• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Over -- rated.

Over -- rated.

Without the cool nickname.... He's just a middle of the pack qb.

Fun to watch but he's already being fitted for a Super Bowl ring and HoF jacket by some. Seems like a potential head case based on his arrest last year and rumored arrest in high school.

No biggie. I'm sure he'd prefer the nfl gig.

What did you find so wrong with his arrest? Not that an arrest is ever good but it seems to me he was just sticking up for a friend and initially tried to break up the fight or stop it. He's also amazing from everything I have seen. Unbelievable college year. Maybe not big enough for the pros but an absolutely phenomenal season and play.

I swear you'd find fault with Mother Theresa.

Haha - he's another fun college player, but I'm tired of the "pass on qbs so we can trade up to number one to get Johnny football next year" from people that have seen 20 mins of him on the field.

He was a 3 star recruit with a highly unintelligent arrest (and another Rumored when he was a minor) coming into this season.

There's some reason to not crown him as the next manning yet. Lets enjoy him for a college player for now.

Can't believe how fast they were able to get down the field to score. They said that's their 24th TD this season in less than a min! Definitely the anti buffalo offense. I cringe every time we get the ball to run the 2 min drill because I know we will have a 3 and out and the other team will end up with enough time to score before the half

What did you find so wrong with his arrest? Not that an arrest is ever good but it seems to me he was just sticking up for a friend and initially tried to break up the fight or stop it. He's also amazing from everything I have seen. Unbelievable college year. Maybe not big enough for the pros but an absolutely phenomenal season and play.

The fighting drunk in the street followed by giving the cop a fake ID and not being able to atleast give the right year (or even same year) when asked multiple times.... is worrisome for judgement. It's highly rumored but not confirmed he has a sealed record as a minor if you follow college recruitment. Could be an ugly rumor, could be a sign he's not sharp. Perhaps Johnny football thinks the world revolves around him a bit more than it really does. Just stuff I've heard.

Was a 3 star recruit, 78th ranked qb coming out of HS....

I think he may underwhelm long term. That's all.

The fighting drunk in the street followed by giving the cop a fake ID and not being able to atleast give the right year (or even same year) when asked multiple times.... is worrisome for judgement. It's highly rumored but not confirmed he has a sealed record as a minor if you follow college recruitment. Could be an ugly rumor, could be a sign he's not sharp. Perhaps Johnny football thinks the world revolves around him a bit more than it really does. Just stuff I've heard.

Was a 3 star recruit, 78th ranked qb coming out of HS....

I think he may underwhelm long term. That's all.

I admit I have different standards for these kids than most people (much more lenient on them than others for stuff like getting into a fight or a fake ID when you're 18). I also based the fact that it really wasn't all that big a deal when the team really didn't punish him that much for it, and allowed him to start right away. Then after seeing his first press conference that he was allowed to do, which lasted about 45 minutes, he really came across as a decent kid. Granted, if you're good in front of a camera you can come across like a good guy when you're a total ass. But he really came across well, and not slick or rehearsed.

I can't see how he cannot go down though, it would be phenomenal if he has the year this coming year that he had this last one. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserved the Heisman though, in this off year.

Who really thinks that offense would fly in the NFL? DC's are going to figure it out and then what's Chip gonna do? Time of possession is ridiculously one sided. Play smash mouth and wear the D down to mush in the second half. It's fun to watch for sure for college ball.

What possibly makes you think he would just run that offense in the NFL?

I admit I have different standards for these kids than most people (much more lenient on them than others for stuff like getting into a fight or a fake ID when you're 18). I also based the fact that it really wasn't all that big a deal when the team really didn't punish him that much for it, and allowed him to start right away. Then after seeing his first press conference that he was allowed to do, which lasted about 45 minutes, he really came across as a decent kid. Granted, if you're good in front of a camera you can come across like a good guy when you're a total ass. But he really came across well, and not slick or rehearsed.

I can't see how he cannot go down though, it would be phenomenal if he has the year this coming year that he had this last one. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserved the Heisman though, in this off year.

I understand, and I get they are kids and I did dumb stuff too....

But it's not just having the fake ID (who cares?) it's giving it to the cop that shows up (really?!?) and then going ahead and giving two different birthdays when asked (REALLY?!?).

I also get a bit shorter on the leash when it's a pattern and not just an isolated incident, and it could be nasty recruiting rumors ive heard but the rumors are, not stellar.

Kind of like not caring when a player tests positive once but when it's at the combine, or it's happened a few times you have to question the head on their shoulders.

Way off topic of The game on now though.

Who really thinks that offense would fly in the NFL? DC's are going to figure it out and then what's Chip gonna do? Time of possession is ridiculously one sided. Play smash mouth and wear the D down to mush in the second half. It's fun to watch for sure for college ball.

Bill Bellichick obviously believes many of these principles translate to the NFL--- that's exactly why he's using them. Kelly has stated many times that he would fit his scheme to the personnel. It's not this specific offense that an NFL team would be buying, but his brains. The truth is, Oregon has the no.1 rushing attack in NCAAF.

And that also entails his use of percentages in determining when to take "risks" (even though they are statistically the safer call).

That's why they are called risk plays. Love this guy, take him in a heartbeat. This may be in the other thread, not sure, but Fitz would be great in this offense.

Ultimately, the risk paid off: Kansas State scored no points, and Oregon raced down the field at the speed of light.

Had Kansas State "played the percentages" and gone for the first down rather than attempt a difficult field goal with a shaky kicker, it'd possibly be 17-15 at the half, in favor of Snyder's team.

Edited by Punch

I think you could see him go no huddle but slower at the line to prevent substitutions (ala manning or a number of other qbs). Hustle on occasion.

And if he can score quick two or three times its hard to go smash mouth/time of possession on him.

I also think the numbers plugged into his system would vary on an nfl level. The right decision by the numbers at Oregon wouldn't be made by the same inputs at the nfl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.