking maybe this guy could put together a decent staff... and now: Nathaniel Hackett. This smacks of 2001 when Gregg "High School" Williams assembled high school caliber staff from his vast collection of dossiers.

i heard they've wanted to do part 2 for years now but it's been nixxed. Not sure if its resurfaced now or not but just an FYI from what I've heard.

it's on - check that link I posted

Well that escalated quickly

There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

it's on - check that link I posted

yeah. I just read up on it. I was right in my assessment. It was on, then called off by paramount, then back in again as of 2011-2012. My guess is Will Farrell's greatness has demanded this movie and Paramount couldn't go against him.

Either way. I'm happy with this. Should be a blast. I've heard it takes place about a decade or so after the original.

I can't wait to see some of the position coaches that are appointed. I saw some outstanding young coaches at the WNY pee-wee level this past fall. Hope they are not passed over.

By chance did Buddy, Russ & Doug consider asking Marrone who his top OC choices were before they hired him?

+1

Kinda makes my wonder just how a guy was interviewed 4-5 times and his coordinators weren't identified.