Jets expected to release Calvin Pace and Bart Scott

Bart Scott could be a great addition to our LB corps. The Jets sure are dumping a lot.

The Jets are expected to release OLB Calvin Pace, ILB Bart Scott, OT Jason Smith, and S Eric Smith as soon as the waiver period opens in February.

Pace has been one of the least productive pass rushers in the league over the past three seasons. The moves will save $8.56 million on Pace, $7.15 million on Scott, $12 million on Jason Smith, and $3 million on Eric Smith while accounting for just $4.5 million in dead money. The Jets will have still little cap space with just 10 starters under contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/football-headlines

Wow that's really bad.

Part of the reason I was shocked Rex wasn't let go. The Jets have to essentially re-build this off-season because Rex came in and started signing every free agent under the sun and now theyre stuck. They should have fired Rex now and let the new coach re-build under his vision.

Are you thinking of Pace or Scott? I know Pace has been underwhelming but I've always thought Scott could play.

both? i was commenting on scott specifically though. i think hes found his way to the bench at times this year. his bark now officially bigger than his bite.

Part of the reason I was shocked Rex wasn't let go. The Jets have to essentially re-build this off-season because Rex came in and started signing every free agent under the sun and now theyre stuck. They should have fired Rex now and let the new coach re-build under his vision.

No, he didn't. But they have fired their GM, who did.