Division Round Predictions

Denver (-9) over ravens: ravens gave lewis a nice swan song at home last week. Ends this week with a banged up group on the road, and a Denver D that will pressure Flacco, something colts couldn't do.

Atlanta (-2.5) over seahawks: don't like injury to clemons at all. Without getting pressure on ryan he will find a way to get his receivers the ball. Look for Jones physicality to be more than a match for seahawks physical DBs

Packers (+3) over 9ers: hard to get behind 9ers after their brutal beating at seahawks hands 2 weeks ago. But still they're at home and have a lot of tAlent. With packers finding their groove again last week, I'm boiling it down to Rodgers over ck. Expect close one here.

New England (-9) over Texans: pats are rested and at home and just have proven too many weapons for texans to defend. One dimensional team on offense wont beat pats either, bellichick will find a way to take away key strengths. Don't expect as big a blowout as last time, but still see pats covering.

Last week: 2-2 outright and against spread

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think Atlanta is prime to be upset...the only other team that had more wins than expected based on advanced stats was Indy(+5) than Atlanta's +4...this is a 9 win team that lucked into 4 extra wins...those teams are usually exposed quickly in the playoffs(see Colts). Seattle is just a wrecking crew on defense, especially against the pass. Atlanta can't run the ball, so this plays right into Seattle's strength...

Houston gets buried by the Pats again...

Denver handles Baltimore

Pack handles the 49ers on the road...49ers have been in a long slow fade since midseason...Pack has been pouring it on...I don't think this will be all that close either...

Denver (-9) over ravens: With point I take the Ravens. This will be a close game but I see Denver winning by 3 or 4.

Seaharks over Atlanta (-2.5) : don't like injury to clemons at all. Seattle ahs more than just Clemmons for rushing the passer. IMO Atlanta isnt as good as their record. This year they won alot of really close games where they easily could have been an 8-8 club.

Seattle upsets Atlanta in a close 3/4 pt game where theis is decided in the final 5 minutes.

49ers over the Packers (+3) : this is a push--49ers 3 pt win. I dont read anything in the 49ers game a few weeks ago. This game is in SF...not GB. This will be a close game. Had this been in Gren Bay I would have gone with the Packers...but its not.

Houston over New England (-9): Take Texans with the points. Houston rebounds and beats New England in this game...decided in the 4th quarter based on who has the ball last. Housotn knew it was likely going to play NE in the playoffs so they held back on their playboook.

Broncos over Ravens: Unlike the Colts, the Broncos will score touchdowns. The Ray Lewis retirement emotion is not enough.

Packers over 49'ers: This should be an outstanding game. Packers offense has enough to beat out the 49'ers tough defense. Colin Kaepernick has been struggling as of late, and must step up if SF hopes to win.

Falcons over Seahawks: I just do not see the Falcons with another early exit in the post season. They have a chip on their shoulder and no matter how hot the Seahawks have been, I do not see them going any further.

Texans over Patriots: This will not be a repeat of the first time they met. Texans D steps up and shocks the Patriots.

Pretty bold call for a one eyed fat man mark. But if Texans interior line can't handle wilfork again (no reason to think anythings changed) there goes Texans run game. And you're down to schaub on the road vs a rested Brady & co @ home. No thanks.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Lots of similarities w/ the Jets upset @NE a couple years ago & Houston. Both were 3-4pt underdogs in a late season Monday night game, both were blown out, now all the sudden they're getting 9-10 points? Weird 'cause lines don't normally move that much in that short a period barring some catastrophic injury. I like Houston ATS there a lot, though Schaub obv. needs to play better.

Denver will romp.

NFC games are coin flips imo.

Edited by BuffOrange

Broncos and Pats* cover, Falcons and Packers squeak out wins.

Those of you predicting a Houston victory are letting your (understandable) Patriot* hatred cloud logic. Houston has been miserable for the last month, and they're not stopping Brady. Shaub throws at least two picks in this one.

I think Atlanta is prime to be upset...the only other team that had more wins than expected based on advanced stats was Indy(+5) than Atlanta's +4...this is a 9 win team that lucked into 4 extra wins...those teams are usually exposed quickly in the playoffs(see Colts). Seattle is just a wrecking crew on defense, especially against the pass. Atlanta can't run the ball, so this plays right into Seattle's strength...

Houston gets buried by the Pats again...

Denver handles Baltimore

Pack handles the 49ers on the road...49ers have been in a long slow fade since midseason...Pack has been pouring it on...I don't think this will be all that close either...

+1 on all

Denver over Balt. Peyton has pretty much torched the Ravens defense his entire career I dont see that changing. I get the emotional high the Ravens may be on for Ray Lewis but it will be fleeting. Denver wins going away.

Gb over SF The Packers offense is humming Aaron Rodgers hasn't thrown a int since week 13. The Niners best bet will be to hit gb with a heavy dose of their run game and control the clock. Close until GB pulls away late.

Seattle over Atlanta- I'm not a believer in Atlanta. I see the Sehawks defense giving Matt Ryan and the falcons inability to run the ball a lot of problems. Seattle wont have a great game offensively but they'll force Ryan into mistakes that costs the game for the Falcons setting up the "Revenge Game" NFC Championship between the Packers and Sehawks

Houston at NE- I don't put any stock into how bad NE beat Houston the first time around. If Houston plays their game meaning they give the ball to Arian Foster and don't shoot themselves in the foot they keep it close. If I was betting no way Ne covers the spread. The problem for the Texans is their secondary is exploitable and will have problems dealing with the spread offense the Pats run. Brady was pinpoint the first game and avoided the Texans dline's penchant for knocking around passes he's going to have to be just as accurate again. I've been flip flopping on this game, as I feel it's going to be a lot closer than people think. I picked Houston to win the SB before the season starterd so I'll stick with that. Houston wins late.