Another law that I never knew existed

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually all for this kind of thing

Most people don't realise that naming their child something dumb "But Unique and Different" can sometimes lead to alot of bullying and name calling from other kids growing up

But hey, atleast the parent can smile and talk about the uniqueness that they gave their child

Most people don't realise that naming their child something dumb "But Unique and Different" can sometimes lead to alot of bullying and name calling from other kids growing up

But hey, atleast the parent can smile and talk about the uniqueness that they gave their child

There are a lot of people out there who think having kids is all about themselves.

Actual child's name I've heard of:

Unique Mercedes Benz Precious <last name>

No incipient adolescent narcissism problem there, no. Funniest thing...kid's in a school class that has one other kid named "Unique".

My economics teacher had a girl named La-a, pronounced "La-dash-a". At least America has some creativity on its soil... :bag:

Substitute teachers would screw my name up sometimes. My middle inital is "E", so they would call out for "Jackie". I wouldn't answer. Then they would ask if there was anyone they missed. I'd raise my hand. They'd ask my name. "Jack" I would reply. They'd sheepishly mark off that I was there.

My daughter's name is Lee-Lin and named after both my mother (Leona) and my wife's mother (family name Lee). We thought it was good compromise between Chinese and American names - Chinese but easily pronounced by Americans even if not a name we have heard before. My daughter is constantly needed to correct people on her name. Oddly many years after my daughter was born my best man married a lady with the same name Lee-Lin. We were not as progressive as we thought!

My economics teacher had a girl named La-a, pronounced "La-dash-a". At least America has some creativity on its soil... :bag:

If you believe that story, it might rank as one of the more popular names out there. Every teacher/school/town has that exact story.

Forget bullying - try putting those on a resume,