Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he had one good season(ok 2) but he needed 6 straight wins to get that second good season...

This is a guy who has just rebuilt a college program in just about no time. I like that. I like Ryan nassib, too, by the way. I REALLY like that the Bills left the beaten track of NFL-retreads looking for a new HC.

Who makes a better guy to root for...the AZ Card coach? The guy who couldn't win in Chicago with all that talent? Wiz and Lovie are proven zeroes. I will take Marrone. That program sucked when he arrived and despite a lack of talent at Cuse, he won. Look at Nassib video...he was a record setting QB with limited weapons.

It's definitely a dice roll but here's a guy who wants to be Bills coach and has been in WNY for a few years. Blls fans can be skeptical, but I'm a bit shocked to not find us rooting for a guy like this. It would be a great story...guy rebuilds awful WNY football college team, then goes on to Bills etc.

If you're bummed they didn't land Cowher or Gruden or Kelly, get over it. They were never coming. This came down to a bunch of also-ran retreads vs a guy with new blood.

First, if anyone believes that Russ Brandon has NOT already been calling the shots for the past three years, you are crazy! His relationship with Ralph since 2008 has very simply been...."Mr. Wilson, we believe Chan Gailey is the absolute best available candidate for our next HC! We are prepared to offer him XYZ contract". Ralph's reply...."what did you say...I can't hear a thing....whatever.....go ahead...I'm exhausted"

Sooooooo, my point? Simple: Nothing is going to change, proof one this morning. Doug Marrone? Are you kidding me. Cheap, yes. Figure Head, yes. Puppet, yes. Experienced, accomplished, well respected, feared........NO WAY.

Typical move from a typical non-qualified CEO. TYPICAL. Mark my words....three years from now, Doug will be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this............

Why this was announced so early this morning i am not sure. Not crazy about this hire. I felt like there was more quality out there. Unless we got a sense that other coaches showed little interest during interviews. Seems like Brandons Syracuse connection played a part which really shows that he's the real decision maker at OBD. I'll reserve my full judgement until the staff is put in place and see what players come and go.

Who makes a better guy to root for...the AZ Card coach? The guy who couldn't win in Chicago with all that talent? Wiz and Lovie are proven zeroes. I will take Marrone. That program sucked when he arrived and despite a lack of talent at Cuse, he won. Look at Nassib video...he was a record setting QB with limited weapons.

It's definitely a dice roll but here's a guy who wants to be Bills coach and has been in WNY for a few years. Blls fans can be skeptical, but I'm a bit shocked to not find us rooting for a guy like this. It would be a great story...guy rebuilds awful WNY football college team, then goes on to Bills etc.

If you're bummed they didn't land Cowher or Gruden or Kelly, get over it. They were never coming. This came down to a bunch of also-ran retreads vs a guy with new blood.

Completely agree. I want a forward-thinking, organized, disciplined and fresh hire. Let's give this guy a chance before we judge. Remember, his first two years at 'Cuse were with other people's recruits.

I wanted Kelley,know nothing about Marrone, but like him better than the other retreads we were looking at just cause to me the others were te same old same old..Bills said they were going to take risks and be forward thinking, think this shows that. Safe choice was Lovie.

Btw, turning around a college program chit ton harder than pro in my mind.

I will wait and see. In my opinion, you can't crucify the guy or our front office before the draft or without seeing who is assembled as a supporting cast.

Positives:

Younger

More pro experience than Chip Kelly

Has numerous NFL contacts in Payton, Jets coaches, Saints

Runs a program that fits his personnel (ESPN article)

He can still bring back some Bills coaches that were let go

Hard worker and aggressive.

Hey, ya never know.

Convincing teenagers to come to Syracuse is one thing. Running an NFL team is another. Of which he has no experience. And you guys are excited? I'm shocked. This guy isn't an offensive OR defensive genius. Unless they have a top notch OC and DC to announce as coming too then we are screwed

Hu Jackson and Lovie are still available we can have a win, win, win Marone is no-nonsesne kind go guy and an excellent manager I think he will be a good choice.

No announcement just "according to Adam Schefter". At 5 AM? Strange way to handle this.

I suspect it was leaked to be the #1 story on the morning game day shows, which it was. Had they waited till later, it would have been washed away with game discussion. I'm now ready to see if the"cab driver" returns this year at the draft

Stupid cheap organization is what I say. and another marketing BS move. I don't care, flame me, but this is by far the worst news I could have expected. We are never going to win if we continue with this management. NOTHING has changed!!!!!! More darkness...