Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

. I REALLY like that the Bills left the beaten track of NFL-retreads looking for a new HC.

Couldn't agree more. This hire feels different than a lot of the others. BTW, how the the genius DC OC hires go last time? Maybe what we need is a good head coach, not a genius coordinator.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously at my breaking point with this organization. It's too stressful to be a bills fan. I keep getting let down. Russ promised change but this is the kind of choice they made with Chan. I'm left with the feeling that we didn't go for the top guys once again and are left with the no-name coach. We are still a joke of an organization. #SameOldBills

I really wanted Smith bad. But keep your fingers crossed, I have yet to see offical confirmation of Marrone.

Its on NFL.com and appears to fit the Bills criteria: someone that does not demand much money and will not be allowed to have much control.

Brandon must think he can market this guy, but at best, he seems like a poor man's Chip Kelly.

I have a hard time understanding some people's borderline ignorance. Now, whether you especially like the hire of Doug Marrone or not, why is it inconceivable to so many that someone who hasn't been to a Superbowl could become a successful NFL head coach?! I don't get it.

He should have some success somewhere! He made a bad college team in a bad conference a mediocre college team in a bad conference. A .500 winning percentage is not all that exciting. Excuse me for not rolling out the red carpet

What makes this harder to swallow is that Lovie wanted to coach us. He has a winning record in a tough division and has been to the Super Bowl despite a bad qb. But we would rather have an unproven coach with a .500 record in a terrible college football conference? I don't get it. Maybe the Bills are planning on moving to the big east conference. They might have a shot vs that low end competition. This is a sad day for bills fans

this is exactly how i feel.

EXACTLY how i feel.

he went .500 in his college career, in a ho-hum conference, with a team that was a train wreck, and not necessarily easy to recruite marquee players to.

now, he's coming to an organization that is a train wreck, and not necessarily easy to recruit marquee players to.

my question: how is a coach that couldnt win in an easy conference in college with a bad team, going to win in the nfl, with a bad team?

https://twitter.com/...759291434295297

He was wanted by several teams.

https://twitter.com/...755100162764801

His interview with the Browns made them think he might be a better choice than Kelly, not just their "plan b."

I'm gonna laugh if the Browns don't get Kelly either and wind up hiring Whisenhunt.

He should have some success somewhere! He made a bad college team in a bad conference a mediocre college team in a bad conference. A .500 winning percentage is not all that exciting. Excuse me for not rolling out the red carpet

How many Coaches can you name off the top of your head that turned around a perennially terrible FBS football program inside of two years?

Chan Gailey was a 68-41 college coach and an 18-14 NFL coach before the Bills hired him. Bills just hired a 25-25 college coach. I just don't know what to think.

25-25 at a program that was 10-37 before him. They get NO recruits. What he has done has been pretty impressive.