TSW inside jokes

Hey, great list -- I think I know 1/2 of them -- why not give us all the explanation "BillsBackersChicago" ??

Not sure if ur joking, but there's really not much to it. Started the handle when i was started a bills backers group here in chicago called "the Bills Backers of Chicago"

Back to the point: any exorbitant number attributed to Travis Henry's illegitimate children

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if ur joking, but there's really not much to it. Started the handle when i was started a bills backers group here in chicago called "the Bills Backers of Chicago"

Back to the point: any exorbitant number attributed to Travis Henry's illegitimate children

i suspect he was meaning explain all the things in the list...

Belinda - when you don't have much to say on a given topic

To expand, she was another frequenter here. She complained once about people putting up a post with the entire message in the subject ("SDS on WBEN in 15 minutes") and then only 'nm' or 'eom' in the body of the post (no more or end of message). So the resident wiseacres stopped putting 'nm' in the message and started putting 'belinda' to signify when they had nothing to say beyond what was in the subject.

kj

Thanks "NOSaint", yes, I was meaning explaining the list of inside jokes -- you listed them all, but never told everyone what they all meant ? --- some are easy, others ?? --- F5 ? . . . Chix ? . . . Laying on the tarmac ? ---- I have no idea

Don't leave me (and others) hanging Chi-town

Thanks "NOSaint", yes, I was meaning explaining the list of inside jokes -- you listed them all, but never told everyone what they all meant ? --- some are easy, others ?? --- F5 ? . . . Chix ? . . . Laying on the tarmac ? ---- I have no idea

Don't leave me (and others) hanging Chi-town

F5 is the shortcut key for reloading a page. So when you have a thread that moves quickly...for example the Mario Williams saga...if you're monitoring the posts closely you are repeatedly F5 F5 F5'ing your keyboard

Chix. Chan + Nix = Chix

If I remember correctly lying on the tarmac also came from the Mario's in town saga. Something along the lines of a poster saying he would go to the Buffalo Airport and lie on the tarmac to keep Mario from flying out of town. Someone else will have to verify and expand on that though.

Edited by JM57

I've always wondered about this one, can someone explain it to me?

Chroise refers to Gibran Hamdan, who was the 2nd / 3rd string QB on the Bills for a few years during the Trentative era. He came to the bills from NFL europe, and has the perfect combination of "poise" and "charisma" (hence chroise).

LAMP. Look at me post

SUW. Silly unfocused Wednesdays. Back before the other boards TSW was boring on Wednesday so people would post OTW stuff before OTW was around.

Followed by the slightly lesser known NVT - Nasty, Vicious Thursdays where TSW posters would turn on each other