Quarterbacks in the Draft

I was surprised to hear Kiper say he still thought Glennon would be the first qb off the board. He said it on ESPN radio after Glennon's bowl game.

I've watched as many highlight reels on YouTube of all these QBs and Glennon was most impressive to me. I know, who am I! But we've all watched tons off football and QBs and all we have are our preferences based an what we've seen in the nfl.

Too many QBs get too much credit for playing at powerhouse schools.... Think any USC QB. Many others get too discounted because they were on poor teams with maybe not with mind blowing numbers. Or in lower conferences. Roethlisberger comes to mind... I mean his college team is in UB's conference like Dysert!!!!! Flacco played at Delaware!

My point is, it's the skill set moreso than the college or conference. So when you look at Glennon's, it's hard to argue he can't be the top QB from this class.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched as many highlight reels on YouTube of all these QBs and Glennon was most impressive to me. I know, who am I! But we've all watched tons off football and QBs and all we have are our preferences based an what we've seen in the nfl.

Too many QBs get too much credit for playing at powerhouse schools.... Think any USC QB. Many others get too discounted because they were on poor teams with maybe not with mind blowing numbers. Or in lower conferences. Roethlisberger comes to mind... I mean his college team is in UB's conference like Dysert!!!!! Flacco played at Delaware!

My point is, it's the skill set moreso than the college or conference. So when you look at Glennon's, it's hard to argue he can't be the top QB from this class.

Thats right. I have even seen Tom Brady and Peyton have bad games.

High pressure stage? Not all bowl games matter. Lasts night Cotton bowl meant very little except for cash and bragging rights. The Pinstripe bowl...nothing at stake. Now, that Fiesta bowl, little on the line.

Point being, its just 1 game, many times a meaningless game. Plus there's the whole month layover. Its just not a valid measure IMO

Please don't tell that to the two teams. Every team cherishes playing in a post-season game. It means national recognition for their program.

Now that we know who the coach of the Bills is going to be, we can at least guess the TYPE of QB. He has to be smart, disciplined accurate and able to run the WEST Coast Offense. That would leave out Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, and maybe Wilson. Barkley and Nassib are the only ones that fit the system.

Jarvus...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... To 3-4 teams, Jarvis Jones is gold and a top 10 pick. To us, he's a reach at 8.

If he's the pick, I'd welcome him with open arms, but I'm not convinced that he's the right guy for us. Not yet. The spinal issue scares me too.

Edited by DStebb716

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... To 3-4 teams, Jarvis Jones is gold and a top 10 pick. To us, he's a reach at 8.

If he's the pick, I'd welcome him with open arms, but I'm not convinced that he's the right guy for us. Not yet. The spinal issue scares me too.

He's possibly the best player in the entire draft. No matter what defense you run, he's not a reach at #8.

I've watched all the passing plays of Tyler Wilson's week 8 game against Ole Miss and week 12 game against LSU.

This kid is extremely talented and very tough. I like him a lot. I'd like to hear more about how many concussions he's had and when they occurred.

I like Tyler Wilson very much.

Agreed.

I'm more intrigued by this kid than any other QB in the draft right now.

Now that we know who the coach of the Bills is going to be, we can at least guess the TYPE of QB. He has to be smart, disciplined accurate and able to run the WEST Coast Offense. That would leave out Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, and maybe Wilson. Barkley and Nassib are the only ones that fit the system.

Why does that exclude Smith or Wilson?

I had to realize that with this class in coming to decide if we even should take one of these guys. People were calling for Nassib Im like who the hell is that? He goes to Cuse who came outta there then I remembered McNabb. I still don't trust none of them they don't have that it factor to me. It seems like the 99' Draft Tim Couch,Donovan McNabb, Akil Smith, Cade McKnown, Daunte Culpepper draft all over again. 3 Busts 1 Avg 1 Great quarterback, who knows which is which and I for one don't want to blow it.

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Agreed.

I'm more intrigued by this kid than any other QB in the draft right now.

In the next few months I'll start watching all the videos and making up my fave list.

But Tyler Wilson looks great to me. He can make all the throws and a natural feel for the game. Almost every throw he makes seems to be the perfect trajectory and velocity.

He seems to instinctively throw with appropriate touch every time and he can gun the ball when the occasion calls for it.

I like several QBs from this draft, but I was curious about two things.

1. How many people are high on Zac Dysert? I think he has the potential to rocket up draft boards.

2. Am I the only one that is thinking that we should take two QBs fairly high (anywhere in rounds 1-4, a la Griffin and Cousins)?

I'm curious why you preferred Landry Jones in the first if you think Bray is the most talented QB in this year's draft class. Did you just think Jones was more NFL ready in year 1 than Bray? I ask because I don't know much about him.

Jones is more ready but just don't think he will be elite. Bray has sick skills but needs a ton of work on reading defenses. Watch Tennessee vs NC State highlights and you would think he was Marino, I watched the whole game and thought wow this kid can really sling it but as the season went on he really regressed by throwing int's and not converting 3rd downs.

In the next few months I'll start watching all the videos and making up my fave list.

But Tyler Wilson looks great to me. He can make all the throws and a natural feel for the game. Almost every throw he makes seems to be the perfect trajectory and velocity.

He seems to instinctively throw with appropriate touch every time and he can gun the ball when the occasion calls for it.

too bad he had such a bad situation this year, he looked great last year but this year was awful, hopefully he rebounds.