Realistic Supporting Staff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does their college success give them any chance in the NFL? Do these guys, who's names we don't know, have any NFL experience?

I wouldn't knock them yet - good chance they are also off the Sean Payton coaching tree which is a part of the parcels tree.

Kromer and Carmichael are free agents in New Orleans that might want to get away from Payton and brees to show what they have....

I would like to see Carmichael as the OC. Kromer....not so much if it means him being the OL coach. Perhaps as an assistant head coach or something. If there's any coach from the Gailey staff that I hope is brought back, it's Joe D'Alessandris. He did a phenomenal job with the current OL.

I would like to see Carmichael as the OC. Kromer....not so much if it means him being the OL coach. Perhaps as an assistant head coach or something. If there's any coach from the Gailey staff that I hope is brought back, it's Joe D'Alessandris. He did a phenomenal job with the current OL.

Kromer has been a FANTASTIC oline coach. Turned mid round picks into Carl nicks and jahri Evans (two best guards in football) and has survived with bushrod and streif at tackle. Could go on and on in his success with the line

He's be fantastic in that role.

Edited by NoSaint

No no no no no no NO to Gregg Williams. I don't care if he's the right guy for the job, I don't want his scumbag ass in Buffalo. Norv isn't going to take this job over others, I doubt. Lovie Smith would be the dream DC but I doubt he will come here.

The only coaches I know I want is that I want us to bring back our former O-line coach, and then hire Rob Moore as our WRs coach.

I say its Horton from AZ as DC/asst head coach.

He's still under contract in AZ and has no reason to leave unless it's a HC gig.

HC: Marrone

OC: Pete Carmichael

DC: Lovie (not going to happen, so i'm not sure where to look)

WRs coach: Rob Moore

Defensive backs coach: Gill Byrd

O-line coach: Joe D'Alessandris

that would be a circus if we got greg......might be a good move........but don't think many teams would have to balls to pull this off.

his results can't be questioned.........minus the whole well you know thing.

Williams is done in the NFL. Great DC, but he can't coach NFL players anymore, after that whole issue last year.

that would be a circus if we got greg......might be a good move........but don't think many teams would have to balls to pull this off.

his results can't be questioned.........minus the whole well you know thing.

Yes. His results can. Did you see the saints d get worse each year. He comes in with fire but gets predictable and..... I don't even know why I'm seriously replying...,

Edited by NoSaint

Lovie.

Lovie would be "best"choice for DC, but doubtful it occurs unless he is not given a HC gig. Of the fired coaches, i see him getting a shot somewhere else as a HC over most of others with exception od Reid and he was already snatched up. He expressed interest in coming here which is a good sign and i think the main reason he liked our squad was the potential we have in the front 4.. If we bring in a DC of his caliber, he will do a much better job than DW with a talented but under achieving D. Our DL is well above average and has potential to be top 10. LB's are a joke but work "should" be done their in offseason and secondary will have Gilmore now in his 2nd yr which tends to be the yr that young CB's flourish and even though he only had 1 int, he has still rated highly for his rookie yr. Our other CB's are a mess but gems in rough can be found there and if we re-sign Byrd who with Andy will be the 2 KEY guys that must be resigned, our D has a lot of potential with not THAT many tweaks... to be honest... just having a DC with HALF a brain , should be able to even turn last yr squad into a middle tier D, a GOOD DC, could get us in top 10. Major issue i see regarding Lovie, is he wanted HC job here, after not getting it and being passed up for a college coach.... dont think we would rank high as his 'want' list... u never know though.. hopefully no one signs him as HC cuz our DC job is one with most potential out there and especially coming off such an awful yr, a guy like Lovie could come in and shake things up and get a lot more just by scheming differently.

He's still under contract in AZ and has no reason to leave unless it's a HC gig.

HC: Marrone

OC: Pete Carmichael

DC: Lovie (not going to happen, so i'm not sure where to look)

WRs coach: Rob Moore

Defensive backs coach: Gill Byrd

O-line coach: Joe D'Alessandris

Carmichael seems like a natural marriage with Marrone especially if Carmichael calls the plays. Otherwise I don't see why Carmichael would leave the saints. I hope D'Allesandris comes back too.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

His defensive coordinator at Syracuse was Scott Shafer who did manage to bring Syracuse's Defense to a respectable level (although they did tail off a bit last year).

However, one would assume he would be the front runner to replace Marrone as head coach at Cuse.

Carmichael seems like a natural marriage with Marrone especially if Carmichael calls the plays. Otherwise I don't see why Carmichael would leave the saints. I hope D'Allesandris comes back too.

Carmichael is no longer under contact with the Saints, they let his contract expire.

His defensive coordinator at Syracuse was Scott Shafer who did manage to bring Syracuse's Defense to a respectable level (although they did tail off a bit last year).

However, one would assume he would be the front runner to replace Marrone as head coach at Cuse.

Carmichael is no longer under contact with the Saints, they let his contract expire.

Well then, that's perfect! That would be a good start to this staff.

To be fair, the saints may still want him. They had to resign their HC first, and technically still can't ask if he wants Carmichael until his suspension is done (though in sure they know)