Sal Capaccio podcast

Sal podcast

A rundown of all the coaching candidates, plus a review on Lovie Smith by a sports guy from Chicago. Worth listening to if you favor Lovie. This guy HATES Lovie and gives reasons why. Is he right or is it just a fan ultra-focused on what his guy does wrong?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My God this Johnny Von dude HATES Lovie, insults him as a coach and as a man. He gets so personal with it "he's condescening, intellecutally insulting, arrogant..." and he goes on like that. He sounds like one of those media guys that just starts railing on someone because they wouldn't grant them an interview or something.

For as many horrible things that were said about lovie, how many years was he in chicago, a major market? Why do players love to play for him?

Some people just have an axe to grind. At the end of the day, look at lovies accomplishments on the field.

Some people just go off on a tangent spewing hate. Look at how hoge went crazy over Tebow a couple of weeks ago going as far as insulting his character. Tebow did more for humanity by the age of 15 than Hoge will ever do in his entire life.

I listened to it......

He downplays the fact that Lovie has a winning record (hit....if good teams didnt beat up on bad teams they wouldnt have winning records)....the fact that they got to a super bowl....etc etc etc

This guy has an axe to grind and you can hear it

Completely agree.

Edited by bobobonators

For all you Lovie Smith fans. Lovie has a good win/loss record, however, he is 19-39 against teams with a winning record. He is not an innovative coach, that's why he was in Chicago. For years during the Juron era, I heard many complaints about him being a corpse on the sideline. Lovie is a Juron clone, do you want another Juron?

For all you Lovie Smith fans. Lovie has a good win/loss record, however, he is 19-39 against teams with a winning record. He is not an innovative coach, that's why he was in Chicago. For years during the Juron era, I heard many complaints about him being a corpse on the sideline. Lovie is a Juron clone, do you want another Juron?

Stop w the jauron nonsense. What's jaurons record as a head coach?

You can't coach in the league this many years and be a "bad" or "average" coach..especially at his w/l clip. And he has never had a great QB like rodgers or brady, brees, etc.

Edited by bobobonators

Missed the playoffs five of the last six seasons.

Four offensive coordinators in eight years of head coaching, offense never finished ranked higher than 23rd, four times ranked 28th or lower.

Less-than-stellar record against teams with a winning record.

That probably has something to do with it.

Missed the playoffs five of the last six seasons.

Four offensive coordinators in eight years of head coaching, offense never finished ranked higher than 23rd, four times ranked 28th or lower.

Less-than-stellar record against teams with a winning record.

That probably has something to do with it.

I hear all that, and how much of that blame should the GM take for not assembling an O-line and being unable to get a decent QB in all those years up until Cutler.

as for record against teams with a winning record, i'd like to see what other coaches' records vs. winning opponents are. all the good teams in the NFL beat up on weak teams and then either go .500 vs good teams..or worse.

Lovie has BY FAR the most impressive resume of any available HC this year (now that Reid is gone). In fact, i'd be willing to bet (without even looking), that Lovie probably has more wins than our last 3 head coaches combined. When was the last time we hired a HC with such an impresssive W/L record in the NFL? I don't think we as bills fans - who are among the laughing stock of the NFL - should be nit-picking Lovie's wins in teh NFL.

In the interview he claims to have LS fired Rivera but I believe Rivera's contract was just not renewed, he wasn't fired. Wouldn't know what was occurring during contract negotiations. And even with the supposed failings that Jonny Von mentioned LS still has a winning record.

Edited by cklapka

As with most things, it usually lies somewhere in the middle. His win/loss record isn't as good as it looks, but he's far from being a bum either.

Sounds a lot like a Chicago version of sullivan or schopp/bulldog.

Edited by jeremy2020

It's always something...

-He's got a winning record but 19-39 against winning teams

-hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years

And yet...

-he's 6-3 in the playoffs

-been to 2 NFC Championships and a SB

-went to the Super Bowl with Rex freakin Grossman

As Bills fans we always find something...