Jadaveon Clowney's hit in the Outback Bowl

TC in St. Louis

Who the hell was the Michigan OL blocking that was so important that Clowney went totally unblocked? In the replays, it looks like the OL was pushing air to his right, rather than blocking an actual defender. Piss-poor blocking scheme.

Would that OLs did that with MD or MW... they'd look All-Millenium every week.

I think Clowney's first step was just so fast that the lineman expected him to be in one spot and then all of a sudden he's taking a step right and flying through the gap.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell was the Michigan OL blocking that was so important that Clowney went totally unblocked? In the replays, it looks like the OL was pushing air to his right, rather than blocking an actual defender. Piss-poor blocking scheme.

Would that OLs did that with MD or MW... they'd look All-Millenium every week.

Would you want to get in his way?

Yes. The RB, which I think was Denard Robinson got up after the play was over, wasn't injured at all. He even tried to recover the fumble.

I only saw a few minutes of this game. Robinson is now the running back and somebody else is QB? When did this happen?

Did South Carolina get the ball or did they call him down?

I only saw a few minutes of this game. Robinson is now the running back and somebody else is QB? When did this happen?

I thought Robinson has been battling an arm/elbow injury. Could be wrong though.

Yes, SC got the ball. He snatched it up after decapitating the RB.

Robinson suffered an elbow injury against Nebraska. Since then he was relegated to playing RB. He would play QB, but he never threw another pass.

It was comparable to the Roy Williams leaping safety.

or Lavar Arington.

Honestly thought the kid's head was going to be in that helmet. That kid is the next Bruce.

looks like it, would love having this kid on our team. I bet he comes out next year.

Yes. The RB, which I think was Denard Robinson got up after the play was over, wasn't injured at all. He even tried to recover the fumble.

What! you mean he didn't die from a concussion?

Suck for Clowney 2014!!!!!

I know you are kidding but I can't take anymore sucking. That said more often then not when you get a whole new staff you do poor the first year so maybe we get a shot :bag:

God I hope to hear those words in my lifetime.

Our daughter is a student at South Carolina, we have been watching this kid all season, he is a force at this level, but he seems light for the NFL, He is listed at 256 which is Maybin size, hopefully he can bulk up without losing speed which is his biggest gift.

Our daughter is a student at South Carolina, we have been watching this kid all season, he is a force at this level, but he seems light for the NFL, He is listed at 256 which is Maybin size, hopefully he can bulk up without losing speed which is his biggest gift.

No. That was Maybin's size for those few moments he tried to bulk up.

Maybin was really a 235 pounder on a light frame.

235 pounds is the weight that Maybin played at in the Rose Bowl and through most of his NFL career.

Not saying Clowney doesn't need to fill out a bit.

But he is 6'6" so he's quite a long athlete.

He has been dominant in the best conference in college football, I think he be a monster at the next level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.