ESPN: Chip Kelly staying at Oregon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its a humongous ego adjustment to go from GOD on the Oregon campus to highly-regarded employee (with no track record) of the ownership and front office.

The other thought is that he may need total control of personnell to be able to work his magic and he found out that only the elite are handed that coming in the door in the NFL.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

What a Douche , yanking these teams around he'll be lucky to get into the league now, don't like that spread s#!t anyway.

They're competitors of ours and they both tried sharp elbows tactics to push other teams out of the way. Here's how I feel towards them:

http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/tard-grumpy-cat-good-sad-13529885618.jpg

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

People keep saying this but don't provide a link. Who is everyone else??

"The Browns landed in Arizona and spent valuable time zeroing in on their No. 1 target. Meanwhile, their No. 2 target, Doug Marrone, became the new head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

The Eagles also were interested in Marrone"

http://www.nfl.com/n...k-at-square-one

Edited by Campy

I have to give credit to the Bills FO.

If this was 3 years ago we would have waited for Chip to make his decision and then go from there.

Now, the Bills sensed hesitation and decided to move forward with their (and most other teams) second choice.

Smart move by Russ and the Bills FO.

Now we can look at addressing the rest of the coaching staff while the other teams have to play catch up.

CBF

Neither did Kelly. He openly went to interview with Philly after Cleveland.

Absolute nonsense.

There is no loyalty in the NFL to other teams or owners.

Wade Phillips refused an owners order, resigned, and then was a head coach again a few years later.

It doesn't matter how bad you "diss" a team. If you're a hot name, you get called.

Yea....like Nick Saban.

If this was 3 years ago we would have waited for Chip to make his decision and then go from there.

Now, the Bills sensed hesitation and decided to move forward with their (and most other teams) second choice.

Now we can look at addressing the rest of the coaching staff while the other teams have to play catch up.

CBF

Nothing has changed at One Bills Drive! Ralph is Cheap! :w00t:

PTR

CBF

+1

I think the FO was actually prescient on this. Of course, we don't know how the interview went; however I think that it is telling that there was such an accelerated hire time frame (and apparently an early morning decision) after meeting with the candidates late last week.

I would like to think that the FO took advantage a few teams' preoccupation with Chip Kelly's pyrite and made the move in the midst of their misplaced enchantment.

I don't know about y'all, but I love my Bills so I'm going with that.

I don't know if I can dislike Kelly for this. He interviewed, asked for the moon, and when the dust settled, decided it was better for him to go back to Oregon, where he gets top recruits and pay thanks to Phil Knight's money. And there might be sanctions against him, so he's possibly going home to face the music, unlike a weasel like Pete Carroll.

As for the Bills being able to hire Marrone, the lease brought major stability to the franchise, while surprisingly Brandon and Whaley are getting good pub around the NFL.

I don't know why you would ever leave college to be a NFL coach. Kelly has it made at Oregon. He gets recruits simply because of the school and Nike. He has all the power in the world. Why chance being a failure at the next level?

It's all about a new challenge at the highest level with the opportunity to prove you're the best at what you do.

I don't know if I can dislike Kelly for this. He interviewed, asked for the moon, and when the dust settled, decided it was better for him to go back to Oregon, where he gets top recruits and pay thanks to Phil Knight's money. And there might be sanctions against him, so he's possibly going home to face the music, unlike a weasel like Pete Carroll.

As for the Bills being able to hire Marrone, the lease brought major stability to the franchise, while surprisingly Brandon and Whaley are getting good pub around the NFL.

You definitely can't fault Kelly at all. The man can call his shot and if he doesn't like the offer, he can go back to being a god in a state with a college team with unlimited resources.

Here's my scorecard on the Marrone hire vs the Gailey hire:

2010: Bills interview 3 coaches, are turned down for numerous interviews, everyone knows who they're interviewing and when, Bills settle for Gailey

2013: Bills interview 5 coaches, are turned down by no one, no one knows when the interviews took place, Bills hire their first or at worst, their second choice

Like night and day.

I'm thinking Buddy Nix had a very small role in this weeks events.

I think your right. This could show the NFL's opinion of Buddy.